English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 02 May 2002, 03:51   #41

Geez, who could say a thread with a "stupid question" about how to reset an amiga would have so many replies
AdSense AdSense  
Old 02 May 2002, 10:56   #42

Going a bit too far, or am I?

Oh no, what have I begun? You're all insane!!!!

Let's get serious for a moment:

While we're all analysing "the hand" and it's valid connection to Amiga orientation, geography, quantum mechanics and artistic merit, ever noticed it's connection to either the supernatural or possessing origins not of this earth?

It may be just me, but that hand holding the disk looks like no human hand I've ever seen. It's pure white, 2D and it's shape appears fuzzy and distorted as if it's phasing in and out of our reality. Even the bottom of the hand is cut off, or so it appears. I believe it's simply reaching out of the screen from another dimension!

Stick with me on this one. Let's look at facts:

If commodore had meant that hand to be human, they would've:

a) chosen a 3D representation

b) not chosen white, but cycled hand colours in order to be politically correct

c) wouldn’t have made the hand look like “the thing” out of the Adams Family because if it was meant to be a true representation of a human cut off hand they would have infringed copyright.

That's why I believe that a being of pure white light from another 2D alternate reality who posses intelligence beyond our comprehension sanctioned the Amiga due to it's superb design. As a mark of respect, Commodore placed a portrayal of this being in the Kickstart 1.3 ROM in order to act as a doorway, a sort of "plan B" escape route if things went wrong in the future.

My belief is soon (in the Amiga's next coming) we'll have some kind of Temporal Anomaly showing up on 1.3 machines that shifts the timeline in favour of the Amiga, all due to "the hand"!

It will be a great day Amiga brothers, your silicon preacher "Bloodwych" has spoken. The day will come. Tell this to all your kiddies (preferable around a camp fire).

In order to encourage this great second Amiga coming or "the rebirth of fattest agnus" as I like to call it, you'll be pleased to know that I accept all donations and in return I'm supplying "the hand" TM t-shirts. - the symbol of Amiga hope.

Stare longingly into the picture above. Honour thy hand, make the temporal anomaly happen. Wish power upon the WB 1.3. Lose yourself within its charms. Believe.

I thank you. :welcome

PS - Remember, with the "the hand" money speaks louder than words. Open the Amiga's future, pm me now with your donation.

Did I mention money?

did I say:

Last edited by Bloodwych; 02 May 2002 at 11:23.
Old 02 May 2002, 11:49   #43

I've been reborn in a new wave of Amiga faith!!!

My last post inspired me to such an extent that I've talked myself into getting a new avatar and descriptive label!

Please all welcome Bloodwych, "Amiga Preacher" and gateway to the silicon prophets!

Getting rid of good old Murlock Darkheart from Bloodwych was a huge move, but he's made way for the new symbol of Amiga hope that now shines from my every post.

Welcome fellow brothers of the EAB. Join me and:

Hail "the hand" TM!!!!!!

<= *silent cry for*
Old 02 May 2002, 15:11   #44
Howdy, Preacher man.

(It'll never last...)
Old 02 May 2002, 16:27   #45
Maybe it just want you to show it the disk? Apparently there's no indication that it should go into the disk drive. That's just us imagining it. There's no disk drive on the screen is there? Art though it may be I think you might have to mirror the image almost completely to your monitor. That's right. Find out which hand to hold it in to be able to mirror it exactly so when you press your hand against the monitor thumb nail meets thumb nail. I'm thinking it would be right hand you need to twist a bit to have the back of the hand turned away from the monitor.

Could be art though.
Old 07 May 2002, 23:24   #46
My elbow tastes of icky

Just thought I'd pop in and put your minds at rest - I managed to get the reset combo working in the end. Now hands up who hasn't been losing sleep over this.

I didn't realise you had to hold down all three keys for a few seconds before it would reboot. I thought a quick flick of the wrist would be enough but obviously not. It looks like I'll have to keep searching for the envelope marked 'Amiga knowledge' in the deep, dark recesses of my mind.
Old 08 May 2002, 00:06   #47
Usually a quick press of the three works for me.
AdSense AdSense