English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 23 August 2008, 10:14   #1
Bolch

Wrath of the Demon crashes at the end

The title says it all!

I managed to find a seemingly working version of the game, get past all "critical" scenes (the throne room at the beginning, the riding level etc.), and a few hours later I found myself face-to-face with the evil Demon. After a long battle, I finally struck the final blow...

...when the game suddenly crashed and the (emulated) Amiga rebooted. I tried it multiple times with multiple configurations, but nothing changed.

I know what the ending is (I found a longplay video), but since I'd like to make a collection of 100% working and finishable games, it'd be much more satisfying to see the end-sequence in the game itself.

Did anyone encounter with the same problem? Or even better, could anyone give some advice about the correct version or the correct Winuae configuration which makes it possible to see the ending?

Thanks in advance!
Old 23 August 2008, 10:24   #2
TCD

Hi Bolch,

did you use the version cracked and trained by Skid Row? If so and you have a savestate I would like to have a look Can you upload your savestate to the zone?
Old 23 August 2008, 10:40   #3
Bolch

OK, I uploaded my savestate from the final fight... the Demon is already weakened at this state (the hero retained half of his energy, but he also has a healing potion left, so it should be easy to get to the end from this point).
Old 23 August 2008, 10:50   #4
TCD

Thanks Bolch! I have loaded the savestate and defeated the demon. Here the screen becomes black and then... nothing. WinUAE doesn't reboot here. Maybe the right disk has to be in the drive when you defeat the demon. How long does it take to get there? If it doesn't take too much time I will try to play from the beginning later
Old 23 August 2008, 10:53   #5
Bolch

It's not a long game, it takes about 2-3 hours to play it to the end (it's much quicker if you use savestates, too).
Old 23 August 2008, 10:57   #6
TCD

Okay, I'll play it then, but I guess I will report back tomorrow. Have you tried the WHDLoad version? You can get it here : http://www.whdownload.com/games/Upda...emon_v1.01.zip
It doesn't require a registered WHDLoad, so that might be an idea.
Old 24 August 2008, 12:35   #7
Bolch

I admit that I prefer the ADF versions of games (so I can use savestates etc.). I would only use the WHDLoad version if there is no other solution.
Old 24 August 2008, 12:59   #8
TCD

I made it to the castle yesterday, but it's really confusing in there I will try to get through this 'maze' later and tell you if I suceeded to see the end. In my config I enabled all four floppies. Maybe that helps
Old 24 August 2008, 14:51   #9
TCD

I made it through that crazy maze thanks to laffer's longplay I defeated the demon and... saw the end animation I've uploaded my savestate to the zone. It's right at the start of the boss fight. I used the trainer and I don't know if that changes anything. You should insert your disk images in the floppies right after loading the savestate. I you want I can upload my config if the savestate worked for you.
Old 24 August 2008, 16:20   #10
Bolch

It works like a charm! Since I have the same version of the game, it seems that that something was wrong with my configuration.

Many thanks!
Old 24 August 2008, 16:26   #11
TCD

Yay! Cool that it works for you
Should I post my config here or is the savestate enough?
Old 24 August 2008, 16:30   #12
Bolch

The savestate is enough, thank you.