English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 20 August 2010, 17:46   #1
gibb3h

WINUAE problems with RTG

Hi there!
I've just started playing with WINUAE again after a long absence and i've run into a couple of problems.

I have installed workbench 3.1 on my drive and setup picasso96 to enable RTG settings in workbench. I can successfully change my screen settings to use uaegfx at the desired resolution, but from there I have found 2 issues I can't seem to fix

1. I can only use RTG when I have the 'null' filter enabled, using HQx or Sai results in the mouse being miniturised, as if the screen is actually a lot smaller than it really is (the mouse will only move within a small area as well)

2. when I try to run a game (Dreamweb) from the harddrive, I can hear the sound, but the display is stuck on the workbench screen.

I'm sure I'm just being stupid, can anyone help me out?

cheers,
Gib

AdSense AdSense  
Old 20 August 2010, 18:23   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
1. I can only use RTG when I have the 'null' filter enabled, using HQx or Sai results in the mouse being miniturised, as if the screen is actually a lot smaller than it really is (the mouse will only move within a small area as well)
This is a bug. RTG should ignore filter settings. (will be fixed in next beta)

Quote:
2. when I try to run a game (Dreamweb) from the harddrive, I can hear the sound, but the display is stuck on the workbench screen.
This is not emulation problem, many games do not reset display mode before opening their own custom native mode screen. Switch modes manually, create a script or use whdload
Old 20 August 2010, 20:10   #3
gibb3h

ah ha, I see!

well, I'll live without RTG for now then and give gamebase a go

thanks for the help

Gib

AdSense AdSense