English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 11 February 2010, 02:50   #141
NeroAngelo

OK, thanks. One less to search for. Kill'em all remains...

Oh, and perhaps Bacman. A horror-themed pacman clone, I also have a demo for it, but the full version... unable to find it.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 11 February 2010, 12:26   #142
Peter
Unemployed & Lovin' it

Well... I guess the idea of this thread is to also encourage people to do a little investigation themselves... (hint-hint)

Bacman does sound interesting...
Old 12 February 2010, 22:02   #143
Peter
Unemployed & Lovin' it

Today I received two emails from... Andy Campbell and Shaun Watters (Shaun is registered here on EAB as timeslip)
As you will all know both these very creative guys were involved in the Black Dawn series of Amiga games and other projects.

Shaun experienced a hard drive failure a little while back and as a result lost all of his Amiga projects which included an un-released Black Dawn game
On a brighter note Shaun mentions that he may still have some other Amiga "bits & bobs" as he says, and he will pass them all our way!

Andy has made his Amiga archive downloadable at his website (http://www.dreamingmethods.com/?idno...goryname=Amiga)
I was actually able to give him a file he was missing! (Magnetic Fiction - which is in my User folder on the EAB Server - User/Peter/Games/Black Dragon Design/Dreaming Methods Amiga Archive)

I have asked Andy to let us know if he has any other Amiga games, disks or projects that we might be interested in.

I will post here when I hear back from Andy and Shaun...

Last edited by Peter; 13 February 2010 at 11:04.
Old 13 February 2010, 17:35   #144
Peter
Unemployed & Lovin' it

Not strictly to do with this thread but... AMOS users can check the EAB Server... "User/Peter/F1 Licenseware/AMOS" for some AMOSZine Magazine disks and a few other AMOS related disks.
Old 14 February 2010, 06:38   #145
Jonathan Drain
YARDS NEED MORE BYTANIUM

Ah, the importance of backups!
Old 18 February 2010, 18:22   #146
plasmatron
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
I have managed to get the F1 Licenseware titles that I mentioned a few days ago...10 games and 6 music disks (game music for game makers) - Considerably more title added now...

See attached picture for details...

All the titles can be found on the EAB File Server - check folder "User/Peter/Games/F1 Licenseware"

All files are DMS
Great Peter Looked ages for most of the F1 stuff. Especially STARBOY.
You do a great job
Old 18 February 2010, 18:40   #147
plasmatron
Zone Friend

Oooooh And the great BORIS THE BALL is also inside
Back in 1995, me and my ex, made looots of cool levels with the editor.
Happy days
Old 18 February 2010, 20:37   #148
Peter
Unemployed & Lovin' it

Thanks plasmatron... glad you are enjoying the games!

I am looking for more game - I spoke to Shaun Watters (timeslip) again via email and he is trying to find "Parasite 2" for us (I could only find the demo) Shaun also wants to try to find his "Disk Mag Creator" and a game called "Rotator" both of which were release by 5th Dimension... if anyone has the full versions of these then please post here!
Old 19 February 2010, 10:23   #149
TCD
Global Moderator

Thanks for the ongoing effort Peter
Will have a look at the new full games on the weekend
Old 24 February 2010, 01:48   #150
Djay
breakpointUK.com

Send a message via MSN to Djay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
My obsession to obtain the full registered version of the game "Scavenge" continues...
I have had no luck getting this game although I have the demo disk...

I always liked the music from the game, I knew it was by U4IA (Jim Young) of Cryptoburners - this is stated in the game credits but I never new exactly what it was... anyway cut a long story short (unlike me) I have found the Mod file - it is called "Take a Trip From Me" and I have uploaded it to the zone for anyone who is interested... I think it is a pretty decent track although admittedly nothing out of the ordinary - I liked it in the game anyway.

U4IA is a pretty good composer in my opinion - anyone else like his stuff?
back 2006 i posted this >>

i have been trying to find a piece of music since i starting using WinUAE back whenever when...

it was bundled on a coverdisk with soundtracker, protracker maybe even startrekker..

it had a vocal on it, which, in an almost robotic voice said "conducetrants"... i believe i check all the mod sites... if anyone knows of it please post back..

i might even marry you*

*depends on other conditions to be confirmed!

and then this >>>

OH MY GOD.... i found it.. was a bit of a mission!!!

http://nthdimension.emuunlim.com/

was from Amiga Format Coverdisk 48b (with ProTracker v3.10B)

mod is called take a trip from me by U4IAof Cryptoburners

the protracker on coverdisk doesnt play the voice sample properly!

i'll up to the zone as it ROCKS!!!!!

please d/l it and give me your thoughts... this one is going straight on my iPod

only took me 5 years to find!

