English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 26 March 2011, 14:48   #101
AmigaDave
Since 1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methanoid View Post
Some Guy at Amiga.org posted he has bought one of these boards. How the heck? There's been no announcement of going on sale has there?
MikeJ mentioned that at least one board had been sent to jakub and I think that boards from the first ten produced may have gone to other developers for beta testing. MikeJ had a list of people that had shown interest in buying one of the first ten boards from an earlier thread on one of the forum sites, so it is probable that this guy is one of those persons that made it onto that list of people that wanted to buy from the first production run.

It should not be too long before the 50 boards are ready from the second production run and unless MikeJ already has a list of 50 people waiting for all of those, there should be some available for anyone that is not already on the list to purchase. I suggest that anyone that wants one should send MikeJ an email, or PMail and ask to be placed on the list of people to contact when they are ready to be sold.

Forgive me MikeJ if you want to handle it some other way.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 28 March 2011, 14:45   #102
fpgaarcade

Thanks Dave.
Here is the story.

I have parts to build 54 RevB boards. I got the first 10 built, and they work well, but the spacing between the DVI and audio jack is a bit tight. That I could live with, but I made a mistake with the SVHS output circuit - it can be modified on the board, but I am not doing that for 100s of cards.

So, I made a pretty tough decision to scrap the unmounted PCBs and fix the problem. This is happening now.

At the same time, 8 of these first boards have gone out to beta testers to make sure the hardware is stable. The core is not really ready for general release yet, so I can only cope with a few testers.

If all goes well then I will build 44 RevB(2) boards in a few weeks. If they test out fine, they become available for general sale.

There is no point announcing or taking money before you have a product, although I hear that things are normally done a little differently around these parts
Cheers,
Mike
Old 29 March 2011, 08:03   #103
AmigaDave
Since 1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpgaarcade View Post
Thanks Dave.
Here is the story..............

If all goes well then I will build 44 RevB(2) boards in a few weeks. If they test out fine, they become available for general sale.

There is no point announcing or taking money before you have a product, although I hear that things are normally done a little differently around these parts
Cheers,
Mike
Just because some other companies or individuals that try to sell products to the Amiga community don't do things right, doesn't mean we want you to change anything from what you have been doing so far. Edit: I am not suggesting anyone, or any company in particular. I was thinking more about a particular company that took $50 of mine years ago and returned nothing.

Keep up the great work and thanks again for being so clear and often with your project updates. Too bad you had to scrap that amount of PCB's, but I am sure it is for the best and is a testament to your dedication for quality production. Others might have tried to sell the defective, or less than perfect boards and just correct the problem after they were sold for the next production run.

Last edited by AmigaDave; 29 March 2011 at 08:11.
Old 12 April 2011, 07:01   #104
AmigaDave
Since 1987

It's been about two weeks since your last post MikeJ, anything new to report?

How is the testing going? Has Jakub finished building his 060 daughtercard yet and begun testing of it with all the components installed? Are you close to having the 44 boards finished, or are you still working on completing their production?

I don't mean to push, just curious about what is happening now.
Old 12 April 2011, 18:03   #105
yaqube

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaDave View Post
Has Jakub finished building his 060 daughtercard yet and begun testing of it with all the components installed?
The daughter board is almost fully assembled (only Ethernet components have not been mounted yet). The CPU interface is functional. The rev. 6 CPU I have got is able to work stable even when clocked at 102.8 MHz.

Now I'm working on the USB interface.
Old 12 April 2011, 19:44   #106
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

Send a message via Skype™ to mfilos
WOW! That's outstanding news mate!
Awesome stuff. I can't wait \o/
Old 13 April 2011, 00:07   #107
fpgaarcade

I've been travelling and finalising the production data / PCB.
Very boring ..... should get back to the fun stuff end of this week.
/MikeJ
Old 13 April 2011, 10:03   #108
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

I've put aside my funds for the Replay board itself but now Jakub's daughterboard has me all excited again. Is this going to be going into production and if so what sort of cost (with or without 68060/100mhz)? I think I'm going to need to hide some more funds from the wife!!!
Old 13 April 2011, 17:58   #109
chiark
Needs a life

Very, very cool

Like Methanoid, I am squirrelling away moolah for this. very much looking forward to it!

Anything I can do to help?
Old 14 April 2011, 01:58   #110
gehtjanx
WINNING

Hello,

All I want to say: it's great. Waiting for core update (composite) + source, later in future there should also be a new bootlaoder, as this only supports the Amiga AGA core.

gehtjanx
Old 14 April 2011, 03:13   #111
gibs
Banned

I also want one of the 50 in the second batch ! send me a message when it's ready pleeaaaaasse !!
Old 14 April 2011, 09:58   #112
AmigaDave
Since 1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaqube View Post
The daughter board is almost fully assembled (only Ethernet components have not been mounted yet). The CPU interface is functional. The rev. 6 CPU I have got is able to work stable even when clocked at 102.8 MHz.

Now I'm working on the USB interface.
Have you seen the 133MHz FE 68060 that the Natami team has mounted on at least two of their 68060 daughtercards? It is some kind of 68EC060 without an FPU, or MMU, but finding information about this surface mount 68060 has proven difficult. It is apparently only available from Chinese distributors and they don't have any spec sheets for this chip. I don't know if the 133MHz chip is of any interest to you or MikeJ. Since it is surface mount, it would take a redesign to use it in place of the socketed 68060 chips on the current daughtercard design.
Old 14 April 2011, 10:48   #113
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

Send a message via Skype™ to mfilos
AFAIK the team will deliver the boards without an 060 CPU. So it's better to start hoarding some 060's
(A Rev.6 is waiting patiently @ my desk lol)
Old 14 April 2011, 12:47   #114
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfilos View Post
So it's better to start hoarding some 060's
I got a tray of (untested) 7E41J 060's here. Might soon have some way of testing them.
Old 14 April 2011, 14:47   #115
fpgaarcade

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
I got a tray of (untested) 7E41J 060's here. Might soon have some way of testing them.
Maybe we can come to a deal...
Old 15 April 2011, 01:26   #116
ajacocks

Put me down as another person who'd like to get in on the ordering when the FPGAArcade is available.

Amazing work!
Old 17 April 2011, 09:02   #117
AmigaDave
Since 1987

Quote:
Are you willing to sell one? (preferably after it is tested)?
Old 17 April 2011, 22:16   #118
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

If I had a way of testing them, they'd be sold already.
Old 19 April 2011, 08:16   #119
AmigaDave
Since 1987

Quote:
If I had a way of testing them, they'd be sold already.
Where did you get them from and were they listed as working pulls from old equipment, or sold as untested and buy at your own risk? If you are pretty sure that they all work, I would be willing to trust your judgment and take a chance that one would work for me.

I could test them all for you in my Cyberstorm accelerator, one at a time?
Old 19 April 2011, 15:35   #120
gibs
Banned

I also have the last build of the 060 on my desk waiting for this FPGA Arcade !!

Althrought I own a Minimig, now I can't wait anymore...
AdSense AdSense