English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 31 May 2012, 05:03   #441
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

There is now a pandora 1.5 available in a limited run of 150.It has an updated and faster 1 GHZ soc and gpu+512 mbt ram.There is also a new more sturdy silver coloured case for this model.It can be overclocked beyond 1GHZ.But it ain't cheap no sir.
Here is the thread on openpandora http://boards.openpandora.org/index....rds-fancy-one/
AdSense AdSense  
Old 31 May 2012, 13:33   #442
chiark
Needs a life

I am starting to wonder if this is a bizarre experiment to see exactly how badly you can treat people who paid in good faith for something over three and a half years ago and are still waiting for the machine they paid for.

Lovely machine, but the treatment of those still waiting for their machine really does need addressing.
Old 13 June 2012, 21:42   #443
gunni

Send a message via ICQ to gunni
an A1200 emulator has been released for the pandora! http://boards.openpandora.org/index...._fromsearch__1
Old 13 June 2012, 23:18   #444
stainy
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to stainy Send a message via MSN to stainy
Sure has it`s really good!
Old 15 June 2012, 12:26   #445
Cpt. Hindsight

btw: Since a few weeks, the Openpandora is in stock. Pay for it and a few days later, it arrives at home. Didn't believe, this will ever happen.
Old 15 June 2012, 13:08   #446
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. Hindsight View Post
btw: Since a few weeks, the Openpandora is in stock. Pay for it and a few days later, it arrives at home. Didn't believe, this will ever happen.
No way I'd ever fork out 440 for it

Maybe I'd have back when it launched, as there were no tablets available, but nowadays I can't justify a price like that, considering that the SoC inside is also way outdated

I know that it's an homemade production and all... but...
Old 16 June 2012, 00:45   #447
stainy
Zone Friend

You still can`t compare tablets to a Pandora..

craziness!!
Old 16 June 2012, 01:24   #448
Mr B

Of course you can.
It's the same hardware. The "advantage" of the Pandora is the keyboard, and gaming control, where as the advantage of the tablet is better performance, and not a clamshell design.

Depending on exactly what your going to use it for, it may be one, or the other coming out as the better option.
The "main" advantage of the panda has nothing to do with it's hardware, design, or abilities. It's the community, and quite frankly, that is nothing like it was when the project was started all those years ago.
B!
Old 16 June 2012, 10:08   #449
gibs
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by phipscube View Post
I'm still keeping the faith even though I often completely forget I ordered my Pandora. Maybe one day i'll get a nice surprise from the postie. I bought a Dingoo midway through 2009 to tide me over, that little thing is awesome!
Thumbs up!
Old 16 June 2012, 14:43   #450
MethodGit

People should be focusing on improving Amiga emulation for the Wiz, dagnabbit. That handheld's been terribly neglected for ages now.
Old 16 June 2012, 16:31   #451
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL Send a message via Skype™ to FOL
Is'nt it still expensive.
My 80 tablet, has slightly better specs in CPU and RAM.
Plus I have a full keyboard, which it clips into.

The only plus point I can see if the physical joypads.
Old 16 June 2012, 17:21   #452
MethodGit

Unfortunately I just can't see it dropping in price in the future somehow. It was already pretty expensive during the inital pre-order days but since then they seem to have added another 100 to the asking price! How do we know it hasn't already been beaten in terms of beef power by, say, the Vita?
Old 16 June 2012, 20:13   #453
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodGit View Post
Unfortunately I just can't see it dropping in price in the future somehow. It was already pretty expensive during the inital pre-order days but since then they seem to have added another 100 to the asking price! How do we know it hasn't already been beaten in terms of beef power by, say, the Vita?
I find it even more cheeky, they are selling them online, yet loads of people are still waiting for their original orders to arrive.
Old 17 June 2012, 10:59   #454
Cpt. Hindsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
I find it even more cheeky, they are selling them online, yet loads of people are still waiting for their original orders to arrive.
I'd need at least five pages here to explain, why they do so and there are for sure hundreds of pages on the pandora related sites.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodGit
People should be focusing on improving Amiga emulation for the Wiz, dagnabbit. That handheld's been terribly neglected for ages now.
The caanoo has the same problem. It looks like both devices got GP2X ports and that's it.
Old 17 June 2012, 13:09   #455
Mr B

Quote:
I'd need at least five pages here to explain, why they do so and there are for sure hundreds of pages on the pandora related sites.
I think we all know WHY they do it, we just don't approve.
B!
Old 17 June 2012, 14:18   #456
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:

The caanoo has the same problem. It looks like both devices got GP2X ports and that's it.
Whats there to explain, they have 1000's of customers money and they are'nt delivering to the customers who have already paid, yet they are selling them on their store. All prepaid customers should be sorted first and foremost.

On a plus point, lets hope this leads to some nice android ports. As they seem to have added an android section to their forums.
Old 17 June 2012, 14:37   #457
Mr B

I agree wholeheartedly, but the fact is, they either sell units to make up for the lack of funds to make the units that are already sold, or the buyers of the yet to be delivered units get jack shit. I don't approve, in any way, this has been a disaster after another, and now they are just taunting faithful buyers. But in some weird way it's actually for their benefit. I dunno, i'm just glad i decided against the clamshell design, and lost interest in the project.
B!
Old 17 June 2012, 15:07   #458
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

Lost interest? For someone who seems to have lost interest you sure post a lot in this thread.
Old 17 June 2012, 16:07   #459
stainy
Zone Friend

The controls make it.. lets face it... you can get a great game on IOS... let completely down by touch controls!
Old 17 June 2012, 16:33   #460
MethodGit

Quote:
Originally Posted by stainy View Post
The controls make it.. lets face it... you can get a great game on IOS... let completely down by touch controls!
www.icontrolpad.com
AdSense AdSense