English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 16 July 2002, 01:10   #1
Unregistered

workbench 3.1 + picasso + some games that dont display

I am running picasso 96 with workbench 3.1 and some games do not display.
these games are tiny troops, pinball prelude and slam tilit. I get music but no graphics, workbench is all I see. Anybody know how to fix this problem?

AdSense AdSense  
Old 16 July 2002, 02:20   #2
AdamSelene

I had the same sort of problem with SlamTilt, and solved some of it by checking the "Immediate Blits" option on the Chipset selection screen of WinUAE. See if that helps...

Old 17 July 2002, 00:28   #3
Unregistered

tried the blits

Will try and see if slam tilit works but tiny troops fury of the furries and pinball prelude still wont work..
anybody had any games in workbench not display but load the music?

Old 17 July 2002, 23:42   #4
Unregistered

picasso screwing things up

It seems to be picasso, by setting the cpu to something other than 68020 or 040 I can have picasso not load. Slam tilit works fine as do the others. Is this a picasso bug? are there any updated picasso drivers?

Old 21 July 2002, 01:23   #5
Unregistered

Re: workbench 3.1 + picasso + some games that dont display

Quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
I am running picasso 96 with workbench 3.1 and some games do not display.
these games are tiny troops, pinball prelude and slam tilit. I get music but no graphics, workbench is all I see. Anybody know how to fix this problem?

You can try to switch to normal PAL screen before starting your game. Then you can normally start your game and the screen will be displayed. The problem is that most games attempt direct to hardware instead of opening new PAL-screen over the operating system so that your picasso-screen keeps in front.

AdSense AdSense