English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 13 June 2013, 15:11   #2281
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Send a message via Skype™ to Retrofan
That is ok, but perhaps I'm thinking in some of the solder points of Lisa with the heat it suffers needs to be resoldered . Also if it were just the indi,... but they are all the video outputs.

Edit: Ups now I see the led I'm using for the "Anemo's Revenge Trick" got unsoldered (http://eab.abime.net/support-hardwar...ng-colors.html). That substitutes the D125 chip, so I think it's only that that I must solder again to have again the scart, and then reflash the indi.

Last edited by Retrofan; 13 June 2013 at 15:26.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 18 June 2013, 01:46   #2282
gnujon

Hey Retrofan, did you manage to sort your problem out?

I think I have that same issue with my second A1200, I was thinking of trying the Anemo's Revenge trick on it. I might just get another Indi II instead though (if there are still any left available once I can afford to order a second one).

If you remove that D125 chip and just use an LED you will only get RGB output and no composite is that correct?

Is it quite easy to get yourself into a situation where you need to reflash the Indi II to get any output from it? (I'm still waiting for mine to be delivered so haven't had a chance to play with one yet).
Old 18 June 2013, 01:51   #2283
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Sorry I didn't want to go offtopic here and also I don't have the ejem... money to open another thread to repair it. Nope. The led works but I've got no image. It must be a chip that got fried somehow

Not sure about composite, I didn't try it after I got it working with the trick.

Edit: My only possibility would be to reflash the Indi in another Amiga and then install it again here... or a bootable/automatic reflash.

Last edited by Retrofan; 18 June 2013 at 02:04.
Old 18 June 2013, 02:16   #2284
gnujon

Did you try resoldering the Lisa chip? All the pressure required to install the Indi on these old motherboards makes me a bit nervous. Seems like it could easily open up a dry solder joint or two.
Old 18 June 2013, 02:46   #2285
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I will try, ty. I only tried the "finger press" method.

Edit: Ejem... emailing Airey...

Last edited by Retrofan; 23 June 2013 at 01:42.
Old 23 June 2013, 01:40   #2286
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I've thought that this post should be here too:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratte View Post
http://www.a1k.org/forum/showpost.ph...&postcount=760

OK, iŽll try in english.
The first core used a 800x600 output, SuperPlus fits perfectly.
SuperPlus (800x600) is currently identified as PAL-LACE mode.

If you can life with a different setting for PAL-NONLACE & PAL-LACE, then go on and read the workaround.

Step1: Allways use a BorderBlank-Tool!
Step2: Install SuperPlus-Driver & Xtreme-Driver
Step3: Setup for IndiMK2
http://www.a1k.org/forum/showthread.php?t=37826
But different from the optimized PAL/NTSC-settings:
PAL-LACE must be configured for a 800x600 output!
Than you will have fullscreen PAL-games (normaly running nonlace) and fullscreen SuperPlus (interpreted as PAL-LACE).
If you like to run your WB in a PAL-LACE equal mode, run XTREME HIRES-NONLACE (640x512) .. sideeffect nontearing mousepointer.

Its a bit work, but the results are good.

Last edited by Retrofan; 23 June 2013 at 01:49.
Old 23 June 2013, 12:41   #2287
johnim
Amibay Mod/Staff

hi retrofan have you tried this
Old 23 June 2013, 15:04   #2288
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

No, sorry. I have to buy an small detail; an A1200 motherboard (Edit: Or if someone has a DAC chip for me...)

Perhaps Fitzsteve can, as he was already using the first core, and he likes (as the wise people does) SuperPlus. Having it full screen, and games too is the best thing for an Indi.

To install it seems to take a bit of work, and use the first core. Perhaps Jens could make something to make this easier.

Last edited by Retrofan; 24 June 2013 at 12:34.
Old 24 June 2013, 17:19   #2289
gnujon

Hey Retrofan, have you tried eBay for a DAC chip? That one is an ADV101 PLCC right? I think you should be able to find those on eBay shipping from China for around $5. If you could reflash your Indi you shouldn't even need a working video DAC though right?

Is one of these what you're after?:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130931768276

Last edited by gnujon; 24 June 2013 at 17:31. Reason: Found item on eBay
Old 24 June 2013, 20:15   #2290
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

No, I need one marked as ADV101KP30, and haven't found any under 27 euros, and he wasn't sending but to Australia. Thanks.
Not so sure about the indi reflashed with a broken DAC.
Old 24 June 2013, 22:46   #2291
gnujon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
No, I need one marked as ADV101KP30, and haven't found any under 27 euros, and he wasn't sending but to Australia. Thanks.
Not so sure about the indi reflashed with a broken DAC.
That eBay item I mentioned is an ADV101KP30, and is only $5.00 (plus $4.00 shipping).
Old 24 June 2013, 22:48   #2292
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Yes, you are true. Thanks a lot. I will report if I get this working.
Old 25 June 2013, 23:36   #2293
Reido

Anyone running the new indi mk2cr on a standard Dell monitor, you know the type, 17inch LCD, square, came with all Dell desktops from 5 years ago or so (before the widescreen-type models)?

