English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 11 July 2009, 09:18   #1
mattbarton.exe

Happy Matt Chat on Worms & Artillery Games

I know you guys are going to like this one!

[ Show youtube player ]

This episode covers Worms (another of my favorite Amiga games) as well as a broader history of artillery games in general. I *love* this kind of game, how about you? Sadly, the ten minute limit forced me to cut out a few sections I had in the original, especially the story of Scorched Tanks and several other interesting examples. On the plus side, I was able to pack in quite a bit!

Enjoy, and, as always, I love reading your comments and your own experiences with the games in the video.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 11 July 2009, 10:20   #2
TCD

Have I mentioned that I love how you give an insight of the history behind the games you review? Great review again Matt My all-time 'addictive' artillery game is Tanx. Played these for many hours with friends on my Amiga, hearing them swearing at me etc.

Oh and congratulations on reaching number 20 I really enjoy watching your reviews, so keep it up Matt
Old 11 July 2009, 10:58   #3
Paul_s
needs more ice cream

Big grin

You're like the Angry Video Game Nerd but a much cooler/relaxed version who makes more sense

DVD time for you
Old 11 July 2009, 11:51   #4
Ironclaw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_s View Post
You're like the Angry Video Game Nerd but a much cooler/relaxed version who makes more sense
So true

Yes, another good one, Matt.... these artillery games are lots of fun.
Old 11 July 2009, 12:17   #5
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Thanks again Matt, Worms is the game that I've spend most of my time playing multiplayer with my brother when I got the original back in ~1996.
Bananabomb ftw!
Old 11 July 2009, 12:27   #6
Peter
Unemployed & Lovin' it

Another great video Matt... I was always sort of proud that Worms did so well because of it's Amiga background.

I love to watch your videos, I just wish that they could be longer - they are like watching a favourite TV show episode now - I make myself a cup of TV and put my feet up to watch and cant wait for the next one.

The UK is in desperate need of a dedicated TV show about Video Games - you should pitch your material to some UK TV channels - I mean it!!
Old 11 July 2009, 12:33   #7
Sensi
Unregistered User

Another interesting video.

Almost all Matt's videos are 10.00 mins long!
And I love Matt's T-shirts too.

My first artillery game was the game called Gorrilas written in QBasic. I played it on old laptop with black and white display. Those memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
The UK is in desperate need of a dedicated TV show about Video Games - you should pitch your material to some UK TV channels - I mean it!!
Matt's videos are too good for TV imo, he makes them in the way he wants to, no concessions, adverts and similar kind of s..t.
Old 11 July 2009, 12:34   #8
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensi View Post
Almost all Matt's videos are 10.00 mins long!
Might be because that's the limit on U tube
Old 11 July 2009, 12:39   #9
Sensi
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoonay View Post
Might be because that's the limit on U tube
Oh ...

But some are 10.02 and 10.03
OK, I am an youtube noob, laugh at me, bully me, I dont care
Old 11 July 2009, 12:43   #10
TCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensi View Post
But some are 10.02 and 10.03
Seems like you can upload upto 10:59 (not tested ).
Maybe Matt should apply here : http://www.youtube.com/partners
Might be worth it
Old 11 July 2009, 12:44   #11
Shoonay
Global Caturator

For us it would be, we want moar, longer and uncut!
Old 11 July 2009, 15:36   #12
extralife

gz with number 20 matt and i nice episode indeed with worms lol i even held on to the mighty worms untill my 360 died its second death, so it looks like i'm going back to the allmighty amiga roots to get my worms fix for now there is only one thing that is a little sad about worms, it seems like its all that team17 had got on their minds for years after they released the original.......oh yea i allmost forgot they did the hard as nails X2 for the mighty ps1, but other then that i cant think of anything else since worms, worms....WORMS
Old 11 July 2009, 20:37   #13
mattbarton.exe

Thanks for all the comments, guys, and thanks for watching.

Yes, I am starting to hate the 10 minute time limit. I always have to make cuts. For instance, I had a section on Scorched Tanks and the story behind it that had to be cut.

Still, you know how it goes. If they gave me 20 minutes I'd fill that up and want 30, etc.

You're right about Team 17. I was on their website searching the forums and letters and that was a major complaint. I guess they are fixated on Worms because it made so much money for them. Can't blame them there, I guess. I tried Worms3D a few times, though, and just couldn't get into it--not nearly as much fun as the 2D versions.

I played so many artillery games growing up; it was one of my favorite genres. I even played a really cool on called Gravity Wars on my Amiga. It was a public domain game that had a klingon Bird of Prey and the Enterprise battling it out in space. You had to input an angle and power, but the trick was there were a bunch of planets between you whose gravity affected the torpedoes. It was just so much fun!

I also played Artillerus and Scorched Tanks quite a bit. All good stuff, though I think Worms easily tops them all.

I looked up "angry videogame nerd" and watched a few of his videos. Looks like he's got a budget and perhaps a crew to help him out. Pretty funny stuff, but definitely raunchy.
Old 11 July 2009, 22:00   #14
Ironclaw
Banned

If you posted your vids on my account (cubex55), you could have as many hours you want :P

As an example: [ Show youtube player ] (4 hours, 31 mins )
AdSense AdSense