English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 10 July 2002, 17:25   #1
Korodny
Zone Friend

Artists needed for Freeware game "MyLocomotion"

I uploaded "MyLocomotion" to the zone. It's a (surprise, surprise) Locomotion clone that works with graphic cards. You shouldn't bother downloading it if you don't have an accellerated Amiga and a gfx board.

Work is still in progress, currently it uses the samples, levels and graphics of the original version. The drawback is that the playfield is always 320*256 pixels, no matter what screen resolution you choose.

Is somebody interested in doing some gfx for the game? The author needs both alternative gfx sets (he would violate Kingsoft's copyright if he distributed the game in its current form) and gfx-sets for higher screen resolutions. Have a look at the "ILBM" drawer, it should be quite obvious how to do gfx sets for the game.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 10 July 2002, 18:20   #2
Drake1009

Would be nice to see that conversion. Alas I don't have an accelerated Amiga. And for some reason I dropped working on my Java version of locomotion.
Old 10 July 2002, 22:57   #3
Akira

I might give it a go, I'm on a pixelling roll lemme check it first... in the WinUEFA lameulator Can't it work on productivity?
Old 10 July 2002, 23:31   #4
Korodny
Zone Friend

@Drake1009

Quote:
Would be nice to see that conversion.
It's pretty much finished, only the leveleditor and the train graphics are missing.

@Akira

Quote:
I might give it a go, I'm on a pixelling roll
Cool, I'm looking forward to play "Manga-Locomotion"

Quote:
lemme check it first... in the WinUEFA lameulator Can't it work on productivity?
Sorry, my fault. It's RTG complaint, that means it will work in *any* screenmode you throw at it - even PAL:Lores (that's what the current graphics are designed for). Heck, you could even use NTSC:Lores and scroll the playfield up/down while playing . The fact that it works this way has one drawback of course: It can't use any chipset features (sprites/bobs in this case) - all moving graphics must be blitted into the GFX mem by the CPU. I guess Productivity would be way to slow (resulting in pretty "epileptic" movements of the trains) - but I can't test it as I don't have an adaptor for my Amiga's RGB port anymore. You'd probably get better results using PAL:Lores.
Old 10 July 2002, 23:35   #5
Korodny
Zone Friend

Forgot to mention that it's German only atm. Just select "Einstellungen/Bildschirm" from the menu to select your desired screenmode.
Old 10 July 2002, 23:55   #6
Drake1009

Problem is that I only have a base A1200 to work with. No graphics card of any kind.
Old 11 July 2002, 04:38   #7
Akira

Alright then!

I dont have a 1084 so Im better using Productivity Lores,

I'll check it out and I'll see what I come up with! Do not be surprised to see, instead of mangaLocomotion, wip3outomotion
AdSense AdSense