BuZz

Send a message via ICQ to BuZz
http://www.binsearch.info/?q=21390+x...ge=600&server=
http://btjunkie.org/torrent/Xbox-Dev...1c2053d0f701ee

probably more places.
Old 07 June 2010, 09:53   #663
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

I use Kawa-X for CPS1 / 2 and NeoGeo titles, it works flawlessly even on the huge 90mb rom sizes.

my favourites being streetfighter alpha thing-a-me-bob on the CPS1, 1944 LoopMasters on CPS2 and pretty much everything on the NeoGeo =D

I use mame for most other coin-up stuff thats not supported by Kawa-X - btw Kawa-X is not X-Port emulation as far as I know.

I also have my setup for Amiga running from a HDF with all WHDLoad games setup etc, its a little more involved, but the more one puts in the better return you get... at the moment its like having an AGA A600 =D in terms of speed lol

Neo Genesis for all Megadrive including megaCD and 32x - I also use ZSnes for the SNES
Old 07 June 2010, 12:31   #664
BuZz

Send a message via ICQ to BuZz
fba xxx supports all that kawa-x does and some more. also there is FBL as I think has already been mentioned.
Old 27 August 2010, 12:58   #665
stainy
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to stainy Send a message via MSN to stainy
Hi guys... read this thread all the way through.. I have a stock hdd with xbmc and a few emulators..

I have backed up my eeprom.bin ( there are three files ( including the txt with my hdd key.

I know software can change the colour of the led.. but mine turns red as soon..

well it`s green on the xbox splash then as soon as xbmc starts to load it turns red.
Is this a feature? or some sort of impending crash/explosion etc ?

aaaalso... I thought it was when I was turning on the xbox with the eject button it would go to the date input screen ( then into the normal xbox dash )

But switching it on with the power button took me to the date selection thing..
Now..is something wrong? if it`s taking me to that? or is it because the date isn`t holding.. and it automatically takes me to the date selection ( if I change the date and reboot I get into XBMC )
Is there a cmos batt in there to change?

Last edited by stainy; 27 August 2010 at 13:10.
Old 27 August 2010, 13:38   #666
Bloodwych

Hi stainy, that's normal for the X-Box's - turn them off at the mains and it loses the date.

No batteries in the X-Box.
Old 27 August 2010, 13:40   #667
Jimbo

Yeah totally normal, if you leave the mains on its fine, unplug it and it loses the date. Also mine turns red, you can change the colors of the light when its booted with some apps I set mine to turn the light off when watching movies. So yeah green first is normal then it turns to whatever colour you want.

Cheers
Old 27 August 2010, 21:20   #668
stainy
Zone Friend

Cheers guys..

ah blast! no battery?.. oh well..

I know I can change the colour... just wanted to check
Old 27 August 2010, 23:14   #669
stainy
Zone Friend

One more thing... having a terrible time trying to setup shares on my win7 machine..
created a user ( xbox ) shared some folders.. uninstalled MS live thingy..
xbox ain`t having it
Old 29 August 2010, 02:20   #670
Dreedo

I was thinking of buying an original xbox sometime soon. I think i have most of the modding parts sussed out, but im not entirely sure.

Hard modding isnt really an option for me, so i would have to use the soft modding way.

From what i've gathered from various sites i need:

- A copy of 007 AUF, Splinter Cell or Mechassault (Not classics).

- Action Replay

- Xbox Console

- HDD, im not sure if this is required or not, and if so, is it an external USB HDD? Or is it an internal one that requires you to fiddle around with the hardware, preferably i don't want to be touching my PC/Xbox hardware or innards. Just wondered if it was like USBAdvance on the PS2, where you boot the games from an external HDD ect.

- A Xbox original Memory card, or if i have a Xbox port to USB adaptor i can use a normal USB memory drive?

I think i got it right, but it must cost a pretty penny, having to buy the HDD, Memory cardr, Action Replay and the game.

