Eek Amster (Napster for Amiga)

Is anyone using or tried using this?

http://www.vindvejr.dk/jacob/amiga/amster/

Trying to find a server to connect to.

AdSense AdSense  
Old 07 September 2008, 09:04   #2
OddbOd

http://www.gotnap.com/index.php/list

Hadn't tried the opennap servers in a looooong time but Amster still seems to connect without too many problems.
Old 10 September 2008, 15:23   #3
SkippyAR

Floppy disk

I've eventually managed to register a username and password on that site, through their dodgy system..

I can connect via Amster on the Amiga to a couple of different networks on different ports,, however, within seconds of being connected and getting the server stats Amster returns a ** Network Error ** disconnecting.

Any thoughts?

Old 10 September 2008, 20:56   #4
OddbOd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkippyAR View Post
I've eventually managed to register a username and password on that site, through their dodgy system..
Eh? You don't need to register at all just manually add some servers from the GotNap list to Amster's Navigator and away you go. I didn't bother testing if meta-server functionality works as I couldn't find any running servers that support redirects, the default sure as hell won't work
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkippyAR View Post
Any thoughts?
Sounds like you tried to register a username and password when connecting for some reason this is pretty unreliable, the simple answer is to only enter a username and check the "Bypass registration" option. There seem to be problems using Amster with some servers, some keep kicking you off for "invalid connection speed", if that happens just move on to the next one you will eventually find a server that works.
Old 10 September 2008, 23:35   #5
SkippyAR

Yeah, I figured I'd wasted my time registering a username and pass when you can join server anonymously.

I wondered if the reason I was getting booted off was because I wasn't sharing any files, so did - but still didn't fix the problem.

Was using XNAP open source version on WinXP as reference to aid Amiga connectivity.

I'll have another go later with different connection speeds, I just selected cable.

AdSense AdSense