English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 28 May 2002, 02:55   #1

Loading amiga floppy onto pc

Hey guys I've got an Amiga floppy ,from about ten years ago,
with some pics I'd like to open (.iff's I think?!) can I view and copy them to/on my pc?

Sorry for the newbie question, Jim

AdSense AdSense  
Old 28 May 2002, 07:28   #2
andy
Back.

Hi.

If you mean 'can you read the Amiga disk in PC drive?', then the answer is 'not directly'. There are various methods of reading Amiga disks in PC drives, though and a quick search at www.google.com or through earlier messages on this board should uncover what you need.

If you're just wanting to transfer files, have you considered using a null-modem cable? Speeds aren't lightning-fast; but it is useable - particularly for files, rather than entire disks (although I use it for that, with my A500).

If you need to know about viewing image files on your PC, a few programs that can decode .iff include: Adobe Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro and IrfanView (freeware, www.irfanview.com).

Hope that helps
Old 28 May 2002, 12:11   #3
RetroMan

If you don´t have any Amiga around to read the disks out try this : http://www.oldskool.org/disk2fdi/

But you need a second Disk Drive in your PC to read out Amiga Disks .....
Old 28 May 2002, 19:50   #4
Sune Salminen
Dinamáquina

Floppy disk

You can also consider purchasing the "Amiga Explorer" from www.cloanto.com ($19.95 i think).
With this program you can connect your Amiga to your PC and make Amiga disks from ADF images and vice versa.

All you need is a serial cable and a Workbench disk... And an Amiga of course :-)

I have just bought this myself, and i am very happy with it. If you decide to buy it, don't hesitate to contact me if you need help getting it up & running!
AdSense AdSense