English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 27 December 2008, 01:28   #21
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclaw View Post
If you like space strategy, try K240, ahhhh what a game :P... love it... played it till my disks broke way back as a kid....
Yup, thanks IC, that be another-another game on me list

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
There you go, mate. Now you see that we've got you in the right frame of mind for this.
Yeah, I'll finish the game especially for you guys, you phreaking spamming trolls, you...
AdSense AdSense  
Old 27 December 2008, 01:29   #22
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL Send a message via Skype™ to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5h00n4y View Post
Yeah, I'll finish the game especially for you guys, you phreaking spamming trolls, you...
Thats what we are here for, .
Old 27 December 2008, 01:31   #23
Shoonay
Global Caturator

lol, and count me in too!
Old 27 December 2008, 01:32   #24
coze
hastala vista winny vista

Send a message via ICQ to coze Send a message via Yahoo to coze
lol I sucked at millenium fighter sequence so bad I always stock up on orbital lasers

there was one point you couldn't use the laser though ... I cursed so bad but I passed it in the end

deuteros intro is indeed great. Too bad I didn't notice it till I finished the game always clicking to get to the game anxiously (impatient youth ...)

k240 is also a great great game ... I didn't realise its depth at first, you have too many options to choose from and build a winning strategy by combining them. Wonderful game, they just don't make those kind of games these days
Old 27 December 2008, 01:36   #25
TCD

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
Thats what we are here for, .
Where's the bridge?
Glad you found some guys who gave you some valuable hints for the game *sticks the notes into his pocket*
Old 27 December 2008, 01:45   #26
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Quote:
Originally Posted by coze View Post
lol I sucked at millenium fighter sequence so bad I always stock up on orbital lasers
Is this really THAT difficult? Just seen on LemonAmiga that you could make it extremely easy with the use of a joystick... I'll try that maybe, but that would be a cheat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Where's the bridge?
No, I'm not paying you the toll again TCD, not for the 5th time this year!
Old 27 December 2008, 01:49   #27
TCD

Quote:
No, I'm not paying you the toll again TCD, not for the 5th time this year!
Okay, I can live with that... this time
Old 27 December 2008, 02:05   #28
Hohiro

Quote:
Is this really THAT difficult? Just seen on LemonAmiga that you could make it extremely easy with the use of a joystick... I'll try that maybe, but that would be a cheat...
With Joystick the fighter sequence is very easy, so don't build too many at the start. As already mentioned, key in the start is building quite some grazers and sending them to asteroids to get alot of needed minerals for bigger things.

This game still is one of my alltime favourites, really great atmosphere and fun. If you want you can get some hints where to send your probes to as it takes quite some time to reach some far away planets and its a bit frustrating if you dont find one to colonize or if you are near the end and just miss that one needed material that only one colony out there can mine

Old 27 December 2008, 04:32   #29
Adropac2
Zone Friend

Quote:
Yes, thanks cozey, that's my plan exactly - to finish the big trio of space strategies (Millenium, Deuteros and K240) in the near few weeks (months? ).
Back in the days I've only had Supremacy, which was way too easy, and Reunion, which was way too adventurous and time-based

Utopia perhaps?
I too want to finish those you mention starting with M2.2 and then onto Deutros which i already adore having playing it a while back.Utopia and then K240 would seem the next step

Love to get into UFO but i don't think my brain could take it - even my trying to learn programming seems easier.It does look very good though UFO
Old 27 December 2008, 06:26   #30
coze
hastala vista winny vista

Send a message via ICQ to coze Send a message via Yahoo to coze
everything in its right place. UFO at Amiga is just a painful experience ... There's a very good chance you will hit a bug and get stuck too ... It's best with a DosBox
Old 27 December 2008, 07:08   #31
Adropac2
Zone Friend

I have been warned then.Well at the rate i go through games these days, i'll unlikely ever reach UFO anyways.But certainly those four mentioned already i would like to get through at some stage, with possibly UFO eventually getting played - i'm bear in mind what you say though and try the PC version
Old 27 December 2008, 13:13   #32
Shoonay
Global Caturator

