English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 17 May 2010, 19:39   #61
Dastardly
Into the Wonderful

Quote:
Originally Posted by killergorilla View Post

Second mistake: You spelt infowlable wrong.
Eat a fat one, "Killer Gorilla". If that IS your real name.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 17 May 2010, 19:47   #62
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Okay, sorry folks - I've edited out the terrible things I said earlier!
Old 17 May 2010, 19:51   #63
Dastardly
Into the Wonderful

It was understandable
Old 17 May 2010, 19:57   #64
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

One day, over a slice of hot chocolate fudge cake we are all going to look back at this moment and realise that at the time, it didn't matter who we were, where we'd come from, or why we even knew the things we knew. All that mattered was that it was the time to make sure it was done right, and we could all progress knowing that everything was ok, at least for the time being.
Old 17 May 2010, 19:58   #65
Marcuz
Wurk???

The notion that this board is a community, or that it ever was, or that any internet board could be it, is laughable.

The idea that there are real standards applied, in moderation or in contribution, both, is wrong.

The fights childish and sad.

hey! my first comment about the board in about six months! cool.
Old 17 May 2010, 19:58   #66
Heavy Stylus
CD32 Fanboi

I can't help but feel partly responsible for all of this.

Basically, after posting my AlienBash thread and accepting a kind offer from Galahad to make a collection of Glen Cumming's source disks I received scores of PM's from people saying stuff along the lines of "Oh no! Galahad might lose the disks!". I'm not going to name who these people are, but it was certainly not just Cody who was worried by this.

Unfortunately, and mainly because I was annoyed that my inbox was becoming so full of near identical messages, I started replying to people that if they are worried about Galahad losing the disks, they should mention it to him either in the thread or by PM, and not to me.

Cody did what I advised, and look what happened.

Now I'm a neutral player in all of this (I've the utmost respect for Galahad and the work he has done in the past - and losing a irreplaceable game? Well, that sucks, but he is only human - we all make mistakes). However, what I am trying to say here is that Cody shouldn't be blamed for this; he voiced what *many* other people were thinking (and mailing me about)...

So please, lets calm this down now. I appreciate that people are still annoyed about the game that Galahad lost, but like I said, everyone makes mistakes. It's a shame that people remember that more than all the good things he did.

Perhaps everyone should get this in perspective - I'm pretty sure that Galahad will return after he has cooled off. But please, lets just forget about that one mistake in the past, yeah?
Old 17 May 2010, 20:03   #67
Dastardly
Into the Wonderful

Quote:
Originally Posted by killergorilla View Post
One day, over a slice of hot chocolate fudge cake we are all going to look back at this moment and realise that at the time, it didn't matter who we were, where we'd come from, or why we even knew the things we knew. All that mattered was that it was the time to make sure it was done right, and we could all progress knowing that everything was ok, at least for the time being.
Old 17 May 2010, 20:04   #68
TCD

@Heavy Stylus
/me grabs the forks and torches
Now we know who we shall hunt!
No really, thanks for mentioning this and I think we got the thread off the 'angry mob' road anyway.
Old 17 May 2010, 20:09   #69
Heavy Stylus
CD32 Fanboi

I should also mention that I hardly know anyone here (look at my post count compared to the others), so I felt really uncomfortable with the whole situation that my thread raised :/
Old 17 May 2010, 20:13   #70
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Stylus View Post
I should also mention that I hardly know anyone here (look at my post count compared to the others), so I felt really uncomfortable with the whole situation that my thread raised :/
Don't feel bad about it. The good aspects of your thread will soon far outweigh the bad, if they don't already!
Old 17 May 2010, 20:19   #71
Paul_s
needs more ice cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Stylus View Post
I can't help but feel partly responsible for all of this.
Let's burn him on the stake! (optional marshmallows always optional )
Old 17 May 2010, 20:21   #72
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_s View Post
Let's burn him on the stake! (optional marshmallows always optional )
I've got a better idea: Let's just toast our (mandatory) marshmallows instead!
Old 17 May 2010, 20:22   #73
TCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_s View Post
(optional marshmallows always optional )
Yay! Sorry Heavy, but I can't resist the opportunity to have marshmallows you see
Old 17 May 2010, 20:33   #74
Akira

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyJarrett View Post
Okay, sorry folks - I've edited out the terrible things I said earlier!
I can only wonder what foul things you said to me. I wouldn't be surprised at anything you might have said, though, but a real man is responsible for what he says and in real life has no opportunity to "edit posts".
Someone said it was worth a ban, but I know you will remain untouchable like you did many, many years ago, unfortunately.

Galahad will come back here some day, I am pretty sure he was away for a while before. After he cools down he realizes the very few morons of the board are not worth leaving everything that is wonderful about EAB (the only reason I returned after such a long hiatus)
Old 17 May 2010, 20:34   #75
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
beer, beer don`t forget the beer
Old 17 May 2010, 20:37   #76
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
I wouldn't be surprised at anything you might have said, though, but a real man is responsible for what he says and in real life has no opportunity to "edit posts".
Ahem...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	modifyingpost.png
Views:	349
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	25334  
Old 17 May 2010, 20:41   #77
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Right then........

After a period of reflection, and i've had plenty of time to think about it since 9:17 this morning until 16:41 this afternoon when I finally got to get into Court and have my case postponed within 10 minutes and told to come back in a month!!!!

I'm not going anywhere, i've been here 9 years!

Whilst a couple of you might well be thinking that Galahad is 'throwing his toys out the pram', which of course you are entirely entitled to think, PM's with CodyJarrett do not dissuade me from my first impressions of his post in 'that' thread.

Lets get some things straight about Damonenburg/Demoncastle:

It was NOT the full game, it was a demo of the game with only a few levels.

I DID lose it and the disks I was working from to release it.

I was sorry at the time of me losing it, and am still sorry about it now, and CodyJarretts post I felt was an unecessary dig at me, something that occurred SIX YEARS AGO!

Whether or not Cody was influenced by Heavy Stylus or not to go public with his concerns (or anyone elses), Cody should know better than that, should have exercised some diplomacy and tact, if anyone can locate it for me in that post of his, well you're a better man than me.

Subsequent PM's from Cody have only further reinforced Codys apathy toward diplomacy and tact, something a GLOBAL MODERATOR really should have mastered by now.

I'm not quite sure how me losing ONE disk of a VERY unremarkable demo of a game is possible to compare with a hard drive and two boxes of disks.

I do appreciate some of you voicing your concerns and siding with me, but i'm really not interested in this turning into a 'lets hate on Cody' time.

My beef is with Adrian, if you have a similar problem with anyone, you would be wise to take it up with them personally, or if you feel you will not be listened to, take it up with another moderator, but I certainly don't want this thread to degenerate into a hate fest against someone else, all under the auspices of defending me.

The subject of the PM's between me and Cody are between me and Cody, and i'm sure within time, things will be rectified..... or they won't.

I must also take the time to thank those that gave their time to write some nice things about me.

I'm still humbled that anyone remotely gives a shit about anything I do or have done in the past, and I really do appreciate it.

And the final thanks i'll give to KillerGorilla........You are quite possibly one of the funniest blokes on this board, and after a pretty crappy day, managed to make me laugh out loud
Old 17 May 2010, 20:42   #78
Akira

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyJarrett View Post
Ahem...
Yup, I added stuf, never delete a thing.
INstead of posting irrelevant shit like that you might as well tell me what you said to me.
Old 17 May 2010, 20:44   #79
Akira

Welcome back Galahad
Old 17 May 2010, 20:46   #80
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
I'm not going anywhere, i've been here 9 years!
AdSense AdSense