English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 14 October 2010, 23:29   #21
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

More likely the cracker has only seen that one format so rather than call it something generic like Psygnosis format they chose to name it based on the game.

For your info, many games can also be cracked with a couple of bytes changed in the WWP file then written back successfully retaining their custom format but without the copylock. Tonnes of the Ocean format games etc. But I guess these should not be included in the list.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 14 October 2010, 23:58   #22
MethodGit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codetapper View Post
For your info, many games can also be cracked with a couple of bytes changed in the WWP file then written back successfully retaining their custom format but without the copylock. Tonnes of the Ocean format games etc. But I guess these should not be included in the list.
Now you've got me buzzing. Now the only question to ask is.... can the same original bytes in an ADF be found in a WWP? If it's anything as easy as the stuff in the Amiga Patch List then I may have another reason to explorer certain games again. Being able to defeat the RN copylock with just a few byte changes would be beyond awesome.
Old 15 October 2010, 13:02   #23
Codetapper

Short answer is yes. All custom formats are effectively just the useful data on the disk, so if the original game had a sequence of bytes in it, they will be in the WWP file aswell and thus the patch would work.
Old 15 October 2010, 20:31   #24
MethodGit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabie View Post
for a real amiga you need a high density drive like the chinon FZ357A
on winuae you can make the simulation ...select High Density drive and insert custom High density disk...and format the disk before using wwarp to write to disk
Must add that I just tried this with "Turrican (Europe).ipf", and it appeared to be going swell....... but then at track 27 it gave me the dreaded "$error sync must be set" message. And this was after applying F to the WWP file.
Old 15 October 2010, 20:45   #25
Fabie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodGit View Post
Must add that I just tried this with "Turrican (Europe).ipf", and it appeared to be going swell....... but then at track 27 it gave me the dreaded "$error sync must be set" message. And this was after applying F to the WWP file.
turrican 1 not works
try turrican 2 & 3
Old 15 October 2010, 23:59   #26
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Turrican has a separate protection track if I recall correctly, Turrican 2 and 3 do not.
Old 16 October 2010, 00:53   #27
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
if you haven't tested the games..... delete from the list
I don't know why you have include them
you are causing confusion

btw,

if a moderator can delete this thread.....and make a new thread with a bit of order...means a serious thread----because ppl posted lot of games which do not works with wwarp or works in illusion of the user
that is causing confusion to the ppl which read this thread

thanks in advance
There is some games you can't write back because you don't have the knowledge nor the hability to use the tools we have available (and use DD disks not HD !)

Your illusions and your unability. this does not means it affects others.

I did more wwarp and mfm and disk format identification in a year than anyone else

I even get some help from codetapper or wepl, or wayne kerr with disk formats.

I have in powercopy some disk format file not available on the net too.

Ghost'n'goblins use the standard sync $4489 from track 0 to track 65. So what ? your disk are maybe rubbish, it works here anyway....

Last edited by dlfrsilver; 16 October 2010 at 01:08.
Old 16 October 2010, 05:52   #28
Fabie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
There is some games you can't write back because you don't have the knowledge nor the hability to use the tools we have available (and use DD disks not HD !)

Your illusions and your unability. this does not means it affects others.

I did more wwarp and mfm and disk format identification in a year than anyone else

I even get some help from codetapper or wepl, or wayne kerr with disk formats.

I have in powercopy some disk format file not available on the net too.

Ghost'n'goblins use the standard sync $4489 from track 0 to track 65. So what ? your disk are maybe rubbish, it works here anyway....

if you can affirm that ghost'n goblins works you can upload the wwarp file to the zone (the wwp file prepared and ready to write the floppy) then people can see if you are right or you are lying
Old 16 October 2010, 12:06   #29
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
if you can affirm that ghost'n goblins works you can upload the wwarp file to the zone (the wwp file prepared and ready to write the floppy) then people can see if you are right or you are lying
Easy there fella, Denis may be some things, but he's not a deliberate liar, perhaps you should measure your tone a little bit, you're an awfully confrontational chap in this thread.
Old 17 October 2010, 02:10   #30
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Even easier than that, in order to bring on EAB the full and complete release of Ghost 'n' Goblins, because the one we had already in IPF format was not complete and even missing elements, the SPS guys have checked my extended ADF against the IPF release they did, to discover that my version has the 6 levels and works with 1 mb giving FX + music, while with 512kb you have just the FX.

If you want some proofs, just PM here Boo Boo or Prowler, they will tell you what i did with powercopy.....

And again about Ghost'n'goblins, i did a backup finger in the noose on a fresh floppy disk that even run on my A1200.

So what ?
Old 17 October 2010, 02:54   #31
Codetapper

Back to the thread - a lot of Elite games can be written back to disk. Mike Read's pop quiz, Mighty Bombjack, Grand National etc. Anything identified as "Elite" by WWP should work fine as they don't have protection checks other than the custom disk format itself.
Old 24 October 2010, 03:21   #32
Retro1234

I dont know about WWarp ill check it out - It doesnt seem to like my HD disks and I think my Drive is on its way out.
Why cant PowerCopy backup PDOS Disks?

Anyways with PowerCopy thanks to dlfrsilver
I have written back the following working

Agony
Apprentice
Beyond Dark Castle
Cross Check
Ghosts 'N Goblins
Colditz
Final Fight
Great Giana Sisters
Ork
Puffy Saga
Rainbow Islands - Only one particluar IPF Version,Couldnt create eADF, not sure Copy Pro
Smash Tv
SuperCars 2
Twin World
Wings Of Death
Zoom
Back to the future III - US version Manual protection

Also

New Zealand Story - After LockPick Patch
Lemmings - After LockPick Patch
Mercs - Patch dlfrsilver

and then other
Gods - Amiga Patch List