English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 29 July 2010, 02:35   #1
Aleph Five

A-Explorer ADF Transfer Error

Hi, I've been using Amiga Explorer for a while now to transfer adf files to FD without any problems, then suddenly the other day I began receiving the error "Error validating disk, Key 880 checksum error" every time a transfer was almost complete. I tried using a different amiga, another copy of WB, another null modem cable, even formatted my PC, and now I'm out of ideas I'm hoping someone here has seen this problem before and knows how to fix it, thanks in advance for any help!
AdSense AdSense  
Old 29 July 2010, 08:08   #2
thomas

The message is normal for Non-DOS disks, but it should appear only after the transfer has completed.

If it appears for AmigaDOS disks, perhaps you transferred a virus-infected disk the other day and now your Workbench and other disks are infected, too. Do all your Workbench disks have the write-protect switch on? If not, then as soon as you put one into the drive, it will be infected, too.
AdSense AdSense