With the new core properly installed my amiga boots to classic WB 3.9 and the display is pretty much identical to that of WinUAE i.e. pixellated desktop and game screens. I've messed around with the indivision settings but can't seem to get that smooth display, am I missing out on something or is it just my monitor? I haven't added anything to ClassicWB and I am using a VGA-DVI adapter.

I must admit it's great seeing the indivision working away and it's a godsend as far as not having to use a bulky CRT tv (small house, girlfriend recently moved herself and vast quantities of crap in!), any advice greatly appreciated haven't had much time to play around but will continue to do so.

Thanks.

Just saw retrofan's forwarded post from 22nd June, will try that out...

Last edited by Reido; 26 June 2013 at 00:05.
Old 26 June 2013, 00:25   #2294
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reido View Post
I must admit it's great seeing the indivision working away and it's a godsend as far as not having to use a bulky CRT tv (small house, girlfriend recently moved herself and vast quantities of crap in!), any advice greatly appreciated haven't had much time to play around but will continue to do so.
Assuming that you're asking for advice for the flickerfixer (and not the girlfriend), I suggest to use the DVI input of your monitor - if it's *that* 17-inch model that's widely available all over Europe at roughly 40,- EUR (used), it should have a digital input. The extra money for the DVI cable is well worth it!

Try pressing the menu button (leftmost of the four), it'll display the type of monitor. The example settings I have included with the flickerfixer archive have been made on a Dell 1704FPV.

Jens
Old 26 June 2013, 10:24   #2295
Reido

Cool thanks I'll check this out and report back. No DVI input on this monitor i'm afraid.

As for the girlfriend issue, I could change the locks, hehe.......
Old 26 June 2013, 11:03   #2296
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Cool thanks I'll check this out and report back. No DVI input on this monitor i'm afraid.
If you're stuck with analogue out, then you should disable the DVI output. An open/unterminated DVI output will cause interference, depending on the DVI->VGA adapter that you have, and it consumes extra power, producing extra heat.

The default on Indivision AGA MK2 is "both on", so every customer has a picture on the first try. However, you should turn off what you don't need in order to save power and (at least for analogue) get the best-quality picture out of your unit.

Quote:
As for the girlfriend issue, I could change the locks, hehe.......
Hey, she moved in with you *despite* your Amiga hobby. She may be worth it ;-)

Jens
Old 26 June 2013, 17:24   #2297
gnujon

I just installed my Indi MK II cr into my A1200 and it worked brilliantly with my DVI monitor for the first few minutes. However now that I have left the Amiga running for a while the image seems to have too much red in it (the workbench looks pink instead of grey). I've also noticed that there now seems to be a red background showing on the splash screen when booting that I hadn't noticed before.

I'm wondering if perhaps I need to clean Lisa with some IPA or PCB cleaning spray. I'm thinking perhaps the Indi isn't reading some of the RGB bits correctly due to poor contact with Lisa. Could that be the reason? I guess I'll have to be very careful trying to remove the Indi though. Does anyone have any recommendations? How easy is it to pull off? I'm guessing not that easy if it can lift the whole mainboard ;-) As long as I pull straight up and not on an angle should I be able to remove it without damaging the pins or the motherboard?

The display is still beautifully sharp and artifact free, just very pink.

Any advice greatly appreciated.
Old 26 June 2013, 18:18   #2298
Turran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
If you're stuck with analogue out, then you should disable the DVI output. An open/unterminated DVI output will cause interference, depending on the DVI->VGA adapter that you have, and it consumes extra power, producing extra heat.
Jens
Thanks Jens! I run my Indivision 4000 through a CyberVision 64 (passthrough) and use a DVI-VGA adapter. I had these diagonal lines that I contributed to a bad adapter, but changing both PAL modes to VGA (only) fixed it. Very sharp again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnujon View Post
I guess I'll have to be very careful trying to remove the Indi though. Does anyone have any recommendations? How easy is it to pull off? I'm guessing not that easy if it can lift the whole mainboard ;-) As long as I pull straight up and not on an angle should I be able to remove it without damaging the pins or the motherboard?
A good cleaning with isopropanol can never hurt if its never been cleaned. 20 years of oxidation (?) takes it toll.

As for removing it, I've done it a few times in both the 4000 and 1200. Not a problem. I just try to lift it straight up and usually one side gives away first, with a "pop". Nothing damaged yet.
Old 26 June 2013, 18:41   #2299
gnujon

I tried reseating the Indi and then my image had a blue tint to it instead of pink ;-) So I have soaked Lisa in IPA and I'm waiting for her to dry.

Yes I guess they are all very old machines now. Actually I'm surprised how good my A1200 mainboard looks though. (It's my original A1200 that's been in storage for years and I'd never even removed the shielding before). All the electrolytic caps look fine and even the lithium button battery in the expansion board still has some charge left! (the real time clock has actually still been keeping time all these years).
Old 26 June 2013, 18:48   #2300
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
@gnujon

If you have a soft tooth brush you could also clean the pins around Lisa too
AdSense AdSense