English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 03 October 2008, 16:19   #461
pbareges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_A View Post
Is, in any case, the logo ALWAYS displayed on boot-up?
no, on failed reboots the logo is not displayed. when logo is displayed on reboot, my saved settings are well applied...
AdSense AdSense  
Old 03 October 2008, 17:59   #462
illy5603

Send a message via MSN to illy5603
Quote:
Scanlines only work in PAL/NTSC noninterlaced modes. The change of display settings will not be visible unless you set "Use Display Timing" to "from User Settings" and choose your screen mode in the User Display Properties using "Next Mode".
Thanks for this. How about the other settings like scan frequency etc? if they are also ignored in highgfx modes that would explain everything. I actually have the card working fine except for problems with it not displaying after some reboots as others have reported but I can live with that too.

Also, thanks for all the work you are doing. I don't want to just it here and complain.
Old 03 October 2008, 21:31   #463
Oliver_A
Soldering Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbareges View Post
no, on failed reboots the logo is not displayed. when logo is displayed on reboot, my saved settings are well applied...
But the display works, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by illy5603 View Post
Thanks for this. How about the other settings like scan frequency etc?
The scan frequency is adjusted by changing the H-Total and V-Total values. H-Total defines the length of a raster line (horizontal frequency), V-Total defines the number of raster lines, affecting the refresh rate. The Tool shows you the resulting display frequencies.

Quote:
if they are also ignored in highgfx modes that would explain everything. I actually have the card working fine except for problems with it not displaying after some reboots as others have reported but I can live with that too.
I'm working on finding the problem. The next update will most probably also include configurable HighGFX mode.
Old 04 October 2008, 00:39   #464
gklinger
Vegetable Lasagna

Quote:
Are these being tested on NTSC systems?
Mine is working perfectly on an NTSC 1200 in both NTSC and PAL mode. I don't mean to rub your nose in it by posting this but I figured you should know.
Old 04 October 2008, 01:33   #465
illy5603

Quote:
Originally Posted by gklinger View Post
Mine is working perfectly on an NTSC 1200 in both NTSC and PAL mode. I don't mean to rub your nose in it by posting this but I figured you should know.
In some ways mine is working perfectly as well. It is just the config tool doesn't seem to do anything. I can change to NTSC mode, save settings and reboot and go back into the utility and it says PAL under screen mode. I don't know why that would be. Also the screen position buttons do nothing and changing the screen timing shows that it is being changed but both of my monitors report no change in input to them. Yes I selected to use user settings from the "Use Display Timing" menu. So I take it when everyone else changes their screen timing it actually sends a different signal to their monitor?

Last edited by illy5603; 04 October 2008 at 01:46.
Old 04 October 2008, 02:16   #466
Oliver_A
Soldering Ironman

NEW ALPHA RELEASE 1.2D

Here is a new update, which consists of the new FPGA alpha core 1.2D, plus the new Indivision Config Tool V0.95. The iggest improvement is that you can now edit the HighGFX modes using the Config Tool!

Download here:

http://www.a1k.org/download/sonst/ol...ision_V12D.lha
Old 04 October 2008, 02:22   #467
Oliver_A
Soldering Ironman

Quote:
In some ways mine is working perfectly as well. It is just the config tool doesn't seem to do anything. I can change to NTSC mode, save settings and reboot and go back into the utility and it says PAL under screen mode.
This option is not to change resolution between PAL/NTSC, but to decide which resolution to edit.

Quote:
I don't know why that would be. Also the screen position buttons do nothing and changing the screen timing shows that it is being changed but both of my monitors report no change in input to them. Yes I selected to use user settings from the "Use Display Timing" menu. So I take it when everyone else changes their screen timing it actually sends a different signal to their monitor?
In order to see the changes, you have to edit the screenmode you are using right now using the "Next Mode" Button, plus set the "Use Display Timing" to "from User Setting".

For example, if your Workbench is running in NTSC mode, set the User Display Property to "NTSC" by clicking on "Next Mode" 1 time, then set "Use Display Timing" to "from User Settings" by clicking on it 1 time, and then all edits you make will be displayed immediately.

Btw, Indivision AGA is developed on a NTSC Rev. 1D1 board...
Old 04 October 2008, 03:52   #468
Oliver_A
Soldering Ironman

ALPHA 1.2E UPDATE!

This update includes 1.2E FPGA core and 0.97 Indivision Config Tool. The new core is supposed to fix all interlace mode problems.

In order to achieve this, start the V0.97 config tool. The tool checks the Amiga OS version to initialize the flickerfixer to use different field orders for certain interlace modes. This should fix all problems.

