English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 27 March 2010, 20:51   #41
Mikey_C
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Barnet/London
Age: 52
Posts: 219
But not as popular as their Spaghetti and Meatballs, which to date is still IKEA's biggest selling product :-)
Mikey_C is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
Old 27 March 2010, 21:10   #42
prowler
Global Moderator

prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sidcup, England
Posts: 10,280
@Dr.Dude,

I like this one:

For added realism, couldn't we make it prismatic, so that the boing ball appears to rotate to those walking past us?

prowler is offline  
Old 27 March 2010, 23:08   #43
Dr. Dude
Senior Member
Dr. Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: On Ami World
Posts: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
@Dr.Dude,
For added realism, couldn't we make it prismatic, so that the boing ball appears to rotate to those walking past us?
i like that idea, but whats the name of those type of things? i tryed hologram, but thats a whole lot more advanced
Dr. Dude is offline  
Old 27 March 2010, 23:31   #44
prowler
Global Moderator

prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sidcup, England
Posts: 10,280
I don't know the proper name for it or details of the construction, but the surface covering is light-directing prismatic or lenticular film for situations where different data sources need to be seen from the same screen depending on the angle of view.
prowler is offline  
Old 28 March 2010, 00:03   #45
Dr. Dude
Senior Member
Dr. Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: On Ami World
Posts: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
I don't know the proper name for it or details of the construction, but the surface covering is light-directing prismatic or lenticular film for situations where different data sources need to be seen from the same screen depending on the angle of view.
yeah i know what you meen, just not the name for it
though a hologram would be cool to
Dr. Dude is offline  
Old 07 April 2010, 05:36   #46
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits
cosmicfrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: leek, Staffs, UK
Age: 50
Posts: 3,555
Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
Hahar found it, been lookin for this thread, could`t find it and posted in Amiga Revival Fair 2009 - The Line up thread for some reason

anyway...... Think this might have been answered somewhere else but its late

How much is it to get in ?
do both days cost the same ?
how much for both days ?

I might be visiting an Amiga friend that weekend in London. If I am would someone be willing to give us a lift there? that is if you are coming up by car and have room of course

Edit

Thanks to gazgod
found out that Admittance: 10 now is that for both days, I assume so but we all know about assumptions

Last edited by cosmicfrog; 07 April 2010 at 05:44.
cosmicfrog is offline  
Old 10 April 2010, 02:50   #47
Firthy2002
2nd era...
Firthy2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Leeds, England
Age: 34
Posts: 262
Send a message via ICQ to Firthy2002 Send a message via AIM to Firthy2002 Send a message via MSN to Firthy2002 Send a message via Yahoo to Firthy2002 Send a message via Skype™ to Firthy2002
Argh I can't get the time off work!

Damn...
Firthy2002 is offline  
Old 10 April 2010, 13:15   #48
Dr. Dude
Senior Member
Dr. Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: On Ami World
Posts: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firthy2002 View Post
Argh I can't get the time off work!

Damn...
hmmmm i see a cold comming
Dr. Dude is offline  
Old 10 April 2010, 14:22   #49
r0jaws
Amibay fanboi
r0jaws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Boston, Lincolnshire
Age: 43
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetr0 View Post
.....(yes, I know Friday is for Exhibitors =D)
Speaking of which, I'll be round later to crack on with the super secret project.
r0jaws is offline  
Old 10 April 2010, 23:42   #50
Mikey_C
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Barnet/London
Age: 52
Posts: 219
Saturday 10th of April 2010.

Amiga North Thames and Lincolnshire Amiga Group are proud to announce the attendance of the following companies and individuals at the forthcoming Vintage Computer Fair being held at Bletchley Park on Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th of June 2010.

In the Amiga area, you will find the following exhibitors. A-EON AmigaKit Amiga North Thames. Hyperion Entertainment VOF Imica Lincolnshire Amiga Group

For A-eon, Trevor Dickenson and Andrew Korn, will be in attendance to debut the New AmigaOne X1000 for the first time anywhere on the planet, running AmigaOS4.x.

In addition, there will be a beta demonstration of the Timberwolf web browser running natively on AmigaOS4 by none other than Thomas and Hans-Joerg Frieden. Ben Hermans will also be in attendance representing Hyperion Entertainment.

Don't forget there will also be an Amiga through the ages exhibition and an Amiga multiplayer Gaming Arena too!

Exhibitors: Final reminder any other exhibitors that wish to attend should contact us via enquiries@amiga25th.co.uk before April 30th as space is now very very limited.
Mikey_C is offline  
Old 11 April 2010, 02:09   #51
andy
Back.
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dude View Post
hmmmm i see a cold comming
Evidently, you meant to say man-fluenza, Doctor!
andy is offline  
Old 12 April 2010, 00:05   #52
Mikey_C
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Barnet/London
Age: 52
Posts: 219
We are delighted to add ACUBE Systems SRL to the list of exhibitors.

