English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 01 April 2002, 01:51   #21
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

I think it was more just a misunderstanding than rudeness. I thought the message indicated that they were non-TOSEC files, as well, so it was an easy mistake. That was why I replied back when I did about finding it hard to believe there was that many non-TOSEC titles. That term (non-TOSEC) has sort of come to mean "not recognized by the TOSEC dats", so that is why there was confusion. And now that the source of the confusion has been realised, we should chuff it all off, shake hands and fire up the peace pipe for another round, eh?
AdSense AdSense  
Old 01 April 2002, 03:31   #22
Djay
breakpointUK.com

Send a message via MSN to Djay
smoking my peacepipe whilst typing

ok, i'll put down to mis-communication, i thought i did reply to "questions" and explained that the files are available elsewhere in TOSEC filename form.

i thought Tugid searched by the filename not by the information contained in the ADF.

but the whole point of this exercise was to share my ADFs with fellow Amiga sceners, not to upset anyone.
Old 01 April 2002, 03:35   #23
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

And I commend you for that, Deej. It's consistent with the sharing mentality akin to the Amiga community. And even though it was coincidental, there were still some non-TOSEC titles in your uploads already, so it's more of a pot luck thing (not related to the peace pipe pot luck, btw...)
Old 01 April 2002, 03:49   #24
Djay
breakpointUK.com

Quote:
And I commend you for that, Deej. It's consistent with the sharing mentality akin to the Amiga community
i am any old-skool scener, i have been an Amiga fan since the A1000, all through the Amiga's life i had a cool time, made loads of friends (some were big in the scene, some were just a dude who like playing turrican), but all the people i've met though the Amiga's life have been cool, sharing guys! this is my legacy to a brilliant computer...
Old 01 April 2002, 09:30   #25
jmmijo

Quote:
Originally posted by Twistin'Ghost
And I commend you for that, Deej. It's consistent with the sharing mentality akin to the Amiga community. And even though it was coincidental, there were still some non-TOSEC titles in your uploads already, so it's more of a pot luck thing (not related to the peace pipe pot luck, btw...)
I dunno Twist, seems like the wacky tobacky been smoked a bit, perhaps by everyone
Old 01 April 2002, 15:21   #26
Muzkat
Into the Wonderful

Whenever I try to run Zombie Apocalpyse 2, both AGA or ECS versions, I always get a garbled screen, at the intro and into the main game. I can hear sound though.

I've tried UAE and Fellow, and tried downloading other copies of the game from other sites apart from Djays. Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited by Muzkat; 01 April 2002 at 16:50.
Old 02 April 2002, 01:09   #27
Djay
breakpointUK.com

Quote:
I've tried UAE and Fellow, and tried downloading other copies of the game from other sites apart from Djays. Am I doing something wrong?
i have the copy i uploaded and it's fine, infact a took a screen grab for my site

www.amiga.ukhq.co.uk

[scroll to the bottom of the Games Section]

i'll up my config for you.
Old 02 April 2002, 01:17   #28
Djay
breakpointUK.com

Quote:
That won't help us. What I meant is: If the filename is already in TOSEC form, it helps us avoiding a useless download
i only download TOSECs for Emuchina or PE2000, because i have found them to be very reliable...

if you only deal in TOSECs then yes my list is useless, i'd like to be able to rename all my adfs to a TOSEC formula, but it would ages and most TOSEC filenames are a problem for CD writing (because of the length), this is why i went with the simple approach way before TOSEC arrived.

my advice is, if you want TOSEC stuff go to Emuchina or PE2000, if however, you just wanna find an Amiga game you enjoyed back in the day and are not a collector of ADFs, then request a title from my list.
Old 03 April 2002, 14:51   #29
Muzkat
Into the Wonderful

Thanks Djay Finally got it working!
Old 03 April 2002, 19:27   #30
Djay
breakpointUK.com

Quote:
Thanks Djay Finally got it working!
no problem, m8, here to help
AdSense AdSense