English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

View Poll Results: Is this OK for a new BBoAH?
Urgs 5 38.46%
OK.....but: 2 15.38%
OK 6 46.15%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14 February 2009, 19:05   #21
musashi5150
move.w #$4489,$dff07e

I dislike the new layout so I still prefer to use the out of date www.amiga-hardware.com instead. It's just not as clear and easy to use as the old site.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 15 February 2009, 11:40   #22
novamann

Quote:
Originally Posted by musashi5150 View Post
I dislike the new layout so I still prefer to use the out of date www.amiga-hardware.com instead. It's just not as clear and easy to use as the old site.
You are right. I would like to have 2 frames instead of one site, too. But I'm no programmer and I had to take an existing programm and tried to make it as much as possible looking like the old.

Now it's a BBoAH running everywhere. Thats one of the reasons why I did it. Have you seen the new features? Everyone can work on the BBoAH now for to make new translations.The world is not only German and English.

The next thintg I want to change is the large categories to HW specific sub-categories. Look at RAM Expansios. 9! sites. This soft can handle sub-categories like RAM Expansions--> a500, A600 and so on. This will make it much easier to search something specific.

I know it is not perfect and some of you don't like it. The other main-reasons were: 1. PERL is not running everywhere. 2. It's not very easy to work on the database.

The new is PHP-based, that makes it much easier to run everywhere. The new also is much more safer. The home-site amiga-resistance was already hacked a few times, so call me a psycho, but I'm on a "make it as safe as possible" trip.

If anyone has specific suggestions what could be changed feel free to post. And if anyone with more knowledge as I have (quite easy ) wants to help feel free to contact me.

regards
novamann
Old 16 February 2009, 01:49   #23
Smiley
Amiga-less!

I always preferred http://amiga.resource.cx/

No offence...
Old 16 February 2009, 02:14   #24
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by novamann View Post
Hi @ all,

I made some changes. What do you think about?

www.bboah.com

regards
novamann
Quote:
Originally Posted by musashi5150 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
I always preferred http://amiga.resource.cx/

No offence...
Hi All,

When I'm searching for information I will take the "any port in a storm" approach. Therefore I like ALL these sites.

prowler
Old 16 February 2009, 02:23   #25
Smiley
Amiga-less!

I also think the 'views' under each piece of hardware should be removed. They make it harder to scan through the lists and are, to me, a useless piece of information.
Old 22 February 2009, 01:39   #26
novamann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetr0 View Post
@Novamann

I have a lot of hope for this project, it will certainly bring the BBoAH up todate in web technology terms, I would like to see a multi-national approach with a selectable english / german / spanish etc.

This project is a long time comming for BBoAH I wish you the best of luck with it
Hi,
we're just started to translate to polish.

Any translation to any language that is listed in the bboah translation form can be done. But we're looking for help. If you want to make a translation please use www.bboah.de. It's just difficult to manage entries in 2 databases.

regards
novamann
Old 22 February 2009, 12:06   #27
frost242

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
I also think the 'views' under each piece of hardware should be removed. They make it harder to scan through the lists and are, to me, a useless piece of information.
+1
It's impossible to get a clear view of the content.
Old 25 March 2009, 09:58   #28
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

The search is particularly bad on the new BBOAH to the point of unusable (plus the search text box is not well placed).

Example... search for "Sync Dongle". I know this is a record in BBoAH because I have edited it in the past. It appears no-where in the new search.

Use the old search and it is number one in the results.
AdSense AdSense