English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 16 October 2008, 21:37   #21
JuvUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by laser View Post
AB3D is playlable on any 030+
but
AB3D2 is not playlable even on the 040/40 or the 060/50 ....it s really slow...10-15 fps

the only way to enjoy playlable & smooth AB3D2 is using winuae...50 fps on the athlon 64x2

i have played ab3d2 on my c2d with 8800ultra and i have to say i preferred it on my miggy!
AdSense AdSense  
Old 16 October 2008, 23:09   #22
laser
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuvUK View Post
i have played ab3d2 on my c2d with 8800ultra and i have to say i preferred it on my miggy!
I don't understand why you prefer play it on the real miggy cause on winuae is ultrafast and smooth

btw, install the game on the hardisk using original game installer....don't use the whdload version cause it's slower...also don't use the buggy speed patch from aminet named TKG patch...also don't use the RTG patch also from aminet cause it's very very very buggy

Last edited by laser; 16 October 2008 at 23:17.
Old 17 October 2008, 04:06   #23
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
wow Fairlight!! jeez now there's a name i haven't seen in years!!! lol fond memories!!!

altough i did see this the other day which made me smile loads!

"Salutes to our old Amiga friends from:

FAIRLIGHT - RAZOR 1911 - VISION FACTORY - PARADOX - QUARTEX
DCS - CRYSTAL - ZENITH - ACCESSSION - ALPHA FLIGHT - PRODIGY
THE COMPANY - LEGEND - TRSI - ORACLE - ANTHROX - CLASSIC"

look familiar? lol
Where was this then?
Old 17 October 2008, 09:13   #24
JuvUK

RevTT
Old 17 October 2008, 09:55   #25
musashi5150
move.w #$4489,$dff07e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
First AB3D is good, just a little buggy in places, I thought i'd cracked it wrong at points!
Were there any checksums or anything interesting in it? Just a novella screen IIRC.
Old 17 October 2008, 11:00   #26
Angus
Amiga Games Database

Quote:
Hi all,
1st post time, can anyone tell me how AB3D and AB3D2 run on an A1200 with a 1260 and 32mb ram?

As I remember AB3D was good fun on a vanilla 1200 but became a lot smoother with just extra memory. Basically it flies on an 030 or better.

AB3D2 TKG is a bit of a sad story because I don't think it runs really smoothly on any Amiga hardware, 060 included. Its certainly playable though.

You would be better off with Quake, standard version, let alone the faster variants like Blitz Quake.

Breathless seemed to me to lack any real atmosphere, but some people really like it. DoomAttack is great on an 030 and flies on an 060.

Hope that helps.
Old 17 October 2008, 12:27   #27
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by musashi5150 View Post
Were there any checksums or anything interesting in it? Just a novella screen IIRC.

From memory, the programmer tried to rebuild the part of the code you'd need to modify to crack the game, but his code to do it was so transparently obvious that it took no time at all to modify all his code checks and stop them.

The novella part is exactly the same code as Worms and The Speris Legacy.
Old 17 October 2008, 12:28   #28
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
RevTT
RevTT?
Old 21 October 2008, 13:07   #29
vulture

AB3D 2 works well and, really, is the best of all on 060 if you manage to get the rtg patch working. In that case it works pretty smoothly and setting the control scheme to mouse+kb makes it much much easier to avoid enemy fire than it seems at first. Also, it has the most advanced engine of the lot, with real time lighting and true polygonal objects/enemies - before Quake did it, mind you - (in addition to 2d ones) and really complex levels. The weapons are good too, some of them are amazing, like the 3 way bouncing laser gun. The enemies are kinda smart too. But to appreciate all that you either run it on 060+gfx+rtgpatch or winuae, otherwise the experience will be....ummmm....difficult to say the least.
Old 24 March 2010, 17:52   #30
HardStep

AB3D - playable on vanilla 1200, smooth on 030, on 060 just rocks. Great game.

AB3D2 - Remember paying the AF demo in may 1996 on A1200+4mb Fast+SD/FF. Atmosphere was awesome, gfx was impressive, speedwise it was playable too. Full game on the other hand was nothing like the demo:S Still playable, but slow and difficult, haven't finished it still yet on 060.

Testament - played demo back in 1997 on a plain A1200. Speed was good, I liked the outside section with trees and stuff. Remember reading about plans to release sequel too in 1998 or something, but it didn't happen. Remember even seeing screenshots of Testament 2. Does the Testament have a WHDLoad slave nowdays?

Breathless - Good game, gets gradually more difficult, nice "sharp" gpx, but lacks the atmosphere of AB3D. Customizable to run satisfactiorily on all AGA machines. Authors were dissapointed in sales and cancelled plans for sequel and multiplayer/RTG patch or something

Gloom/Gloom Deluxe - Pure shooting and sidestepping action, similar to Speedball 2

Nemac 4 - Didn't like it. Will try again on 060. Did it support RTG too?

Citadel - Tried it 10-12 years ago, screen was kinda blurry and game itself kinda buggy and crashed often on my machine.

Genetic Species - Good and solid experience. Impressed even my PC-buddies when it was released Will it work with Mediator+Voodoo3 too?
Old 24 March 2010, 19:01   #31
zipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardStep View Post
Nemac 4 - Didn't like it. Will try again on 060. Did it support RTG too?
Yes. A 060 is preferred.
AdSense AdSense