@Andropac2: damn, right, Utopia! [ Show youtube player ]? lol

UFO's a nice game, but what's even better IMHO is the 2nd part - UFO 2 / XCOM: Terror from the Deep.
Love the much detailed graphics
Old 27 December 2008, 13:26   #33
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
@Andropac2: damn, right, Utopia! [ Show youtube player ]? lol
I agree, spent along time playing that game, Utopia was great game, good music to. The intro music was ..... I mean is awesome even today.
Old 28 December 2008, 02:05   #34
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Just build a FLEET CARRIER, saved, and with 10 FIGHTERs inside "invaded" MARS.
And died.
God damn, the arcade space 3d shmup mode suxx :/
Tried it with a joystick and it was even more random circling-around.. WTF?
(btw: am I getting close to the end? )

Last edited by Shoonay; 28 December 2008 at 02:23.
Old 28 December 2008, 03:46   #35
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Phew... finished.
That battle on Mars was so much easier when playing in WHDLOAD PAL NOMMU NOCACHE mode
I enjoyed the rest of the game in NTSC MMU CACHE, which was so smooth, so fast, so fullscreen...
From then the game become pretty boring, the events were obviously time-based, the search and long trip to the only (was it?) planet that had chromium was annoying and the FINAL final battle with the Martians was a joke which I ignored.

Nice game, took me 3 to 5 hours, it's probably even easier then Supremacy.
No difficulty levels, probably no way to die... yet pretty frightening when some colony is under attack or the Martian Flu is spreading

Now I'm off to have some sleep, and tomorrow - Deuteros time :]
Again, here's my request for a few starters advice.
What to do, what to watch for, how to not die
Thanks and g'night
Old 28 December 2008, 04:14   #36
BlueAchenar
Not dead yet!!! :D

I have both Millennium and Deuteros original disks. Have to remember to HD install and play them again some day.
Old 28 December 2008, 14:00   #37
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Phew... finished.
That battle on Mars was so much easier when playing in WHDLOAD PAL NOMMU NOCACHE mode
I enjoyed the rest of the game in NTSC MMU CACHE, which was so smooth, so fast, so fullscreen...
From then the game become pretty boring, the events were obviously time-based, the search and long trip to the only (was it?) planet that had chromium was annoying and the FINAL final battle with the Martians was a joke which I ignored.

Nice game, took me 3 to 5 hours, it's probably even easier then Supremacy.
No difficulty levels, probably no way to die... yet pretty frightening when some colony is under attack or the Martian Flu is spreading

Now I'm off to have some sleep, and tomorrow - Deuteros time :]
Again, here's my request for a few starters advice.
What to do, what to watch for, how to not die
Thanks and g'night
lol, the fighter scenes are easy, with mouse. I never had any probs back in the day.

For deteros, ermmmmm, theres not many tips I can give without spoiling the plot. If anyone tells you how many places to go to, then they are evil.

The only starting tips would be concentrate on earth (and moon) first. You will know what I mean, once you start playing.
Old 28 December 2008, 14:21   #38
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Quote:
lol, the fighter scenes are easy, with mouse. I never had any probs back in the day.
Try it on a faster computah with those extra WHDLoad tooltypes and you will see how your skills got rusted
Quote:
For deteros, ermmmmm, theres not many tips I can give without spoiling the plot. If anyone tells you how many places to go to, then they are evil.

The only starting tips would be concentrate on earth (and moon) first. You will know what I mean, once you start playing.
Fair enough
This time I promise to read the manual, so no silly questions from me... promise!

From what I've read Deuteros has some much detailed descriptions and is easier to understand. Especially now, after Millennium.
Old 28 December 2008, 14:41   #39
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Quote:
Originally Posted by coze View Post
deuteros intro is indeed great. Too bad I didn't notice it till I finished the game always clicking to get to the game anxiously (impatient youth ...)
Erm, what intro? ...
Just loaded the whdloaded game 5 minutes ago, the logo animation came on and now it's on constant loop... is that it?
Old 28 December 2008, 14:44   #40
BlueAchenar
Not dead yet!!! :D

If you haven't played it before and haven't read spoilers, you're not gonna finish it today, I bet!
AdSense AdSense