English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Looking for a game name ?

Old 27 March 2002, 01:35   #21
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

If you could post it to the Zone, Twistin', that would be excellent. I don't whether the game is any good, but I want to at least see what all the controversy was about :-)
AdSense AdSense  
Old 27 March 2002, 01:54   #22
oldpx

@jimmijo
I remember a game with teletubbies that played exactly like you described. it was in an Aminet cd. There was another version of the sme game that you killed donald duck(s), super mario(s) and bill gates(es). It's name may be "armchair assassin"

edit: Hey I found it.

note: this is an experimental post, click on the above smiley for the link.

Old 27 March 2002, 02:27   #23
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

@Burseg
Hehehe...interesting experiment. But thanks for the link...this game I missed.

@Minuous
OK, if I have it (and I feel pretty sure I adf'd the bloody thing), I'll send it up. It's not exactly what I would call great gaming. It's more of a simple sick joke that wears off after a few minutes. But it's legendary. There's a school, kids, and you shoot them. You get points the more kids you kill. Just like in real life...

Seriously though, not for the easily offended...
Old 27 March 2002, 02:29   #24
oldpx

So you can't upload it to the zone? I wonder what it is all about too.

Old 27 March 2002, 02:41   #25
jmmijo

Quote:
Originally posted by Burseg
@jimmijo
I remember a game with teletubbies that played exactly like you described. it was in an Aminet cd. There was another version of the sme game that you killed donald duck(s), super mario(s) and bill gates(es). It's name may be "armchair assassin"

edit: Hey I found it.

note: this is an experimental post, click on the above smiley for the link.
The link worked like a charm Burseg
Old 27 March 2002, 02:48   #26
Djay
breakpointUK.com

Send a message via MSN to Djay
ok, this maybe old for you, but its new for me...

i downloaded the file
used winrar to un-compress to a folder
used WinUAE (hard-drive, workbench)
copied the folder onto a blank adf
i now have the .lha file as an adf

not amazing i know, but used to unpack using AIAB
Old 27 March 2002, 09:26   #27
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Originally posted by Minuous
If you could post it to the Zone, Twistin', that would be excellent. I don't whether the game is any good, but I want to at least see what all the controversy was about :-)
OK, it's in the Zone. I couldn't find the adf I made before, so I just made a new one. Have fun killing kids!
Old 27 March 2002, 11:59   #28
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Angry

Yikes! I think it would be wise to check out the programmer's state of mind.
OK it's no Nazi game, but I think the brainsickness of the programmer of KZ-Manager is comparable to the brainsickness of the author that conceived Schoolyard Slaughter.
Ah, and try to make an abbreviation of "Schoolyard Slaughter" (just the two first letters). Coincidence? Nuff said.
Old 27 March 2002, 12:10   #29
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Further evidence of the programmer's instability: it's a port from the ST! The Amiga version was done in AMOS, but it began on the ST (I assume in STOS, the original version of that BASIC variation that was later ported to the Amiga in a much improved version). And with that, I assume it was the same guy who ported his code over. He was that proud of his work.

KZ-Manager doesn't really get circulated much either (a good thing, considering its theme). And no, I don't have it. But I do have the two Bleed games, which are rather sick, as well. Surely these games were produced by juveniles for the mere shock value!
Old 27 March 2002, 12:37   #30
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Arrow

I know that it was originally on the ST.
Old 27 March 2002, 18:41   #31
Mad Mark

Quote: OK, it's in the Zone. I couldn't find the adf I made before, so I just made a new one. Have fun killing kids!

I can't find it, has it been removed?

Old 28 March 2002, 01:44   #32
RCK
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by andreas
Yikes! I think it would be wise to check out the programmer's state of mind.
OK it's no Nazi game, but I think the brainsickness of the programmer of KZ-Manager is comparable to the brainsickness of the author that conceived Schoolyard Slaughter.
Ah, and try to make an abbreviation of "Schoolyard Slaughter" (just the two first letters). Coincidence? Nuff said.
Quote:
I can't find it, has it been removed?
> Yes.

if you really need this kind of apps, ask Twistin' to send to you the adf by email.
Old 28 March 2002, 02:09   #33
Djay
breakpointUK.com

Send a message via MSN to Djay
its good to see that we have an administrator with morals
Old 05 April 2002, 03:53   #34
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

Hmmm, censorship on the EAB! I thought censorship was contrary to the foundations of the Amiga community.

