English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 03 December 2008, 22:33   #21
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

Hungry Horace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: .
Age: 36
Posts: 2,478
hmm.. i wish there was a .rom file version available to buy by download a wee bit cheaper! i never use actual carts on my DS... there arent enough good commercial games to justify it imho.
Maybe i'll buy this just to support it the idea of converting Amiga games to new systems anyway!

(PSP would be nicer though....)
Hungry Horace is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
Old 03 December 2008, 22:38   #22
qwak
Game Developer
qwak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 78
Send a message via MSN to qwak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Horace View Post
hmm.. i wish there was a .rom file version available to buy by download a wee bit cheaper! i never use actual carts on my DS... there arent enough good commercial games to justify it imho.
Maybe i'll buy this just to support it the idea of converting Amiga games to new systems anyway!
.ROM file version? For Qwak GBA you mean?
qwak is offline  
Old 03 December 2008, 22:39   #23
qwak
Game Developer
qwak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 78
Send a message via MSN to qwak
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyJarrett View Post
I've added screenshots of the Qwak GBA and Windows conversions to the HOL entry:

http://hol.abime.net/2272/conversionshot
Ah that's mega cool, many thanks for the coverage and linky!!

Jamie.
qwak is offline  
Old 03 December 2008, 22:46   #24
TCD
Registered User

TCD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 39
Posts: 24,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwak View Post
.ROM file version? For Qwak GBA you mean?
Just found this interview with Jamie about the GBA version : http://www.modojo.com/features/20070314/212//3/
Since it seems to be never released, is it okay for you to link to the rom image for the interested people here?
TCD is offline  
Old 03 December 2008, 23:03   #25
qwak
Game Developer
qwak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 78
Send a message via MSN to qwak
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Just found this interview with Jamie about the GBA version : http://www.modojo.com/features/20070314/212//3/
Since it seems to be never released, is it okay for you to link to the rom image for the interested people here?
Hi There,

Yeah, actually, a few people have asked me about it, and I do know there is an unscanctioned (by me) version out there somewhere..

At some point, it is quite likely I will make the rom available (when the 300 carts have all gone) for download. I'll put a little donate button next to the download, people can donate if they want to, as they see fit.

There's a lot more I'd like to have done with Qwak. Well, the modernized version at least. I'm sure it could be a mega-fun game. I don't feel I've acheived all I want to with it, just yet.

I'd thought about making the levels a bit bigger, and making more of the puzzle element (traps, switches, secrets etc). Also, user created content would be pretty cool too.
qwak is offline  
Old 03 December 2008, 23:14   #26
TCD
Registered User

TCD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 39
Posts: 24,032
A level editor would be awesome Maybe if you've made the Nitro remake for bippy, you could add that content for both games
TCD is offline  
Old 03 December 2008, 23:44   #27
cane
Registered User
cane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: .hr
Age: 38
Posts: 539
There was already talk about Qwak GB port on EAB. But did you use that time nick cosmic4z, or that's someone else...
cane is offline  
Old 03 December 2008, 23:47   #28
TCD
Registered User

TCD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 39
Posts: 24,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by cane View Post
There was already talk about Qwak GB port on EAB. But did you use that time nick cosmic4z, or that's someone else...
Well, didn't we had some trouble with double accounts recently? Maybe there is a way to merge the two
TCD is offline  
Old 04 December 2008, 00:03   #29
qwak
Game Developer
qwak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 78
Send a message via MSN to qwak
Quote:
Originally Posted by cane View Post
There was already talk about Qwak GB port on EAB. But did you use that time nick cosmic4z, or that's someone else...
Hi Cane,

Yes, that was me too. Sorry, if I broke any rules, with 2 accounts. I don't use the old one, and it can can be merged or deleted, or left, I don't mind, so long as the management here are happy.

I finished the GBA port of Qwak some time back..

Cheers,
Jamie.
qwak is offline  
Old 04 December 2008, 00:04   #30
cane
Registered User
cane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: .hr
Age: 38
Posts: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Well, didn't we had some trouble with double accounts recently? Maybe there is a way to merge the two
And I was wondering who'll be the first to post something like this. Now let's see moderators in action
cane is offline  
Old 04 December 2008, 00:07   #31
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 41
Posts: 9,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwak View Post
Yes, that was me too. Sorry, if I broke any rules, with 2 accounts. I don't use the old one, and it can can be merged or deleted, or left, I don't mind, so long as the management here are happy.
Which account do you want to keep, cosmic4z or qwak?

We will need EAB's Administrator i.e. RCK to merge the accounts
DamienD is offline  
Old 04 December 2008, 00:09   #32
qwak
Game Developer
qwak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 78
Send a message via MSN to qwak
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Which account do you want to keep, cosmic4z or qwak?

We will need EAB's Administrator to merge the accounts
Hi Damien,

I'd like to keep this one (qwak).

You can do whatever suits you best, with the other one. Delete it, merge it with this, leave it alone. Whatever is best for you.

Cheers,
Jamie.
qwak is offline  
Old 04 December 2008, 00:11   #33
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 41
Posts: 9,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwak View Post
Hi Damien,

I'd like to keep this one (qwak).

You can do whatever suits you best, with the other one. Delete it, merge it with this, leave it alone. Whatever is best for you.

Cheers,
Jamie.
Cool, RCK will be able to merge all posts from "cosmic4z" into "qwak" and then remove the "cosmic4z" account. I'll PM him now for you
DamienD is offline  
Old 04 December 2008, 01:19   #34
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

Hungry Horace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: .
Age: 36
Posts: 2,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwak View Post
.ROM file version? For Qwak GBA you mean?
bit slow to reply, but yep. that's exactly what i meant.
Hungry Horace is offline  
Old 06 December 2008, 00:14   #35
qwak
Game Developer
qwak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 78
Send a message via MSN to qwak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Horace View Post
bit slow to reply, but yep. that's exactly what i meant.
Hi Hungry Horace,

Yes, as stated above, at some point I will probably make the rom image available on my site, with an optional PayPal donate button next to it.

If you're on the mailing list I'll release news of it, as and when it happens!

All the best to you,
Jamie.
qwak is offline  
Old 06 December 2008, 01:56   #36
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

Hungry Horace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: .
Age: 36
Posts: 2,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwak View Post
Hi Hungry Horace,

Yes, as stated above, at some point I will probably make the rom image available on my site, with an optional PayPal donate button next to it.

If you're on the mailing list I'll release news of it, as and when it happens!

sounds good, i'll get on that list then! there's no way i wouldnt donate to an active Amiga-loving developer!
Hungry Horace is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lamer News Ray Norrish Nostalgia & memories 11 15 October 2011 23:45
amiga-news.de: Collected software-news Paul News 0 14 November 2004 16:50
Any news? mortonfan project.WinUAE - Kaillera 4 24 October 2002 17:02
News of WinUAE 08.21.R4 Djay Amiga scene 2 18 May 2002 08:54
New WinUAE News Steve Amiga scene 4 09 May 2002 02:46

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Page generated in 0.32392 seconds with 11 queries