>>>

i still love this tune!

anyway what a great thread... i was mad about the PD scene back on the real Amiga

its funny how people that created some awesome freeware/shareware games etc left the Amiga scene completely and only know of the interest we all still share through receiving out-of-the-blue letters asking for full versions

oh and pls thank the coder of Deluxe Galaga, i enjoyed his game so much, my friends and i had lengthy compos beating each others highscores.. i managed to go through the game 3 times
Old 24 February 2010, 01:54   #151
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djay View Post
Hey Djay,

That link worked for you today?
Old 24 February 2010, 01:56   #152
Djay
breakpointUK.com

no, back in 2006.. when i stripped it bare.. lol
Old 24 February 2010, 18:15   #153
hitm4n

I work closely with Edgar M Vigdal (author of DG) and in case you didn't know, he's re-written Deluxe Galaga for PC and called it Warblade. It offers more levels, better gfx, better (and tons more) vocals (actually the default voice set is my wife, another is my voice and a couple of the other sets are synth sounds also by me), theres more secrets, more medals, more everything!! Check it out.

www.warblade.as

Oh, and you'll see his latest news is "Warblade for iPhone coming soon" Damn, its fun to play !
Old 24 February 2010, 18:17   #154
hitm4n

p.s. I was also on the hunt for that module for many years. Your thread asking about it was one i stumbled across on my own hunts. I also found it a while back and still love it to this day "Induce Trance" was the vocal as i remembered it
Old 24 February 2010, 21:46   #155
Djay
breakpointUK.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitm4n View Post
I work closely with Edgar M Vigdal (author of DG) and in case you didn't know, he's re-written Deluxe Galaga for PC and called it Warblade. It offers more levels, better gfx, better (and tons more) vocals (actually the default voice set is my wife, another is my voice and a couple of the other sets are synth sounds also by me), theres more secrets, more medals, more everything!! Check it out.

www.warblade.as

Oh, and you'll see his latest news is "Warblade for iPhone coming soon" Damn, its fun to play !
yeah i found warblade some time ago... its also very good... but not sure why but i still prefer DG... just before i sold my a1200, monitor, 1000 discs etc etc to buy a psx, DG was the only game i played

i played it last night on WinUAE and still remember the place to position your ship before each wave starts (funny the things you remember in'it)
Old 24 February 2010, 21:48   #156
Djay
breakpointUK.com

Quote:
p.s. I was also on the hunt for that module for many years. Your thread asking about it was one i stumbled across on my own hunts. I also found it a while back and still love it to this day "Induce Trance" was the vocal as i remembered it
ahhh, Induce Trance... never realised that before... its such a great tune, used to be on repeat back in the day and still have it on repeat now
Old 25 February 2010, 09:11   #157
Asman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungryghost View Post
Hi everybody, thanks for the nice welcome Peter! Having been routing around for the past hour looking for Psych* related things, I've found the PlayStation version on CD - and the Amiga source code for the original, if anyone's still interested in such things. After all these years, it's all gobbledygook to me!

Here's the source code: http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/11...44/psycheual.s

CD image to follow if it ever finishes uploading.
Hi

I have question about status of source. Is it public domain or something, mean can I change/modify/improve some things in source code ?

Regards
Old 25 February 2010, 11:20   #158
Peter
Unemployed & Lovin' it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asman View Post
Hi

I have question about status of source. Is it public domain or something, mean can I change/modify/improve some things in source code ?

Regards
The Source code has been given to us as far as I'm concerned but I guess that we should use our discretion here and not just rip it to pieces out of respect to the author and the original game.

Asman, I think that the author would welcome your modifications and any improvements that you think could be made so I would say in this case just go ahead with what you intend to do.

I will drop the author an email to explain what is happening just to be on the safe side.

Asman - it would be a fantastic contribution to EAB if you could get the full version of this game back up and running with game play improvements...

Please keep me updated with any progress you make.

Peter
Old 26 February 2010, 11:32   #159
Heavy Stylus
CD32 Fanboi

Another missing game - only the demo version seems to be online:

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...gus#post366214
Old 26 February 2010, 11:34   #160
Heavy Stylus
CD32 Fanboi

Quote:

www.warblade.as

As a registered owner of the game, I always wondered if Hitman was you...
AdSense AdSense