English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 26 February 2010, 12:12   #161
Peter
Unemployed & Lovin' it

POLITE MESSAGE.

This thread is about AMIGA Shareware and PD Games, please create a DIFFERENT thread to discuss other topics.

Thanks Guys.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 26 February 2010, 12:51   #162
Peter
Unemployed & Lovin' it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Stylus View Post
Another missing game - only the demo version seems to be online:

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...gus#post366214
Argus - I remember this, not particularly well received at the time, not by Amiga Power anyway - see attached.

I will do what I can to investigate this one - you never know!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Argus_AP58.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	24371  
Old 26 February 2010, 17:35   #163
Adropac2
Zone Friend

It's a vertical shooter like the arcade version so i wonder if inspiration was originally formed from that.Hard enough to get past the first level in the arcade but i loved it
Old 26 February 2010, 17:54   #164
Retro1234

Dont know if this is ShareWare or PD but does anyone know if these Games/Software got realesed and where I could download
http://members.iinet.net.au/~cleathley/gamehistory.html

Last edited by Retro1234; 26 February 2010 at 18:11.
Old 27 February 2010, 15:48   #165
TCD
Global Moderator

Some of the games look quite interesting (well, any 'new' Amiga game is ) Hopefully one of our Australian members have an idea how to contact him
Old 01 March 2010, 10:23   #166
Asman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
The Source code has been given to us as far as I'm concerned but I guess that we should use our discretion here and not just rip it to pieces out of respect to the author and the original game.

Asman, I think that the author would welcome your modifications and any improvements that you think could be made so I would say in this case just go ahead with what you intend to do.

I will drop the author an email to explain what is happening just to be on the safe side.

Asman - it would be a fantastic contribution to EAB if you could get the full version of this game back up and running with game play improvements...

Please keep me updated with any progress you make.

Peter
Hi Peter,

There is any chance to find the full version of Psycheual ?

As you know source code is incomplete, I extracted some binary data from demo but there is only one level and some music samples are missing.

Regards
Old 01 March 2010, 11:39   #167
Peter
Unemployed & Lovin' it

Asman, as it stands I think the answer is no - sorry I thought that the source code we had of Psycheual was actually the full game.... my mistake.

If I get any more updates from the author I will let you know.
Old 01 March 2010, 11:54   #168
Asman

The source code is from full game, but is incomplete. Following things are missing:
all binary data + source code for music player + source code for subgame. As I said I extraced some missing data from demo game, because I thought that demo contains all levels and is possible to make full version of this game on basis of demo version. But without levels data I can't do this. I can use other samples, I can extract code for music player, extract code for subgame ( I think, because I didn't check this ).

Regards
Old 04 March 2010, 22:50   #169
Heavy Stylus
CD32 Fanboi

Another one for the list:

Xenomorphs (Culture)

Some information about this and a planned sequel can be found here: http://cd.textfiles.com/aggames/MULT...OMBAT/MOREINFO

The 16-colour gfx in this game are superb. I'd be grateful if some one could rip the tiles and sprite sheet so I can have a proper look
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	xeno1.png
Views:	211
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	24470   Click image for larger version

Name:	xeno2.png
Views:	201
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	24471   Click image for larger version

Name:	xeno3.png
Views:	250
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	24472  
Old 04 March 2010, 23:26   #170
Peter
Unemployed & Lovin' it

Looks a good one... I will put it on my list of ones to hunt down!
I have never even heard of this...
Old 04 March 2010, 23:29   #171
Heavy Stylus
CD32 Fanboi

well, sadly it isn't great. The scrolling and movement is very jerky, and plays too fast on an a1200. However, the docs state that these issues may have been addressed in the full version though...
Old 05 March 2010, 08:47   #172
Asman

Hi Peter,

Maybe good idea is to ask author ( if we assume that author is reachable ) about source code for game. That would be great for me, because I'm collecting source code for games.

Info about Psycheual:
I think that there is a light at the end of the dark tunnel. I grabbed levels from psychon ( psx version of psycheual ) and first level works ( different then demo level of course ). I didn't find time to make more tests, I just walking and shooting on first level.
I will post some screen shots today evening.
I think that other levels should also works. I assume that author just use levels from amiga version of game in psychon game.

Regards
Old 05 March 2010, 11:49   #173
Peter
Unemployed & Lovin' it

That's great news Asman - looking forward to seeing those screen shots - thank you so much for all your efforts!

I will definitely make a point of asking for source code when I contact game authors from now on...

It has been very quiet lately, unfortunately I have had no replies back from any of the letters/emails I have sent in connection with games I am looking for at present but I guess you have to be realistic - these games are old and in truth it is probably very few if any of the authors who still have their Amiga's today... but if we just get even one in ten games back it will be worth the effort.

Last edited by Peter; 05 March 2010 at 12:33.
Old 05 March 2010, 12:14   #174
TCD
Global Moderator

Indeed great news Asman Looking forward to see the first results and keep it up
Old 05 March 2010, 15:30   #175
hitm4n

Although most authors will have moved on from Amiga, most are still around and just need tracking down. Of course, this is really tough, if not impossible sometimes, but i feel most authors are humbled or grateful that people still remember their old games and are usually happy to share where they can. It is definately worth pursuing them for that 1 in 10 chance and to be able to play some of these old games in full glory again is pretty neat.

Keep it up. I follow this thread with interest.

Oh, and nice work Asman. Sounds like you may be able to build a full game with the source and the levels from the psx version. Lets see those screenshots
Old 05 March 2010, 18:42   #176
Asman

Hi

Here you are screen shots from "my full" version of psycheual. Enjoy ( I'm not super hero if we talking about making screen shots ).
I will continue work on this game... stay tuned.

Cheers.

Name:	0_005.png
Views:	505
Size:	2.5 KB
ID:	24493Click image for larger version

Name:	0_006.png
Views:	527
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	24494Click image for larger version

Name:	0_007.png
Views:	601
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	24495
Old 05 March 2010, 19:18   #177
Peter
Unemployed & Lovin' it

Excellent - great work!
Old 08 March 2010, 11:22   #178
Asman

Hi

Info about Psycheual:

Yesterday ( at dark night ) at least I grabbed last missing source ( subgame invaders ) from demo and make very first full version of game. There are still glitches/bugs/mistakes/errors/missing things:
- top panel is probably a bit different then in full game, because there is no info about collecting globes on top panel
- I found some gfx tile with strange white line, ( maybe psx version contains more gfx tiles then amiga version ??? )
- there is no fire when player shoots ( in demo version is ).
- some samples for new guns are missing ( not checked )
- gfx glitches for a while when player leave sub game or terminal

BTW: Maybe is good idea to make some new thread in sub forum: amiga.Project Game Factory ?

BTW2: I will post more screenshots today evening. And if someone is interesting I can upload ( today evening ) to the zone this very first version of game.

Any comments are welcome.

Cheers.
Old 08 March 2010, 11:26   #179
TCD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asman View Post
BTW2: I will post more screenshots today evening. And if someone is interesting I can upload ( today evening ) to the zone this very first version of game.
Me! and Peter for sure Would be great if you could upload the version, so that we can have a look.
Old 08 March 2010, 11:47   #180
Peter
Unemployed & Lovin' it

Definitely - looking forward to seeing this...
Eventually (and I know that this is some way off yet) it would be great to get Psycheual into the Hall of Light with some serious credit going your way Asman - this game is certainly going to have a history!

Keep up the good work!
AdSense AdSense