Download here:

http://www.a1k.org/download/sonst/ol...ision_V12E.lha

@Rixa and all other WB3.1/3.5/3.9 users: PLEASE CHECK IF THIS UPDATE CORRECTS ALL ERRORS IN INTERLACED MODES!
Old 04 October 2008, 04:29   #469
jimbo100

I noticed this device is for the A1200! Will it work on an Amiga 4000? I assume the Lisa chips are the same? Any reason why it wont?
Old 04 October 2008, 04:38   #470
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

Quote:
ALPHA 1.2E UPDATE!

This update includes 1.2E FPGA core and 0.97 Indivision Config Tool. The new core is supposed to fix all interlace mode problems.

In order to achieve this, start the V0.97 config tool. The tool checks the Amiga OS version to initialize the flickerfixer to use different field orders for certain interlace modes. This should fix all problems.

Download here:

http://www.a1k.org/download/sonst/ol...ision_V12E.lha

@Rixa and all other WB3.1/3.5/3.9 users: PLEASE CHECK IF THIS UPDATE CORRECTS ALL ERRORS IN INTERLACED MODES!
Great stuff thank you for all the continued work on this, I honestly cant keep up with updates at this pace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo100 View Post
I noticed this device is for the A1200! Will it work on an Amiga 4000? I assume the Lisa chips are the same? Any reason why it wont?
Physically wont fit due to the orientation of the board and obstructions on the 4000.
Old 04 October 2008, 06:58   #471
gklinger
Vegetable Lasagna

How safe is it to use these alpha versions? Betas make me nervous enough (I have the opposite of the luck of the Irish). Any idea how long before we'll see a formal release?
Old 04 October 2008, 07:43   #472
illy5603

Quote:
Originally Posted by gklinger View Post
How safe is it to use these alpha versions? Betas make me nervous enough (I have the opposite of the luck of the Irish). Any idea how long before we'll see a formal release?
I have flashed and then unflashed the last couple of them on my system. Seems fine as long as you have the older ones to flash back to if there are issues.

I would test this latest one but I get this... 404 - Seite nicht gefunden
Old 04 October 2008, 09:27   #473
Charlie
. . Mouse . .

@ Oliver_A :
Thanks for all your hard work & support regarding this excellent piece of hardware.
Old 04 October 2008, 12:19   #474
Oliver_A
Soldering Ironman

My fault, just get it directly from A1k.org. You don't need to understand German, just click on the download link.

http://www.a1k.org/forum/showpost.ph...8&postcount=47
Old 04 October 2008, 14:28   #475
wizard66
FPGA Replay inside A590

@Amigakit

Thanks Matthew I recived my Indivision yesterday.
Nice pice of hardware :-)

By the way anybody know how to use the monitor power down mode?
Old 04 October 2008, 15:44   #476
pbareges

Quote:
But the display works, right?
yep on faulty reboots, display is ok (but according to factory defaults which provide with poor rendering on my lcd)

i guess that some may get 50hz that their monitor cannot handle (whereas mine can) on these faulty reboots and this may be why they report to get nothing....

also i flashed last firmware (1.2E) and with latest config tool i noticed that you cannot move screen to the left (all other adjustments seem to work fine)...also it would be nice to find a way to preserve saved settings on flash updates (is it possible ?). i can also report it does not solve faulty reboots

thanks again for this great piece of hardware and your involvment in this community!!!

Last edited by pbareges; 04 October 2008 at 17:03.
Old 04 October 2008, 19:23   #477
illy5603

@Oliver_A,

Well I am having MUCH better luck with the 1.2E update! I guess a lot of my issues were related to the fact that I was only using the Amiga in HighGFX mode. Now that the config tool works in HighGFX mode all my changes stick! The screen centering on my LCD still isn't perfect, for instance in 1024X768 I am forced to miss 3 pixels on a side of my choosing but a lot of that is probably due to the monitor I am testing on. I was also able to get a decent pixel clock sync with my monitor adjustments unlike with 1.2D.

Default PAL config syncs perfectly for gaming by the way! But I may have to try 50HZ mode connected to my multisync just to see if it is smoother.

Thanks again, things are looking good!
Old 05 October 2008, 13:02   #478
jimbo100

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_hairy_bootson View Post
Physically wont fit due to the orientation of the board and obstructions on the 4000.
That wasn't well thought out then? Why not make it work in both, surely it wouldn't have been diffcult?
Old 05 October 2008, 13:08   #479
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
I would say alot of thought went into its' design....

Making an A1200 motherboard expansion that not only fits around the native mobo architecture and almost all available A1200 "Hacks" and expansions is a fantastic feat.

A4000 motherboard compatibility on top of that would be impossible. A separate board design would be neeeded.
Old 05 October 2008, 17:14   #480
Oliver_A
Soldering Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo100 View Post
That wasn't well thought out then? Why not make it work in both, surely it wouldn't have been diffcult?
Because we are lazy, and not interested at all in the additional customers an all-in-one solution would have provided.

But seriously, since Indivision AGA is selling really well, we are already planning to adapt the design for other Amiga models.
AdSense AdSense