English Amiga Board Amiga Lore


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene > Member Introductions

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 13 June 2010, 22:50   #1
peter taft
Registered User
peter taft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nottinghamshire / U.K
Age: 58
Posts: 10
Smile Hi Guys and Gals

I stumbled on this forum and must say HELLO to you all. I'm Pete - 51 and a long time fanatic on the Amiga's. Although sadly i don't own one at the moment, it's really great to see you guys {and gals} are still flying the flag for what are in my eyes still GREAT computers. I was searching for ROMS and this is how i found your forum. I got a great BUZZ when i got the emulator and some of the classic games. I hope to be able to give input here in some way or other. There you go, that's a l o n g H e l l o {bet you've fell to sleep now }
peter taft is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
Old 13 June 2010, 22:51   #2
Graham Humphrey
Moderator
Graham Humphrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Norwich, Norfolk, UK
Age: 30
Posts: 10,932
Welcome Peter! And now you've found us, you will not be able to leave
Graham Humphrey is offline  
Old 13 June 2010, 22:51   #3
prowler
Global Moderator

prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sidcup, England
Posts: 10,203
Hi Peter, and welcome to EAB!

Did you find the ROMs you were looking for, or are you still searching?
prowler is offline  
Old 13 June 2010, 22:55   #4
TCD
Global Moderator

TCD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 39
Posts: 24,032
Hi Peter and welcome to EAB!

Also hope you got your ROMs Enjoy your stay
TCD is offline  
Old 13 June 2010, 22:56   #5
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits
cosmicfrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: leek, Staffs, UK
Age: 50
Posts: 3,555
Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
welcome ribbits, theres lots to do and ribbit about round here
cosmicfrog is offline  
Old 13 June 2010, 23:40   #6
peter taft
Registered User
peter taft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nottinghamshire / U.K
Age: 58
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey View Post
Welcome Peter! And now you've found us, you will not be able to leave
Thanks... i am sure you are right

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
Hi Peter, and welcome to EAB!

Did you find the ROMs you were looking for, or are you still searching?
And thank you also... Got quite a lot of the ones i wanted, but still trying to track down actual program roms i.e Deluxe Paint III etc etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Hi Peter and welcome to EAB!

Also hope you got your ROMs Enjoy your stay
Thanks, i'm sure i will

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicfrog View Post
welcome ribbits, theres lots to do and ribbit about round here
and another thank you to you too.... i usually find things to talk about - and usually bore the wife to tears... i am sure she would like to at times



Well... today is an unusually GOOD day, infact that's an understatement....
1 - One of my Girls made me a GRANDDAD this afternoon A wee baby Girl, weighing in at 8lb 8oz I am sooooooooooooooo happy
2 - I found you guys and gals
3 - The McLarens gave me a 1 - 2 finish at Montreal
How much better could MY day have been {perhaps a win on the lottery would have been cooool } there you go... i am babbling on already, so feel free to Thanks again for the nice welcome.
peter taft is offline  
Old 13 June 2010, 23:50   #7
TCD
Global Moderator

TCD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 39
Posts: 24,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter taft View Post
And thank you also... Got quite a lot of the ones i wanted, but still trying to track down actual program roms i.e Deluxe Paint III etc etc
May I introduce you to our file server then. Just have a look in the folder 'TOSEC/Applications/[ADF]'
TCD is offline  
Old 13 June 2010, 23:54   #8
peter taft
Registered User
peter taft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nottinghamshire / U.K
Age: 58
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
May I introduce you to our file server then. Just have a look in the folder 'TOSEC/Applications/[ADF]'
I will do that now... Cheers

Found Deluxe Paint III and sooooooooooo much more it will take many enjoyable hours searching through... Thank you so much Not been here above a few hours and must say that
E.A.B ROCKS !!!

all hail you guys me VERY impressed

Last edited by peter taft; 14 June 2010 at 00:22.
peter taft is offline  
Old 13 June 2010, 23:55   #9
prowler
Global Moderator

prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sidcup, England
Posts: 10,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
May I introduce you to our file server then. Just have a look in the folder 'TOSEC/Applications/[ADF]'
Somehow, I expected that!
prowler is offline  
Old 13 June 2010, 23:57   #10
TCD
Global Moderator

TCD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 39
Posts: 24,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
Somehow, I expected that!
RCK should add the link to the thread in the welcome email
TCD is offline  
Old 14 June 2010, 04:06   #11
Muzkat
Into the Wonderful
Muzkat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Earthrealm
Age: 36
Posts: 1,279
Hello and welcome.

