English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 12 April 2002, 12:55   #1

M$ butt smooching by Amiga Inc.

I must admit I am not really into all the M$ butt smooching that Amiga Inc. is currently doing but I understand that they are trying to make money off of the Winblows users by selling them AmigaDE(Amiga Anywhere). Hopefully this in bed with satan tactic will not have to last too long, a year or two perhaps?

What does everyone else think?

Last edited by Pyromania; 13 April 2002 at 06:12.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 13 April 2002, 00:36   #2
HOL / AMR Team Member

As a software/OS company AI will have to do a little more than establish a net presence with periodic media releases or be seen briefly at computer/digital entertainment shows shaking hands with a few of the big boys. If they want true market penetration and recognition from the average PC or PDA user, then they will have to engage in aggressive open market advertising. Unfortunately, that costs a lot of money and AI's legacy has never had any great track record with successful advertising. In today's technology markets it really matters little how good your product is if it doesn't sell (it didn't matter in years past either- e.g. VHS vs Betacord, Amiga vs PC etc.). If AI does not learn from BeOS's mistakes and try to establish a significant real world presence, then they are probably doomed for failure.

In any case, the market that AI is trying to attract currently has no great interest for me. I don't own any PDA's, not even a mobile phone. I'm more interested in the activities of Eyetech, Hyperion, bPlan and MorphOS with respect to Amiga hardware/OS developments.
AdSense AdSense