English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 25 March 2009, 20:07   #41
If the Chris Huelsbeck tunes sound wrong, they'll sound the same if anybody played in their eagleplayer or deliplayer anyway. No difference. Same result. Of course, if the huelsbeck tunes are bad rips, so will the mp3 recordings be

What was recorded is exactly what everybody else would get if they loaded their tunes into their Amiga players.

Maybe Delitracker for PC plays them right, but it uses .dll also for the player engines and probably some playback bugs are fixed there....
AdSense AdSense  
Old 25 March 2009, 23:11   #42
Send a message via ICQ to BuZz
note that delitracker has a different tfmx replayer from eagleplayer, and that the wanted team is yet another player. all are different.

Which did you use ?

the standard eagleplayer ones are pretty broken.
Old 26 March 2009, 02:58   #43
Zone Friend
No big deal though and it's probably only noticable to those that like listen to CH's music in game.This will spur me onto doing fave stuff for myself so it's all good
Old 30 March 2009, 21:45   #44
I checked the R-Type module I had. It came from Modland, and that particular one is actually broken. Comparing that to Exotica's version I find a skew in bytes. So this causes at least the buggy string looop people can hear in the SOAMC= collection.

I'm not actually sure how many tunes came from Exotica, I downloaded a bunch from there in late 2006 or early 2007 and then during 2007 mixing some dirs with a lot of downloaded material from Modland. This was to try and create a more fuller package of stuff.

So, apparantly this one slipped through during the download and was not replaced by the fine version of Exotica

I tested a lot of different TFMX players. Some came from Delitracker.lha archives I had from the 90's, some from UADE, some from Wanted and some from Eagleplayer.lha packs from Aminet or my own archive but also the songlengths were extracted on PC with the same mix of players, including the TFMX.dll found in the Deli PC version.

There was a lot of different versions and it was messy when they actually work fine by testing the engines in Deliplayer for PC, only to find them buggy in Delitracker for Amiga, just to be working (I thought) in Eagleplayer

The actual ones used in the last bug re-recording was:
V2.29 21.4.0 and and V1.3 (9 Feb 2002)....proof of confusing revision history too
Old 30 March 2009, 21:59   #45

R-Type 2 is not Protracker format as far as I can tell. I hope you have the original module format!
AdSense AdSense