|22 May 2009, 23:22||#1|
Join Date: Aug 2007
WinUAE 1.6.0 released (21.05.2009)
WinUAE 1.6.0 released (21.05.2009)
- Very popular request: automatic display scaling/window resizing!
(not compatible with all programs) Option in Filter-panel.
- PAL/NTSC vertical size change emulated in filter modes.
- Transparent clipboard sharing between Amiga clipboard.device and
Windows clipboard, both Amiga->Windows and Windows->Amiga supported.
Text and images supported, HAM6/8 automatically converted to 24-bit
image, EHB converted to 64-color image. Images with less than 256
colors images converted to standard IFF, higher color images converted
to 24-bit IFF. Text converted to plain text, formatting possible in
- "Interlace fixer", interlaced screens are now rock solid, all interlace
artifacts will be gone. (this feature isn't same as scandoubler or
flickerfixer and not compatible with most games)
- VirtualPC VHD dynamic harddisk image support (dynamic = empty hardfile
is very small, size grows automatically when more data gets written)
- Custom chipset emulation updates, horizontally mixed lores and hires
modes work and more (for example Disposable Hero titlescreen is
finally perfect, Oops Up ray color issue)
- Mouse emulation rewritten (Oil Imperium pipelining minigame)
- 10 sector and 81/82 track PC/Atari ST disk images supported.
- Diskspare disk images supported.
- OCS/ECS "7-planes" mode fully implemented (4 normal bitplanes + 2
static 16-bit patterns for planes 5 and 6) 1st Anniversary by Lazy
Bones has 100% correct display now.
- SuperHires supprted in lores and filtered lores modes.
- 320x256, 640x512, 800x600, 1024x768 and 1280x1024 always added to RTG
mode list (320x200 and 320x240 was already available previously)
- RTG mode vertical blanking interrupt implemented without busy
waiting, interrupt rate added, configuration added to GUI.
- Filter multiplier select boxes now support manually entered
multipliers, for example 2.5 = 2.5x. Aspect ratio correction added.
- Full drawing tablet support. (must be wintab compatible)
- "Magic mouse" mode improvements.
- Parallel port joystick adapter configuration added to Gameports panel
(Much easier and quicker than using Input panel configuration)
- Input device type (mouse, digital joystick, analog joystick, lightpen
etc..) selection added to Gameports panel. (Less need for complex
Input panel configuration)
- WinUAE is now unicode Windows application, added full unicode support
to configuration files. (backwards compatibility still maintained)
- PortAudio v19 audio library support. ASIO, WDM-KS (Windows XP low
level sound API), WASAPI (Vista low level sound API), lower latency
sound. NOTE: WDM-KS is unstable in current PortAudio version.
- Added new 64-bit seek and size dos packets to filesystem emulation.
- ICD AdIDE "scrambled" IDE disk and hardfile format supported, also
includes automatic byteswap detection.
- Include some monitor unsupported modes in display modes list because
some drivers lists custom modes as unsupported with current monitor
(even if they work just fine..)
- ASCII-only and experimental Epson matrix printer emulation added, do
not print anything if less than 10 bytes received.
- Added support for Windows Recent Documents/Windows 7 Jump Lists.
1.5.3 bug fixes:
- Random CD32 pad button events without enabled pad.
- Mid horizontal line graphics mode change fix (for example Cover Girl
- ECS Agnus 0.5M+0.5M "1M chip" mirror works again (Move Any Mountain)
- Rainbow Islands one missing horizontal line fixed.
Other bug fixes:
- Directory filesystem bug fixes (very old bugs), ACTION MODE CHANGE
fixed, also fixed case that caused lost file comments, show >2G files
as 2G - 1 instead of showing "random" 32-bit truncated value.
- HAM mode graphics errors if left border was not fully visible.
- Some crashing bugs fixed.
- uaeserial.device unit 10 or larger works now.
- Early boot menu PAL/NTSC switching works properly, previously only
worked after reset.
- CD32 CD emulation is now compatible with newer cd.device (comes
with FMV cartridge boot ROM)
- KS loader 16-bit odd/even ROM image to 32-bit merging fixed.
- A1000 bootstrap ROM in even/odd format loading fixed.
- Another non-interlace to interlace switch graphics corruption fixed.
- Sprite graphics garbage appeared in some rare cases.
- Restoring statefile without GUI enabled emptied all floppy drives.
- lha extended datestamps fixed. 7zip updated, datestamps supported.
- Recursive archives as a harddrive support improved.
- RTG display refresh crash in some specific situations.
- Switching cycle-exact mode on the fly sometimes freezed the blitter.
- Screenshots in windowed D3D modes fixed.
- 100% stereo separation was not working properly.
- Much improved sound stability/syncronization.
and (too) much more.
Direct links to the mainfiles.
Last edited by ma693541; 23 May 2009 at 19:40. Reason: Forgot to give the direct links to the files.
|22 May 2009, 23:52||#2|
Da Digger :)
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Monza, Italy
|23 May 2009, 01:28||#3|
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sidcup, England
|23 May 2009, 18:20||#8|
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Mirfield, West Yorkshire, UK
On the Amiga Forever automatic 'Software Director' update thingummy, it still says 1.5.3 is the latest version.
Is it wiser for me to wait for Cloanto to update their sources, or am I okay updating directly from the WinUAE website - and is there anything I need to be aware of in terms of how Amiga Forever sets WinUAE up?
|25 May 2009, 02:20||#9|
Hmmm, us Mac users are over 2 years behind on development. Where's the Mac love? Richard Drummond seems to have disappeared.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Amiga Forever 2009.1 Released - "Black Friday" Special||Paul_s||News||0||26 November 2009 22:32|
|Melbourne Oz - Syntax Demoparty 2009 (Sat 31st Oct 2009)||NovaCoder||Amiga scene||0||29 October 2009 02:53|
|WinUAE 1.6.1 released (18.06.2009)||spajdr||News||12||20 June 2009 20:14|
|Symphonic Shades 2009 & Mincandy 3 demo released!||Paul_s||News||0||21 May 2009 06:07|
|WinUAE 0.8.25 released||Toni Wilen||support.WinUAE||3||22 February 2004 13:15|