English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 18 April 2009, 16:49   #21
PWLM
He found it at the zoo..
PWLM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Townsville / Australia
Posts: 151
Send a message via Skype™ to PWLM
Truly gross. Cloanto can go fcuk themselves, no one buys Amiga Forever so why would anyone buy a C64 emu when you don't need to 'illegally' download KS roms? What a bunch of crap.
PWLM is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
Old 18 April 2009, 16:51   #22
Marcuz
Wurk???
Marcuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: .
Age: 41
Posts: 5,185
my... why stop there? why not to shoot also cats because they parasitize the world?

seriously, are you considering that noone is forcing you to buy anything?
Marcuz is offline  
Old 18 April 2009, 17:55   #23
gizmomelb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: melbourne
Age: 48
Posts: 510
people will buy this because they will assume that it is a legit way to buy and play retro C64 games, that and ignorance of the emulation scene and where to download emulators and games.

not to mention that the casual gamer wanting to play something from their youth it is easier and faster for them to buy an easy to install / use setup than tool around finding, downloading, configuring and then figuring out / remembering how to use it from a freeware site.

people are lazy and ignorant, that's why packs like this exist and will always exist.
gizmomelb is offline  
Old 18 April 2009, 17:59   #24
Fingerlickin_B
Amiga Nut
Fingerlickin_B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Belco, Australia
Posts: 2,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmomelb View Post
people will buy this because they will assume that it is a legit way to buy and play retro C64 games, that and ignorance of the emulation scene and where to download emulators and games.

people are lazy and ignorant, that's why packs like this exist and will always exist.
Insert clapping emoticon here...

PZ.
Fingerlickin_B is offline  
Old 18 April 2009, 18:48   #25
Sensi
Unregistered User
Sensi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: N/A
Posts: 1,644
Another reason why they buy this is the obsession to have everything related to their fav gaming machine. Its like LOTR mania, books about movies, books about JRRT books, cards. Collectors
Sensi is offline  
Old 20 April 2009, 13:37   #26
asm1
Registered User
asm1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Age: 37
Posts: 637
Balls to them (Cloanto) if I want a C64 I'll emulate one on my Miggy ..... true retro

If people want to pay for it they will... if they don't then they wont. Simple.
asm1 is offline  
Old 20 April 2009, 13:50   #27
musashi5150
move.w #$4489,$dff07e
musashi5150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Norfolk, UK
Age: 36
Posts: 2,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco pedrana View Post
why not to shoot also cats because they parasitize the world?
Whoah whoah whoah.... I think you're out of order there
musashi5150 is offline  
Old 20 April 2009, 14:00   #28
whiteb
Fanatically Amiga.

whiteb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Age: 48
Posts: 1,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco pedrana View Post
my... why stop there? why not to shoot also cats because they parasitize the world?
What do cats have to do about a product being released by Cloanto ?

Majority of problems with cats are because the owners are brainless drongo's who dont care about what happens.

I own cats and do the right thing by them and I take offense to the comment Marco, out of line and off topic (For a moderator).
whiteb is offline  
Old 20 April 2009, 14:00   #29
Marcuz
Wurk???
Marcuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: .
Age: 41
Posts: 5,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by musashi5150 View Post
Whoah whoah whoah.... I think you're out of order there
guess you are right, after all it's us who parasitize cats


whiteb... it was sarcasm, the only thing that it gets to me when i read stuff about shooting people because they sell legally a software.
Marcuz is offline  
Old 20 April 2009, 14:07   #30
discomeats
Just add brown sauce.
discomeats's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: North East Englandland
Posts: 170
can we shoot people who sell illegally a software?

you know, those ones who just... claim they own it because of laws they made up in their head?

can we?

*loads shotgun* please?

discomeats is offline  
Old 20 April 2009, 14:28   #31
Marcuz
Wurk???
Marcuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: .
Age: 41
Posts: 5,185
no "we" can't. nor anybody else, it's the law, luckily.
i don't want to be a moralist here, just to say, c'mon get real.
you can already damage any company by not buying their product, and to express and make known the other choices available.

to vote, so to speak, for the closing of a company is as bad as it would be if they were forcing you to buy their product, and this is not even that case.

you don't like C64 Forevere? don't buy it and that's it.

but to say that nobody should because there are already other free options?
well let me ask you, if walking is free, why people want to get on the bus? you say walking is healtier and therefore you should cut the buses' tires?
Marcuz is offline  
Old 20 April 2009, 14:40   #32
Rixa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Tampere / Finland
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWLM View Post
why would anyone buy a C64 emu when you don't need to 'illegally' download KS roms? What a bunch of crap.
I don't claim to know what C64 Forever is all about and I don't like Cloanto much, but not for the same reasons as all the hate on this board.

