English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 06 July 2009, 20:55   #21
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

If you can prove they are selling pirated roms contact cloanto and let them sort it out. I very much doubt they are at least not through their webshop.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 06 July 2009, 22:03   #22
ImmortalA1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_hairy_bootson View Post
If you can prove they are selling pirated roms contact cloanto and let them sort it out. I very much doubt they are at least not through their webshop.
Well it is exactly the same items with the same 700 and 1000 Amiga games on each CD respectively with the same title names on webshop and on his e'bay sausage account.

I'm sorry but as clearly these CDs are supplied with a fully configured and working copy of UAE then it is my duty to report this person who causes the Amiga fans such problems and we could all do without his holier than thou attitude..

Suitable contact address for copyright concerns within Amiga Inc for superfast response of cease and desist response anyone?

Moral of the story, if you're going to be an asshole in the Amiga community, you better be spotless yourself on every possible level and every avenue of business.

edit: Clearly UAE needs kickstart roms to function otherwise no point putting it on the CD and saying the games will work on PC directly using the CD + UAE (as opposed to saying Kickstart roms not supplied and must be obtained separately)
Old 06 July 2009, 23:37   #23
ImmortalA1000

The guy is indeed an asshole as suspected looking around the web, here is just one example.

http://www.exotica.org.uk/forum/view...php?f=5&t=1442

Reported to Amiga Inc now....I hope he kept the signed paperwork for the usage of WB/KS files
Old 07 July 2009, 08:30   #24
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

I agree with your quest 100% ImmortalA1000 and am no fan of AndreasM. Which is why I want you to be 100% sure you are correct in your assumption that he supplies illegal kickstart roms and workbench images. I would suggest contacting Cloanto rather than A.Inc though. A.Inc are so incompetent they would probably sue the 1990 German world cup side by mistake.
Old 07 July 2009, 16:53   #25
Rabbit80
Its hard being famous!

Since copyright was originally coined to give the creator an artificial monopoly of the market for their product, and lasted just 10 years, I think that the "piracy" of old Amiga games is simply following the spirit of the law as it was supposed to be. It is only because of greedy music / film / disney executives that copyright law has become the farce it is today!
Old 07 July 2009, 23:32   #26
ImmortalA1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_hairy_bootson View Post
I agree with your quest 100% ImmortalA1000 and am no fan of AndreasM. Which is why I want you to be 100% sure you are correct in your assumption that he supplies illegal kickstart roms and workbench images. I would suggest contacting Cloanto rather than A.Inc though. A.Inc are so incompetent they would probably sue the 1990 German world cup side by mistake.
I have plenty of spare time, I will track down Cloanto as well no problem.

The guy intimidates people for things he doesn't even have a copyright claim too from what I heard, pure dirt needs bringing down a peg or two I think somehow.
Old 17 July 2009, 16:50   #27
AndreasM

@ImmortalA1000

Why you lie?

On the CD are no UAE and no Workbench or Kickstart-Files.

And wen never write on any place that this files are on this CD.

But we write: "With UAE-Emulator and installed Amiga Workbench you can use the CD on PC, too."
Old 14 November 2009, 08:31   #28
ImmortalA1000

I am shedding light on your obtuse personality and less than honest ebay business tactics pure and simple.

We have now acquired your 'collections' and all 15 of us will be reviewing them for copyright infringements on a microscopic level.

Why?

Because I know exactly which loophole of Ebay you use to get other sellers banned/restricted on ebay simple as that. If you don't like people acting like this perhaps you should stop yourself and act like a decent amiable intelligent human being....until then I will find a way to stop you as well and the only things on YOUR crappy low quality unimaginative compilations should be the crap games you personally have 100% copyright too.

I know for a fact what you have done and to which ebay members you have done it. personally I am surprised you haven't been banned....the Amiga was a machine for decent people NOT people with your bi-polar attitude and dodgy business mentality in the face of SUPERIOR products.

You are the unwanted child at the birthday party who just doesn't get the fact nobody really likes you or wants you here.

For the uninitiated : This person actively enforces his 'might' via ebay.de to sell his slapdash compilations of other peoples copyrighted games no doubt without 1000s of signed agreements to do so on spartan discs by IGNORING the removal by other sellers of his crap from their compilations. Scum pure and simple or just plain dumb...hey it rhymes but it's not very funny...nor is he

Last edited by ImmortalA1000; 14 November 2009 at 08:33. Reason: clarification
Old 14 November 2009, 13:13   #29
skateblind
Village Idiot

When you have proof of any wrong doing, then post, I don't like all this fighting and mud slinging. I am not a fan of AM, but it sounds to me you might have been one of those ebay sellers you were talking about and now you just want to get revenge, even if it is unjust.

Throwing accusations around with absolutely no proof is not the way to go, good luck with the search though.
AdSense AdSense