Regarding Schoolyard Slaughter, I've now played this, it's not bad. Needs more frames of animation, various levels, and maybe some powerups, then it would be quite good. I don't have a problem with the subject matter or graphics. It's no more "offensive" than eg. Commando Libya or Street Hassle on C64. Or the countless beat-em-ups, mow-em-downs, etc. After all they are only pixels on a monitor! It's healthy to have a safe outlet for agression.

I was looking forward to checking out the other game too. But it's been censored <sigh>

I should point out that there are MANY things you can abbreviate and end up with "SS" as the acronym. For example, Sensible Software. SensiSoft must be Nazis then obviously :-P What a silly line of argument.

I have found that People Squasher was included on GPD (General PD) disk #226, which was apparently a series of AMOS public domain disks. These disks were apparently also all included on the AMOS Pro CD Vol. 2. Does anyone have GPD #226 please? Or know where to download it from? Thanx.

Last edited by Minuous; 05 April 2002 at 08:50.
Old 05 April 2002, 04:46   #35
oldpx

Minuous is right. Removing files from the Zone doesn't make any sense. Their existance on the zone is temporary, besides no one is being forced to download anything :/

Old 05 April 2002, 08:44   #36
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Perhaps it should be clarified. I was the one who asked RCK to delete the file. With consideration after I'd posted it (which was kind of an automatic reaction for me, if I have it, I upload it) I just felt it was a bit sick and unhealthy. So in reality, there was no censorship. RCK didn't censor my upload, I retracted it.

Apologies to anyone who feels slighted by my wanting to remove it. Would the reaction have been the same if I (had and) posted KZ-Manager?
Old 29 April 2002, 16:05   #37
Mad Mark

Quote:
Originally posted by Twistin'Ghost
Perhaps it should be clarified. I was the one who asked RCK to delete the file. With consideration after I'd posted it (which was kind of an automatic reaction for me, if I have it, I upload it) I just felt it was a bit sick and unhealthy. So in reality, there was no censorship. RCK didn't censor my upload, I retracted it.

Apologies to anyone who feels slighted by my wanting to remove it. Would the reaction have been the same if I (had and) posted KZ-Manager?

I can understand such a reaction would be taken, had it been just after the recent tragedy in German town of Erfurt.

But to regret posting a game is no justification, on the matter of feeling it had to a sick and unhealthy content, you might want to ask yourself, why you are keeping such a game in the first place, if you feel it's so horrific. Plus the fact that your only 12 years old and the majority of the rest of use are adults, seeking out old game memories. I think WE are fully aware of what is right and what is wrong, we can easly make our own decisions, it's our own choice.

I'll be buggered if im going to have a kid tell me, what is unhealthy and what is not

In the end of the day it is only a game, animation! silly little cartoons moving around the screen. It's not like it is some sort of asian explotation psudo snuff film.

Old 30 April 2002, 03:28   #38
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Originally posted by Mad Mark
I can understand such a reaction would be taken, had it been just after the recent tragedy in German town of Erfurt.

But to regret posting a game is no justification, on the matter of feeling it had to a sick and unhealthy content, you might want to ask yourself, why you are keeping such a game in the first place, if you feel it's so horrific.
No justification? Who says I need justification? I made the decision to post it and then the decision to ask that it be retracted. I need no justification. Likewise, I never stated that I kept the game, nor did I ever state that I found it horrific. I said *I* found it sick and unhealthy. That's my opinion. You find gore enjoyable. That's your opinion. If I can respect your (unusual) opinion, please respect mine.
Quote:
Plus the fact that your only 12 years old and the majority of the rest of use are adults, seeking out old game memories. I think WE are fully aware of what is right and what is wrong, we can easly make our own decisions, it's our own choice.

I'll be buggered if im going to have a kid tell me, what is unhealthy and what is not

Quote:
In the end of the day it is only a game, animation! silly little cartoons moving around the screen. It's not like it is some sort of asian explotation psudo snuff film.
If it's only a game, animation, silly little cartoons - then why are you carrying on about it being removed? Since it's only those things, perhaps I can post an Eric Schwartz anim in it's place, since they fit that description as well...
AdSense AdSense