English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 07 May 2010, 18:14   #61
Allen1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamcast270mhz View Post
i have quit the Amibay site for good, I hope others do the same. Zetr0 was one of the first to welcome me there and was always there to answer my nonsense questions so I stand by him. F*ck Amibay, we have EAB and A.org
I have just read the threads about this over at Amibay and I am truly disgusted at the way this has been done, I know that this isn't supposed to be a slagging match but Zetr0 is a big part of this community and deserves to be treated a hell of a lot better than that. What I am amazed about is how people will change their views when a carrot is dangled in front of them as in :-

http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=6203

I am sorry to see you have left Amibay, I will probably be banned for my post but if not, I will see how things go, you missed out good old Fleabay as an alternative if the need to buy or sell can't be met here

@ Zetr0

M8 I am sad for you to have to go through this, at the end of it all though the 4 stooges have robbed themselves of a great asset and that is you, I thought I had seen the last of secretive conversations and backstabbing a few years ago, it just goes to show, the people you thought as friends are not always what you think. Rise above it, you are so much better than them
AdSense AdSense  
Old 07 May 2010, 18:58   #62
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

Of all my regrets and sadness at the state of affairs - my deepest sadness is for those members whom have supported AmiBay, only to be ignored and humilated =(

I really dont want to attack amibay, its not the communities fault theres a wonderful wealth of members there I am deeply proud to be one of them.
Old 07 May 2010, 21:45   #63
davideo
Amiga Tomcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetr0 View Post
... theres a wonderful wealth of members there I am deeply proud to be one of them.

Dave G
Old 07 May 2010, 23:27   #64
DonAmiga

@Zetr0
theres a wonderful wealth of members there I am deeply proud to be one of them.

+1
Old 07 May 2010, 23:34   #65
gulliver
BoingBagged

I hate back stabbers, no matter how they justify their acts. I am lucky those Amibay Mods are not my friends

BTW, I posted that comment at Amibay too. http://www.amibay.com/showpost.php?p=66173&postcount=18

@Zetr0
I hope you recover from this disgusting incident.
Amibay Constitution my ass!!! Democracy, or the simulated attempt of it, in the hands of violents is a joke
Old 08 May 2010, 07:26   #66
Dreamcast270mhz
Die Copyright holders!!!

Amibay is gone, whats left is akin to post-Reagan America.
Old 09 May 2010, 23:55   #67
asm1

Roll eyes (sarcastic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamcast270mhz View Post
Amibay is gone, whats left is akin to post-Reagan America.

Quite. Its a point of view I guess. I havent commented on this until now so here goes

Now I don't know what went on fully. I read what happened and dont agree with how the Z man was treated.... However forgive me if I am slightly amused by the fact that a whole load of Moderators resigned in protest.... aaand all of a Sudden the Z Man is a Mod again . Talk about the Admin?(s) sh1tting themselves.

I hope its a case of "Ok lets work this out for the better of the community" for all our sakes.

... rather than....

"That Zetr0 is still a **** but if we don't have him back people will leave, and since we already look like crap anyway we need to save face... so lets have him back...."

As I say Keith not a rant/bash at you... just a wry observation thats all. I really hope you have resolved things.

Amibay is deserted atm lol, like the smelly dog over in the corner that's just farted and nobody wants to go near

A small pointer for future reference though that the whole lot of em could do with taking on board:

Dirty Linen Should NOT be done in public as far as humanely possible.
I realise that there are some things that have to be aired, but this has been a right Sh1tfest and cant have done anyone casually browsing the forums/new members any good. (smelly dog etc )

Anyway, black sheep says "Moo!" and all that

Andrew
Old 10 May 2010, 01:02   #68
8bitbubsy

Send a message via MSN to 8bitbubsy
Quote:
Originally Posted by killergorilla View Post
I went in to a sweetshop the other day, and before I got a chance to buy any sweets, they threw me out!?

I can't believe it!

All I said was "Your sweetshop is run by crazy fucktard weirdos".
Not to take your pun way too seriously, but this makes a huge difference... The guy said "I thought it was". He didn't come in there telling that the forum is lead by weirdos.
This isn't directly attacking in my honest opinion, it's just a past thought shared. Sure is something too personal, but the admins must be sensitive Be a man and argue about it, deleting it does make it even worse for the post starter. Amibay isn't only about sales, it has got its own dedicated "general" part where you can talk about whatever comes to mind. If this is supposed to be sensitive material for the forum users, then I can imagine a hundred threads being deleted in that subforum -- every single day there is.