Don't say "roms" around Akira - he'll eat you alive.
Muzkat is offline  
Old 14 June 2010, 07:28   #12
BippyM
Global Moderator

BippyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Nottingham, UK
Age: 42
Posts: 8,549
Hi Pete,

It's great to see another member from the East Mids here (I'm from Derby, but currently reside in Notts)

Welcome aboard anyway, stay a while, hell stay forever and don't be afraid to ask for any help etc.. Just makesure you read the forum rules as we don't want any mishaps
BippyM is online now  
Old 14 June 2010, 17:15   #13
ck1200
CBM & Retro Mad
ck1200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Wales/Wirral Uk
Age: 35
Posts: 611
Send a message via MSN to ck1200 Send a message via Yahoo to ck1200
Welcome to the forum and glad you are enjoying the emulation side of thing's, any plans to buy an amiga in the future?
ck1200 is offline  
Old 14 June 2010, 17:37   #14
peter taft
Registered User
peter taft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nottinghamshire / U.K
Age: 58
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym View Post
Hi Pete,

It's great to see another member from the East Mids here (I'm from Derby, but currently reside in Notts)

Welcome aboard anyway, stay a while, hell stay forever and don't be afraid to ask for any help etc.. Just makesure you read the forum rules as we don't want any mishaps
Thank you... I most certainly intend to be with you long into the future - Now i have found your place - i am in a dream world at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzkat View Post
Hello and welcome.

Don't say "roms" around Akira - he'll eat you alive.
Umm... do i take it he's not happy that roms exist ? Mind you, original disks and machines are WAY COOL.. but i have to go with what i have got..dare i say P.C, i too used to shudder at the thought of these.. infact i often laughed at guys who had P.C's, told them to but times moved on, and i had to start building them in the very early days, P.C's certainly lagged behind our beloved Amigas .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck1200 View Post
Welcome to the forum and glad you are enjoying the emulation side of thing's, any plans to buy an amiga in the future?
Thanks. All my cash goes into my car and NOW a GRAND CHILD but... i know where there are one or two machines... just need a little bit of cash and some grovelling, so who knows, quite possibly get one
peter taft is offline  
Old 14 June 2010, 17:46   #15
TCD
Global Moderator

TCD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 39
Posts: 24,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter taft View Post
Umm... do i take it he's not happy that roms exist ? Mind you, original disks and machines are WAY COOL.. but i have to go with what i have got..dare i say P.C, i too used to shudder at the thought of these.. infact i often laughed at guys who had P.C's, told them to but times moved on, and i had to start building them in the very early days, P.C's certainly lagged behind our beloved Amigas .
They aren't ROMs, they are disk images Call them ADFs or just disks, but never ROMs
TCD is offline  
Old 14 June 2010, 18:03   #16
DH
Global Moderator

DH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: UK
Age: 50
Posts: 3,824
Welcome Peter, I can't say anymore than what's already been said Enjoy your stay, now that you have found us
DH is offline  
Old 14 June 2010, 18:05   #17
ck1200
CBM & Retro Mad
ck1200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Wales/Wirral Uk
Age: 35
Posts: 611
Send a message via MSN to ck1200 Send a message via Yahoo to ck1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter taft View Post

Thanks. All my cash goes into my car and NOW a GRAND CHILD but... i know where there are one or two machines... just need a little bit of cash and some grovelling, so who knows, quite possibly get one

Ahhh yes my apologies meant to say congratulations there!!!

and i do dabble in the emulation side and have my main Amiga system replicated through win uae, but i've had my main 1200 a fair few years and have just kind of added to it since the initial 25.00 lay out lol :/ ....need to do more with the old c64 though it sees little use due to the lack of software on disk i can source
ck1200 is offline  
Old 15 June 2010, 07:47   #18
Hewitson
Registered User
Hewitson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Age: 34
Posts: 2,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzkat View Post
Don't say "roms" around Akira - he'll eat you alive.
So he should. Everyone knows the Amiga uses disks rather than cartridges.

Why people call them "roms" is beyond me.
Hewitson is offline  
Old 15 June 2010, 09:35   #19
TCD
Global Moderator

TCD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 39
Posts: 24,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitson View Post
Why people call them "roms" is beyond me.
Because the 'OMFG! ROMZORZ!' sites use that term. Have a look here for example : http://www.freeroms.com/amiga.htm
Of course it doesn't make any sense.
TCD is offline  
Old 15 June 2010, 09:45   #20
slk486
Registered Looser
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Denmark
Posts: 336
Welcome peter. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay as much as us other newbies

Won't be long till you simply have to own a real Amiga again
slk486 is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for Supradrive XP A500 GALs` contents A500Man support.Hardware 2 20 December 2012 10:50
Hi Guys ! bbsteal Member Introductions 3 06 June 2011 04:02
Wanted GALs from the Picasso II Cosmos request.Other 7 21 February 2011 19:00
Needed: jedecs for GALs in original Aussie Phoenix board Kristian95 support.Hardware 3 20 June 2008 17:44
cheers guys and gals yadster Amiga scene 18 04 August 2003 23:57

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 18:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Page generated in 0.27764 seconds with 11 queries