Thanks.
Old 29 August 2010, 06:43   #671
jabsy
Yeah Hup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreedo View Post
From what i've gathered from various sites i need:

- A copy of 007 AUF, Splinter Cell or Mechassault (Not classics).

- Action Replay

- Xbox Console

- HDD, im not sure if this is required or not, and if so, is it an external USB HDD? Or is it an internal one that requires you to fiddle around with the hardware, preferably i don't want to be touching my PC/Xbox hardware or innards. Just wondered if it was like USBAdvance on the PS2, where you boot the games from an external HDD ect.

- A Xbox original Memory card, or if i have a Xbox port to USB adaptor i can use a normal USB memory drive?

I think i got it right, but it must cost a pretty penny, having to buy the HDD, Memory cardr, Action Replay and the game.

Thanks.
The games are old popular ones, so you should pick em up cheap second hand.

You can buy a USB to XBOX cable relatively cheap, then u can use a memory stick instead of an AR. Just might take a few to find one thats compatible. (not all work)

Even tho the original hard drive is ok, it will fail eventually. At least if you replace it now, you'll have extracted your key so it'll be reasonably simple to change it again. Used IDE HDD's are pretty cheap too.

You'll need a bigger drive just to install all four big ass emulator disks....
Old 29 August 2010, 10:43   #672
deicidal
Registered Insane

As already mentioned you can also perform a softmod by doing a hotswap, but you will need a pc with an ide connection and an ide cd/dvd drive, but won't need an exploitable game or action replay
Old 29 August 2010, 12:34   #673
Dreedo

Ok, thanks for your help guys.
Old 11 September 2010, 23:30   #674
Supamax
Da Digger :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deicidal View Post
As already mentioned you can also perform a softmod by doing a hotswap
I suppose this procedure may be dangerous for the PC mainboard or the HDD's electronics.
Am I right?
Old 11 September 2010, 23:47   #675
PaulyQ

QWIX is probs the easiest to use.

I softmodded my couple of boxs by using XBox Tools CD, it does require you to have some level of DOS knowledge and connecting up the drive to the PC but it take cares of everything including the unlocking and locking of drive, installing softmod and relevant software etc...

I've also done it by the USB method as well, I found the hard drive method was the easiest, but only due to the fact I had to cludge a USB connector to one of the joypads (yup, you can do that, the memory card ports on the top are just USB ports with an extra cable for +5v if memory serves)
Old 11 September 2010, 23:53   #676
deicidal
Registered Insane

Yes, but i can honestly say I have done it loads of times and not killed one xbox or pc.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=496263

Also as i mentioned previosly an alternative mod like me after my ide dvd drive died from old age is if you have a copy of one of the exploitable gave but no action replay or memory card is do a hotswap and copy the expoit save game to the xbox.
Old 12 September 2010, 00:52   #677
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Considering there are so many of us now who have modded boxes, just get a regular xbox memory card and someone here will put the files you need on it to softmod using a gamesave exploit.
Old 08 January 2011, 15:45   #678
Parsec

Hot swap softmod complete. What a job that was! I know have Unleash-X running. It looks a bit ugly but does the job - unless anyone knows a better option. Should I try Evolution-X?

I'm finding it surprisingly difficult to find emulator downloads for it, lots of broken links etc. Currently got Coinops Ignite downloading off usenet. Even WinUAE-X hard to find but I've found somewhere now.

What's the situation with N64 emulation on the xbox - is it any good?
Old 08 January 2011, 16:17   #679
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

You should install XBMC as the dashboard... I think the information is here in the thread on how to do it (or PM me).

http://sshcs.com/xbmc/?mode=NSAC&AR=XBOX

It's as good as almost any other system (i.e. average)

http://surreal64ce.wikispaces.com/
Old 08 January 2011, 16:45   #680
Amigafanboi

Just so you all know you can flash the actual motherboard bios with a bios of your choice with a few modifications...no more need for softmods or modchips.
AdSense AdSense