No offense!
(PS: I know I'm twenty years old (and soon a half!! ), but please don't associate me with a child... That happened too many times already, it makes it harder to argue )

Last edited by 8bitbubsy; 10 May 2010 at 01:12.
Old 10 May 2010, 01:39   #69
Djay
breakpointUK.com

Send a message via MSN to Djay
wow

i have just read your followup thread Zetr0 (the first link is deleted)

i know you were a co-founder but from i've read it seems like your better off out of it all

you have a lot of praise from the members of Amibay and must of been doing something right

with the attitudes of the other mods (of the circle of four) Amibay seems doomed to failure

such problems shouldnt be public, imagine walking into a shop and all you can hear is all the staff arguing and fighting, you would walk out and go somewhere else

maybe you should consider to start over, i am sure you would get support from people here and probably there... maybe its too soon and you havent given up hope

but as i said, the public will be put off by such stuff... forgive but never forget
Old 10 May 2010, 09:41   #70
TCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bitbubsy View Post
Not to take your pun way too seriously
You just did. Seriously.
Old 10 May 2010, 14:35   #71
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

I have to admit I have been moved by the support shown, although I believe most see and injustice and rise it, I doubt I am that popular lol.

I make mistakes as easy as anyone to be honest, if there is a place thats far from perfect you will find me there =)

(just dont tell the wife i just said that... i will never hear the end of it lol)

I was asked by the members and staff for help in stablizing AmiBay and to create a better run site, for that end I have pushed my feelings aside in this matter to get one with what needs to be done.

I wont lie, its hard, but its not about me, its about the members whom deserve better for supporting AmiBay.
Old 10 May 2010, 15:04   #72
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
indeed Z, lets see how it is in a few weeks time

I`m interested to see if they are children or adults
Old 10 May 2010, 15:08   #73
deicidal
Registered Insane

All the best Zetr0, hope it works out for you and hope the other admin have learnt a valuable lesson on what people think about back stabbing.
Old 10 May 2010, 16:41   #74
AndyLandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by asm1 View Post
I hope its a case of "Ok lets work this out for the better of the community" for all our sakes.

... rather than....

"That Zetr0 is still a **** but if we don't have him back people will leave, and since we already look like crap anyway we need to save face... so lets have him back...."
That is where I (at least) stand on the matter. There'd been a lot of in-fighting and tempers were high, but that certainly didn't justify the way Zetr0 was treated. I looked at it the next day, and all I could think was "What the f**k have we just done?!" -- I made a big mistake and learned a major lesson that day. Now I'm proud to say that Zetr0, myself and all the other Amibay staff are working together again to make Amibay a better place. It'll take time, but the important thing to remember is that we really are there for the members, even though we do make mistakes sometimes.
Old 10 May 2010, 17:36   #75
jimmer78

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyLandy View Post
That is where I (at least) stand on the matter. There'd been a lot of in-fighting and tempers were high, but that certainly didn't justify the way Zetr0 was treated. I looked at it the next day, and all I could think was "What the f**k have we just done?!" -- I made a big mistake and learned a major lesson that day. Now I'm proud to say that Zetr0, myself and all the other Amibay staff are working together again to make Amibay a better place. It'll take time, but the important thing to remember is that we really are there for the members, even though we do make mistakes sometimes.
You lot (mods at Amibay) look like total AMATEURS....imagine if the moderators of ebay started posting shit about each other on their forum....it's funny your so strict on the sale of each item and what each person says in the threads, yet you do something like this??

Sort it out.

Respect is due to Zetr0 though.....he's the man!

Last edited by jimmer78; 10 May 2010 at 17:41.
Old 10 May 2010, 18:05   #76
Graham Humphrey
Global Moderator

As I said before... any issues related to the Amibay situation leave it on Amibay and not here.

Otherwise I lock the thread.

Thanks.
Old 10 May 2010, 18:24   #77
Loedown
Precious & fragile things

http://www.amibay.com/showpost.php?p=67264&postcount=81

If it gets deleted, it reads;

I've dealt with Keith on EAB many times and despite the fact that we live more than 10,000 KM apart, there is a real kinship. If it's indeed true that back in January people were colluding to having him removed for being 'too difficult' to deal with, I think the better solution would have been to openly discuss it amongst yourselves, not hold some secret ballot and just shunt him. FFS, Amiga Community is that, if you can't run a simple site with a sense of fairness and honesty towards your own Admins, how are members going to trust what's going on, we the little people?

I'll stick to Ebay, at least there I know the wolves aren't dressed in sheep's clothing.
Old 10 May 2010, 18:32   #78
TCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey View Post
As I said before... any issues related to the Amibay situation leave it on Amibay and not here.
Second that.
Old 10 May 2010, 19:31   #79
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
is there a new ipad out
Old 10 May 2010, 19:32   #80
TCD

Classic
AdSense AdSense