English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 17 May 2010, 09:56   #21
Hewitson

Galahad, I've recently discovered I wasn't as good as judge of character as I thought, either. I won't go into details, but people aren't always who you thought they were. It happens.

You are without any doubt one of the most respected and valuable members on EAB, not to mention one of the best and most professional crackers to ever grace the Amiga. It would be a real shame to lose you because of some disrespectful fool.

All the best.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 17 May 2010, 10:07   #22
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitson View Post
Galahad, I've recently discovered I wasn't as good as judge of character as I thought, either. I won't go into details, but people aren't always who you thought they were. It happens.
You've hit the nail on the head. I'm scum.
Old 17 May 2010, 10:07   #23
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteb View Post
Please reconsider your decision, or at least return in the future. You are a valued part of the community. Please do not let one retard ruin it for the rest of us (And i challenge that RETARD to publicly tell us it was HIM who made you decide this, Well, i bet that will not happen, COWARD !).
Yes, I am a retard and a coward.
Old 17 May 2010, 10:17   #24
whiteb
Fanatically Amiga.

I know, lets get RCK to remove CJ's Global moderator status because of a MISTAKE, and on that day, EVERY year, the MISTAKE is posted for ALL to see.

Now, I am sure Galahad is HUMAN, and as such, is able to make MISTAKES. I am sure he did not do it DELIBERATELY.

I do not know the full details, perhaps he had a LONG day at work, and made the Mistake. I am sure he has punished himself enough to be constantly reminded of the MISTAKE, so, what would have been good is to MOVE on.

CJ, I am sure you have made mistakes in your life, that you would PREFER to forget about, how would you feel if someone kept rubbing it in ?

Okay so what was said might have not been the right words, or failed to use a Smiley ( ), but lets try to focus on making him welcome, he IS a valued member of this community.
Old 17 May 2010, 10:19   #25
Hewitson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyJarrett View Post
You've hit the nail on the head. I'm scum.
I wouldn't go that far. You made a joke in bad taste, something I'm guilty of doing on quite a regular basis if I'm perfectly honest!
Old 17 May 2010, 10:33   #26
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
shocked, hard drive failer, non recovable alert

Old 17 May 2010, 10:40   #27
TCD

Not sure, but maybe it would be an idea to not fuel the fire? Really opt for the two getting this sorted via PM or just wishing Galahad all the best. No need for any further bad blood as a side effect...
Old 17 May 2010, 10:53   #28
Retro1234

I enjoy your posts - You should stick around
Old 17 May 2010, 11:13   #29
Graham Humphrey
Global Moderator

It looked pretty obvious to me that it was a tongue-in-cheek remark - maybe ill-advised but certainly nothing that justifies this sort of drama.
Old 17 May 2010, 11:18   #30
Paul_s
needs more ice cream

All this over a game demo?! Sure, I could understand if it were Putty Squad but come on....
Old 17 May 2010, 11:23   #31
seuden
uber cool demi god

You've been involved in the Amiga community too long Galahad to let one post make you quit EAB. I could understand why CodyJarrett would make that post as you've made it clear you did make the mistake and this stuff that needs to be saved is rare but it wouldn't make me quit especially if my input outweighed my mistakes.
Old 17 May 2010, 11:36   #32
Allen1

@Galahad/FLT,

I really do hope you can get past this incident and reconsider staying on board, there are some great folk here on EAB and I would have to say that you are amongst the best of them. Losing a floppy disk of a demo is probably the least of the stupid things that I have done over the years that could make me cringe, shit happens, if we could turn back the clock we would sometimes........

At the end of the day, it happened, the time for fretting about it was then, now is the time to look back at our minor cock-ups and have a laugh about them rather than to feel guilty or to made to feel guilty intentionally or otherwise

@Cody,

I haven't read the actual remark that led up to this situation so I don't know how it was meant to be interpreted, ie seriously or tongue in cheek, but it has been taken seriously which is not a good thing to say the least. Couldn't you and Galahad/FLT sort this out, as I mention above losing a floppy disk of a demo or its contents is nothing to get worked up about after so long, there is enough stuff to contend with day to day without dwelling on previous problems from years gone by, in a perfect world.............
Old 17 May 2010, 11:40   #33
TCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen1 View Post
I haven't read the actual remark that led up to this situation so I don't know how it was meant to be interpreted, ie seriously or tongue in cheek, but it has been taken seriously which is not a good thing to say the least.
http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=669555&postcount=13
Just for those who wonder what this is all about.
Old 17 May 2010, 13:00   #34
Allen1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=669555&postcount=13
Just for those who wonder what this is all about.
Thanks TCD for the link to the comments, I can see how Galahad/FLT could take offence at what was written and really there was no need for Cody to mention that previous mishap.

What all concerned should be thinking is that if anyone is going to send "irreplaceable Amiga material" then why the hell didn't they back it up before sending? or surely the author of the material has a master copy set aside, or was it not that important to them to back up in the first place. I am aware that some people send duff disks to see if things can be retrieved and may not have been able to copy them due to corruption etc, if that is the case then what has been lost.... nothing!

It is time to take a reality check about now, a demo is a fun project and not a life saving event so it can hardly be classed as anything else, calling it "irreplaceable Amiga material" or anything else does not mean it was essential to life or the meaning thereof. If this was included on a cover disk for example then how many of us have reformatted those disks and re used them OH the shame of it all

Somewhere out there, someone has probably got copies of everything previously thought to be lost and don't even know it or are bothered what's on them, its rewarding to be able to restore information but realistically there was also a load of crap produced back in the day too so maybe we have been saved from suffering just another clone of a clone of a clone etc.

Come on you two, its a case of you win some and you lose some, I am sure that there are more important things in life to be concerned over than a floppy disk from years ago
Old 17 May 2010, 13:52   #35
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Yeah. I have no real comment on this matter, only this: there is always the possibility to just ignore the people you don't like - why run away completely from people who you can consider friends and who respect you?
Old 17 May 2010, 14:10   #36
Bronko
Remember: Shoot or die!

Send a message via ICQ to Bronko
What? If I left every place where there is at least one person, I don't like, I had to stay at home all day...

...without internet.

But if you stick to that decision.... farewell.
Old 17 May 2010, 14:16   #37
Muzkat
Into the Wonderful

Galahad, I can appreciate how an off remark can hit a sore nerve, but please, this forum would be at a great loss if it indeed lost you. Like me, you've been here for a very long time, but unlike me, your posts have always been informative and thoughtful!

I hope you and CJ can work out your differences. Please stick around.
Old 17 May 2010, 15:06   #38
skateblind
Village Idiot

^ I concur with what Shang-Tsung posted.
Old 17 May 2010, 15:13   #39
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
What all concerned should be thinking is that if anyone is going to send "irreplaceable Amiga material" then why the hell didn't they back it up before sending? or surely the author of the material has a master copy set aside, or was it not that important to them to back up in the first place.
Because the game was copy protected and they didn't know how to create a backup.

Quote:
It is time to take a reality check about now, a demo is a fun project and not a life saving event so it can hardly be classed as anything else, calling it "irreplaceable Amiga material" or anything else does not mean it was essential to life or the meaning thereof.
It was an unreleased game and not a demo.
Old 17 May 2010, 15:19   #40
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
to be human is to error, no 2 ways about it we all make mistakes
AdSense AdSense