That being said I'm not sure I understand the point above. C64 and the other platforms emulated by VICE and even the various disk drives supported all have rom chips in them with system code. The code is widely - but probably improperly - available, and the upstream VICE packages even includes it. The rom files are removed in things like Debian, though, and the emulator won't work without them.

Meanwhile, I did once ask Cloanto if they have license to distribute the various games they ship and they answered that apart from the possible exception of the cracker intros themselves they do. Is there something blatantly obvious in there that they're shipping improperly in spite of what they say?
Rixa is offline  
Old 20 April 2009, 14:46   #33
humble worm
Registered User
humble worm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: BP/Poland
Age: 39
Posts: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco pedrana View Post
well let me ask you, if walking is free, why people want to get on the bus?
Because bus is X times faster than legs and you wont get tired.

It's rather like free ride vs ride with ticket. Even if the ticket is falsified some may still feel a bit more comfortable with the worthless piece of paper in the pocket
humble worm is offline  
Old 20 April 2009, 14:50   #34
TCD
Registered User

TCD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 39
Posts: 24,032
Guys, look at the second post in this thread and there is the answer why this C64 Forever isn't really worth buying. If there wasn't anything for the 'I don't want to mess around with emus' user I would understand the point, but there are already 'free buses', so why pay for one?
TCD is offline  
Old 20 April 2009, 14:53   #35
Marcuz
Wurk???
Marcuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: .
Age: 41
Posts: 5,185
yeah i'm not saying C64 forever is worth buying (albeit Gamebase is years due an interface rehaul imho), but it's not worth throwing tantrums either!
Marcuz is offline  
Old 20 April 2009, 14:54   #36
humble worm
Registered User
humble worm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: BP/Poland
Age: 39
Posts: 745
Heh, there are also other possibilities... friend of mine has told me recently that the conception of paying for... love turns him on. maybe c64 forever is made for guys like him
humble worm is offline  
Old 20 April 2009, 15:21   #37
discomeats
Just add brown sauce.
discomeats's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: North East Englandland
Posts: 170
the "royal we" it seems, is misunderstood, as is poor quality jokes...

vote to close company? not what I typed, not "so to speak", but actually *not* what I typed

and as for damaging a company by not buying their product and making note of other choices available.. no. that's an illogical assertion, selling a product that a market in the main does not require is a company's own fault, it's most absolutely not any non-consumers, any damage that results is down to the company's poor marketing strategy of dipping their toes into a saturated area that has competition that is free. Now they may have a good marketing angle and it could well work in their case, but in my opinion it seems somewhat redundant.

Are you going to say to everyone who doesn't care for this project "nobody is forcing you to buy it" ?

I remember people saying that when ridiculously overpriced "new amiga" boards came out...
discomeats is offline  
Old 20 April 2009, 15:33   #38
Sensi
Unregistered User
Sensi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: N/A
Posts: 1,644
Some people wanna buy collection of games which are available for free download on net, some people dont wanna buy them and dont understand why others want to. Full stop?
Sensi is offline  
Old 20 April 2009, 16:55   #39
Xytec
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 102
Coming next 'Dehydrated Water', just add a pint of water to it, and you get a pint of refreshing drink, only 2.50 a pack from Cloanto
Xytec is offline  
Old 20 April 2009, 17:04   #40
Akira
Registered User

Akira's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: New York
Posts: 18,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xytec View Post
Coming next 'Dehydrated Water', just add a pint of water to it, and you get a pint of refreshing drink, only 2.50 a pack from Cloanto
Put me down the preorder line with an order of a 12 pack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Akira is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cloanto's Amiga Forever Emu Amiga project.ClassicWB 9 22 June 2012 13:57
Amiga Forever and C64 Forever Live Video Meetup mcb News 1 30 May 2009 20:09
Cloanto and Amiga Forever alexh Amiga scene 13 01 October 2006 13:09
clock in cloanto amiga forever... zACK! support.WinUAE 2 08 April 2006 21:36
Cloanto Ami Forever 3.0 VS Cloanto Ami Forever 5.0 xamigax New to Emulation or Amiga scene 4 23 April 2002 15:52

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Page generated in 0.34427 seconds with 11 queries