English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene > Member Introductions

Old 26 March 2010, 11:25   #1
Melonfish
I killed Jools on purpose

Hi From Warrington!

Hi

I'm Pete from Warrington, i'm 30 and i've been gaming since i got my toshiba back in the 80's (no really, a tosh)
Christmas of 1992 however i opened a large colourful box which was to change my life for ever.
It was my first Amiga. I got the A600 with the game pack including Putty, Pushover and a few others.
needless to say i'd been hooked since the summer when my m8 showed me his A500+ with external hard drive attachment and games like another world, flashback, dune 2 and tailgunner!

i still have my a600 although its in a cupboard sleeping, its right hand amiga key is busted and the mouse doesn't click anymore but i still love it and i'll repair it one day.
I did aquire two A500's a couple of years ago, one from a smokers home so cleaning suggestions welcomed!

but last night i was 13 again, i installed Winuae, booted up a copy of Walker and you know it was AMAZING!
i'm now looking on how to read the stacks of amiga floppies i have in my cupboard, there's some save games i'd LOVE to revive, especially my frontier elite 2 saves

anyways, i hope i can contribute something to the forum, and if i find any rare coverdisks or old manuals or owt that'd be useful i'll post em up! glad i found some like minded Amiga lovers tho
Pete
AdSense AdSense  
Old 26 March 2010, 12:13   #2
DH
Global Moderator

Welcome to EAB Melonfish

I'm sure you'll get plenty of help replacing the bust key on your A600 and repairing your mouse or even replacing it from here http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/...x.php?cPath=49

Cleaning tips using peroxide can be found here http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...light=peroxide

And anything you can contribute will almost definitely be welcome, check here to see how http://wiki.abime.net/file_transfer/index

Coverdisks from magazines, worth checking here http://amr.abime.net/ to see if your disks are rare

I think I'll leave it for now, but most of all, enjoy your stay
Old 26 March 2010, 13:54   #3
amigakit.com

Welcome!
Old 26 March 2010, 14:23   #4
Merlin
AmiBay MegaMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonfish View Post
I did aquire two A500's a couple of years ago, one from a smokers home so cleaning suggestions welcomed!
Hi Pete,

Welcome!

Regarding cleaning, you may want to look up Retr0bright, as the yellowing may not all be due to cigarette smoke. There's a link in my signature to the Wiki site.

Walker rocks and was one of the best games on the Amiga in my opinion.
Old 26 March 2010, 15:40   #5
TCD
Global Moderator

Hola Pete! Welcome to the EAB resort and spa

Take a drink, search for a cozy place next to the pool and enjoy your stay
Old 26 March 2010, 16:04   #6
Melonfish
I killed Jools on purpose

Thanks for the warm welcome chaps, i've been having a good browse today (although i should be working )
there's some great stuff on here, and its a goldmine of info!
DH: Epic links thanks m8, i was aware of amigakit from ages ago and its my own fault i didn't buy an A1200 before they became 150.

I figure for my disk transfers i'll have to bob a HDD in my a600 and use easyadf. i doubt the two floppy trick and software would do it.
besides it gives me an excuse to play with my beloved amiga again.

i'll let you guys know if i dig out anything awesome and how my repairs/cleanups go cheers!
pete
Old 26 March 2010, 17:00   #7
crabfists

Welcome Melonfish, fellow Warringtonian.

This place is great. Stay awhile! Ha ha haaaa
Old 26 March 2010, 21:28   #8
prowler
Global Moderator

Hi Pete aka Melonfish, and welcome to EAB!
AdSense AdSense