|09 November 2008, 19:04||#1|
Join Date: Aug 2001
WinUAE 1.5.3 released
As usual, post bugs reports, feature requests etc.. in other threads.
WinUAE 1.5.3 (09.11.2008)
Major 1.5.x bug fixes:
- Huge memory leak when switching between RTG and native modes.
- Writing to disk images didn't work in some games.
- Configuration cache missing files in subdirectories.
- Random freeze when switching to fullscreen modes that are smaller than desktop resolution.
- Second and third mouse/firebutton handling fix (Aladdin, BC.Kid and more)
Other bugs fixed:
- "Always on top", "No taskbar button" and fullscreen color depth change works on the fly.
- OpenGL fullscreen fixed.
- Parallel/Serial/MIDI select menus and Input-panel bottom options didn't work correctly.
- System clock run slightly too fast or slow if chipset refresh rate was different than startup refresh rate (really old bug).
- OCS NTSC configuration defaulted to PAL refresh rate.
- Real PCMCIA SRAM card re-insert detection fixed.
- Fullscreen RTG 16-bit to 32-bit desktop windowed mode switch (CTRL+F12) color errors fixed.
- Basic file association settings added to GUI (.uae, .adf etc..)
- RTG vertical blank wait uses interrupts, no more busy waiting. Should improve performance in many fullscreen RTG games.
- Added RTG virtual refresh rate configuration to GUI.
- Added RTG refresh rate next to chipset refresh rate FPS counter.
- Undocumented OCS "scanline" feature emulated (Ode to Ramon I and II)
- Midline resolution change improvements (still far from perfect, Disposable Hero, Innovation Part 2)
- Only accept current latest OpenAL32.dll or newer (old versions can cause crashes during device enumeration)
- Improved emulation of reads from write-only custom registers (S.E.X. / Fantasys)
- Syncronize Clock stability improved.
|10 November 2008, 03:16||#9|
A1200 040 SAM440EP 667
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Lisbon / Portugal
What can I say.. Great job again Tony!!
UAE has done already more for the Amiga than any other software ever did
|10 November 2008, 08:41||#12|
Join Date: Feb 2008
Thanks a lot for creating and constantly enhancing the best Amiga ever!
Greatest Finns alive:
1. Toni Wilen
2. Mika Häkkinen
3. Kimi Räikkönen
Last edited by john4p; 10 November 2008 at 10:16. Reason: oops, it's "Finns", not "Fins" ;)
|10 November 2008, 15:33||#16|
UAE is also an "auto-writing book" for undocumented hardware issues, which previously were only discovered by coincidence and thus some selected developers' private secret, because those who did not know about it, they could maybe not make perfect parallax scrolling happen in their games on a standard expanded 1 MB A500.
Those who knew these little-known secrets, however, achieved astonishing results in their software.
IOW, often knowing about undocumented (but effective) hardware specialties AND utilizing them was a privilege that could keep you on top-position in the market.
Last edited by andreas; 10 November 2008 at 16:18.
|10 November 2008, 17:23||#17|
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Germantown, Maryland / USA, born in Hannover / Germany
Yay! Thank you Toni for your ingenious work.
You are ze Master
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|WinUAE 2.5.0 released||Toni Wilen||News||30||08 December 2012 18:48|
|WinUAE 1.4.3 Released!||Avanze||News||14||10 August 2007 08:42|
|WinUAE 1.3.4 released||Paul||News||11||02 January 2007 04:09|
|WinUAE 1.3.2 Released||Avanze||News||10||05 September 2006 21:08|
|New WinUAE Help released||Paul||News||3||02 January 2005 21:56|