Has anyone got this game?
i haven't and it's not in the tosec dats
did a search on here but there was no mention of it

its by microprose and its from 1991
AdSense AdSense  
Old 31 March 2002, 00:24   #2
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Pretty certain (99.9% sure) there is no Amiga version.
Old 31 March 2002, 00:50   #3
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

the reason i asked is because ive been organizing my colleciton of amiga game ascii docs and hyperspeed was one of them. but i do believe a few of em happen to be pc, i wasnt sure if hyperspeed was one of em as it has nothing machine specific in it

btw twist why u not answered my email yet?
Old 31 March 2002, 01:03   #4
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Originally posted by Belgarath
the reason i asked is because ive been organizing my colleciton of amiga game ascii docs and hyperspeed was one of them. but i do believe a few of em happen to be pc, i wasnt sure if hyperspeed was one of em as it has nothing machine specific in it
Well, I had a coverscan of this game and something kept making me think it was on the Amiga. I spent a long time trying to trace any kind of reference to an Amiga version and all I turned up was dead ends, so I finally resolved that I musta been thinking of some other game.
Quote:
btw twist why u not answered my email yet?
Actually, I haven't checked my email all week. Yahoo totally messed me up. They keep changing their policies. I got forced into upgrading Eudora so I could reply to emails. That version doesn't even work worth a damn for me. And now Yahoo says they're killing all free pop3 support anyhow, so I upgraded (downgraded) for nothing. Getting mail for me now is a pain in the arse, but I will mess with it tonight after work. I was gonna do that last night, but I was invited to an orgy and had to accept (I couldn't, after all, be rude...)
Old 31 March 2002, 01:16   #5
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

orgy first, email later, i quite understand m8

re: hyperspeed i think your right it prob didnt come out for the amiga, but the docs that ive got did come from an amiga cd and are 99% as far as i can tell amiga docs. theres another game in there which i seem to remember a bit of debate about whether it existed on the amiga or not

enduro racer..?
Old 31 March 2002, 01:21   #6
RetroMan

Enduro Racer was/is one of my fav games on the Amstrad CPC and I spent more than a year searching for an Amiga Version, but today Im pretty sure it never made its way to the Amiga, only on these Systems :

AmstradCPC (1987)
AtariST (1987)
C64/C128 (1987)
ZXSpectrum (1987)
Old 31 March 2002, 01:48   #7
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

what about on pc? because as far as i can tell these docs are only pc/amiga ones
Old 31 March 2002, 01:50   #8
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Not sure about the PC, but Enduro Racer is definitely not on the Amiga. Perhaps these guys that put together docs disks would cop some of the docs from PC BBS's and the same sounds like something that is on the Amiga, so they grab it anyhow. I've seen that a few times.
Old 31 March 2002, 12:58   #9
Kodoichi
Banned

Location: I'm the smiling face on your TV, I exploit you still you love me
Quote:
Originally posted by RetroMan
[I]AmstradCPC (1987)
AtariST (1987)
C64/C128 (1987)
ZXSpectrum (1987)
+ Master System
Old 01 April 2002, 03:11   #10
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

With so much information on the internet, it would sure be nice if someone tried creating a robust video games database in the style of Internet Movie Database. That would make knowing which platforms a game was published for an easier to reference task. Mind you, HOL will be just that for *Amiga* games, and that project is big enough. For us hardcore types, it's plenty enough work to comprehensively cover one platform. But just imagine going to IMDB and having it be what it is already, only with video games instead of movies. That would be so sweet.

Of course, this has indeed been attempted. Check out All Game Guide. Their heart was in the right place. I was a member of that team for a very short while. I was modifying some of the data and uploading images to their ftp (for several platforms), but all at once the info and images never got implemented. They were added once, maybe twice and then nothing. No clue what happened. Within a couple of months, the Amiga section had a few more titles added to the listings, but those seemed to only be from entries of the same game on another platform (and whomever input that data noted that it was also available for the Amiga). Frustrated, I just bailed and hooked up with EAB. The HOL will do all for Amiga games that AGG does for games in general, only much more. I know you guys are antsy to see the HOL Amiga database in action, but in order for it to be done right, it requires a massive amount of pre-production so that all possibilities for the future are considered (to prevent having to re-code the entire database at some future time). It will truly be worth the wait. But I digress...
AdSense AdSense