For more details, please visit http://www.amiga25th.co.uk
Mikey_C is offline  
Old 12 April 2010, 00:19   #53
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?
Zetr0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 43
Posts: 9,769
@mikey C

you have PM =)
Zetr0 is offline  
Old 20 April 2010, 03:25   #54
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits
cosmicfrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: leek, Staffs, UK
Age: 50
Posts: 3,555
Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
any one comeing down through staffordshire and has room for a frog ie me

might be able to get to juctions of M6 if pester mum for a lift
cosmicfrog is offline  
Old 20 April 2010, 04:26   #55
birdy-scc
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicfrog View Post
might be able to get to juctions of M6 if pester mum for a lift
birdy-scc is offline  
Old 20 April 2010, 05:46   #56
NovaCoder
Registered User
NovaCoder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Melbourne/Australia
Posts: 3,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey_C View Post
Saturday 10th of April 2010.

Amiga North Thames and Lincolnshire Amiga Group are proud to announce the attendance of the following companies and individuals at the forthcoming Vintage Computer Fair being held at Bletchley Park on Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th of June 2010.

In the Amiga area, you will find the following exhibitors. A-EON AmigaKit Amiga North Thames. Hyperion Entertainment VOF Imica Lincolnshire Amiga Group

For A-eon, Trevor Dickenson and Andrew Korn, will be in attendance to debut the New AmigaOne X1000 for the first time anywhere on the planet, running AmigaOS4.x.

In addition, there will be a beta demonstration of the Timberwolf web browser running natively on AmigaOS4 by none other than Thomas and Hans-Joerg Frieden. Ben Hermans will also be in attendance representing Hyperion Entertainment.

Don't forget there will also be an Amiga through the ages exhibition and an Amiga multiplayer Gaming Arena too!

Exhibitors: Final reminder any other exhibitors that wish to attend should contact us via enquiries@amiga25th.co.uk before April 30th as space is now very very limited.
Sounds great....should be the best Amiga show in how many years?

Just a shame I can't make it (wrong side of the planet), hope you get a great turn-out
NovaCoder is offline  
Old 20 April 2010, 09:50   #57
chiark
Needs a life

chiark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: England
Posts: 1,621
The things that display a different image depending on the angle are called lenticular as prowler said...

Awesome. I am hopeful I can get there for at least one day!
chiark is offline  
Old 07 June 2010, 01:52   #58
FromWithin
Music lord
FromWithin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Liverpool, UK
Age: 43
Posts: 595
Send a message via ICQ to FromWithin Send a message via AIM to FromWithin Send a message via MSN to FromWithin Send a message via Yahoo to FromWithin
Hello people.

I am intending to get to Bletchley Park, but having no car and knowing little about the area, I'm a bit stuck and was hoping that someone could fill in some gaps:

Is it possible to attend sans car? Are there (available) hotels near enough that taxis could suffice? Is it easy to get to by train (what's this Marston Vale community rail thing?)? If I hire a car, what's the parking situation likely to be at the event? Problematic?

That's about all I need to know. I don't want to hire a car unless I have to, and don't want to pay out for it and have to get taxis anyway because parking is impossible. Just need to check the situation.

Cheers all.
FromWithin is offline  
Old 07 June 2010, 02:43   #59
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?
Zetr0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 43
Posts: 9,769
<---- really excited!!!
Zetr0 is offline  
Old 07 June 2010, 10:33   #60
Mikey_C
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Barnet/London
Age: 52
Posts: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromWithin View Post
Hello people.

Is it possible to attend sans car? Are there (available) hotels near enough that taxis could suffice? Is it easy to get to by train (what's this Marston Vale community rail thing?)? If I hire a car, what's the parking situation likely to be at the event? Problematic?
Have you checked this site out? http://www.amiga25th.co.uk
- It would have saved you a post. Here's a map.
http://www.amiga25th.co.uk/images/bparea.png
Mikey_C is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Retrocomputing Amiga & old Videogames event fby Retrogaming General Discussion 0 02 December 2011 01:51
20 Years of Kick Off 2 - UK Celebration Event Sober1977 Amiga scene 2 29 March 2010 00:31
The GREAT Amiga Bring and Buy sale Event. (UK) Mikey_C Amiga scene 39 30 May 2009 00:43
UK Amiga Event! November 1st in Coventry niceguy1979 News 7 02 November 2008 17:40
Amiga Event minded Amiga scene 0 27 February 2002 20:32

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 15:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Page generated in 0.26456 seconds with 12 queries