English Amiga Board Amiga Lore


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 22 January 2009, 23:16   #21
pubzombie
Registered User

pubzombie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: westmids
Posts: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by amigakit.com View Post
EasyADF fully supports ADZ as standard.

It supports LHA as well.
so i dont need an unzip tool? it will convert to adf without using one?
Pz
pubzombie is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
Old 22 January 2009, 23:20   #22
amigakit.com
Registered User

amigakit.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: www.amigakit.com
Posts: 1,706
Yes, no unzip tool required. EasyADF is a comprehensive utility.
amigakit.com is offline  
Old 31 January 2011, 17:15   #23
Mick
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: England
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
Then perhaps this German text comes from the CF card's firmware?
It's from the ADAPCMCFL software on the EasyADF disk used to read from PCMCIA the adapter, it all appears to be in English but the locale defaults to German from what I can tell.

I've just tried using my Transcend 4GB CF in the PCMIA slot and it doesn't seem to work, things just lockup when I insert it and I get the error pubzombie states in the original post as soon as I try to remove it, the Sandisk CF that I originally got from Amigakit doesn't have such problems.
Mick is offline  
Old 31 January 2011, 17:26   #24
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

FOL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Barry / UK
Age: 39
Posts: 5,565
Send a message via MSN to FOL Send a message via Skype™ to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
It's from the ADAPCMCFL software on the EasyADF disk used to read from PCMCIA the adapter, it all appears to be in English but the locale defaults to German from what I can tell.

I've just tried using my Transcend 4GB CF in the PCMIA slot and it doesn't seem to work, things just lockup when I insert it and I get the error pubzombie states in the original post as soon as I try to remove it, the Sandisk CF that I originally got from Amigakit doesn't have such problems.
Nothing to do with EasyADF.
Its the FAT95 filesystem, im guessing the author was German. Hence the German text.
FOL is offline  
Old 01 February 2011, 01:12   #25
prowler
Global Moderator

prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sidcup, England
Posts: 10,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
Nothing to do with EasyADF.
Its the FAT95 filesystem, im guessing the author was German. Hence the German text.
Do we finally have the definitive answer? Have you found the German text embedded in FAT95 filesystem, so you're guessing the author was German, ...or are you guessing that the FAT95 filesystem author was German, and that would explain the German text if it actually is in the FAT95 filesystem?
prowler is offline  
Old 01 February 2011, 02:24   #26
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

FOL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Barry / UK
Age: 39
Posts: 5,565
Send a message via MSN to FOL Send a message via Skype™ to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
Do we finally have the definitive answer? Have you found the German text embedded in FAT95 filesystem, so you're guessing the author was German, ...or are you guessing that the FAT95 filesystem author was German, and that would explain the German text if it actually is in the FAT95 filesystem?
Lost me, thought my answer was definitive.

Its in the FAT95 filesystem, easy way to reproduce.
Copy something to CF, while copying, remove cf card.
FOL is offline  
Old 01 February 2011, 05:49   #27
zipper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: finland
Posts: 1,382
Fat95 should have english, german, french, spanish, hungarian, polish and russian versions; I think mine speaks german.
zipper is offline  
Old 01 February 2011, 07:54   #28
thomas
Registered User
thomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 5,526
FAT95 is German by default but can be changed by the install_fat95 program which is contained in each language directory of the archive.
thomas is offline  
Old 01 February 2011, 21:23   #29
prowler
Global Moderator

prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sidcup, England
Posts: 10,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
FAT95 is German by default but can be changed by the install_fat95 program which is contained in each language directory of the archive.
THAT's the definitive answer. Thanks, Thomas!
prowler is offline  
Old 08 February 2011, 23:37   #30
pubzombie
Registered User

pubzombie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: westmids
Posts: 814
Thanx guys
my threads never die on a good forum
pubzombie is offline  
Old 16 February 2011, 21:59   #31
kipper2k
Registered User

 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Thunder Bay, Canada
Posts: 3,489
Hi All,

i just had this problem with the german error message on all of my 4GB and 8gb cf cards, after a bit of internet trolling i found the solution...

http://aminet.net/package/disk/misc/cfd

apparently the newer CF cards need the updated drivers. I was quite puzzled when an old 64mb CF card worked but not the newer bigger cards, once i replaced the files on the A1200 with the ones in the link everything worked fine. Installing the drivers from the amigakit disc didnt fix it either, i'll have to check the version of drivers on that disc when i get home from work.

My 8GB Fat32 card gets recognised perfectly now
kipper2k is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Easy ADF question Kenan support.Hardware 2 06 June 2013 19:27
Easy ADF V1.72 issue ***help me plz*** D4Ni3L3 support.Apps 1 21 October 2009 17:50
I got easy adf working :) thanx amigakit.co.uk pubzombie New to Emulation or Amiga scene 1 15 January 2009 22:45
easy ADF pcmcia tranfer kit question pubzombie New to Emulation or Amiga scene 1 30 December 2008 23:24
An easy ADF problem for you!! Pixel support.Apps 7 05 April 2002 22:21

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 15:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Page generated in 0.22108 seconds with 12 queries