English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 18 June 2009, 23:29   #1
beltrixx
Another Amiga fan

Question about setXA (Microbotics M1230XA) utility

Hi,

Just a question. I have a Microbotics M1230XA accelerator with a 128 Mb SIMM installed on my A1200, Rev. 2B Motherboard witch Kick 3.1 ROMs.

My system shows up the 128 megs (Workbench titlebar) but if I open the setXA utility the processor and coprocessor type and speed are correct, but RAM shows as 'NONE' (as if no RAM was installed). Is that normal ??

If I manually specify 128 Mb, 70 ns. and press the "Save" button, the next time I open the utility again neither RAM size nor RAM speed show ... again is this normal?

I remember some time ago I was able to manually set the amount of RAM and the configuration after pressing the save button was stored succesfully ... don't know the reason why I can't now ...

Any ideas ??
AdSense AdSense  
Old 19 June 2009, 22:08   #2
jotd
Cat freak

Hi,

I don't know if this helps but:

I had the problem when I sold my 1230XA in 1995 (ouch, that was ages ago), the problem was that I had lost the utility disk.

I remember that we wrote a script to manually set the ram (with a tool from aminet), and it worked OK (so you don't need the utilities at all).

But obviously it was not a 128Mb SIMM but rather a 16MB at the time.

Anyway WTF if it does not display any RAM? if WB recognizes it it's fine. I've learnt to forget about config perfection in the amiga world, while it works it's cool, after all those years...
Old 30 June 2009, 00:47   #3
beltrixx
Another Amiga fan

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
Hi,

I don't know if this helps but:

I had the problem when I sold my 1230XA in 1995 (ouch, that was ages ago), the problem was that I had lost the utility disk.

I remember that we wrote a script to manually set the ram (with a tool from aminet), and it worked OK (so you don't need the utilities at all).

But obviously it was not a 128Mb SIMM but rather a 16MB at the time.

Anyway WTF if it does not display any RAM? if WB recognizes it it's fine. I've learnt to forget about config perfection in the amiga world, while it works it's cool, after all those years...
Thank you for the reply,

WB recognizes the 128 Mb SIMM properly but If I change it by a 32 Mb SIMM it only recognizes 12 Mb... This 32 Mb SIMM was originally fitted in the card and was recognized properly when I managed to ran the setXA config utility without problems.

Anyway, I'll follow your advice and won't bother about it unless the 128 Mb doesn't get recognized

Regards,

beltrixx.
AdSense AdSense