English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 26 January 2010, 08:37   #1
ami_junkie

Lightwave 3D

Hi guys, I am doing a promo video for one of my tracks, it is a hardcore breaks/old skool hardcore video, as such I am doing the graphics on my Amiga to get that real old skool feel, been using Adorage and Scala MM300 but I also want to use Lightwave 3D, I found some ADFs of version 3.5 but when I try to install it I always get an error of it not being able to edit the start-up sequence and then it aborts the install. I have an Amiga 1200/030 with Classic WB installed. Any suggestions?

AdSense AdSense  
Old 26 January 2010, 10:06   #2
Angus
Amiga Games Database

Quote:
Originally Posted by ami_junkie View Post
Hi guys, I am doing a promo video for one of my tracks, it is a hardcore breaks/old skool hardcore video, as such I am doing the graphics on my Amiga to get that real old skool feel, been using Adorage and Scala MM300 but I also want to use Lightwave 3D, I found some ADFs of version 3.5 but when I try to install it I always get an error of it not being able to edit the start-up sequence and then it aborts the install. I have an Amiga 1200/030 with Classic WB installed. Any suggestions?
This might be a bit of a wacky idea, but you don't have an anti-virus program running that detects anything trying to change the startup-sequence, do you?
Old 26 January 2010, 10:11   #3
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
I always get an error of it not being able to edit the start-up sequence and then it aborts the install.
Maybe your startup-sequence is write protected? Type "protect s:startup-sequence rwed" in a shell and see if if that helps.
Old 27 January 2010, 03:31   #4
ami_junkie

Thanks guys, I tried the above but still got an error, it says there is a problem with the startup-sequence. Then aborts the install

Old 27 January 2010, 16:17   #5
Angus
Amiga Games Database

Quote:
Thanks guys, I tried the above but still got an error, it says there is a problem with the startup-sequence. Then aborts the install

It might be worth carefully renaming your startup-sequence and then dropping another one into your S: directory that is pretty much straight off the workbench disk.

I'm just thinking there maybe something in yours that it doesn't like, and/or possibly a vanilla startup might bypass some other conflict.

Another thought - running snoopdos during the install might be worthwhile.
AdSense AdSense