English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 19 June 2008, 21:29   #21
TCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2325 View Post
Rockstar Ate My Hedgehog is PC game, not Amiga.
Ah, didn't know that. Just asked bippy to search for it in his Amiga collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Looks like it's not an Amiga game anyway but PC remake. It's listed on dreamkatcha's website, maybe he has a copy as the link is dead?

http://kookosity.blogspot.com/2006/0...remakes-r.html
If the game is old enough there is a chance Retro-Nerd might know where to find it Would love to see what it's like

Thank you both for the info!
AdSense AdSense  
Old 19 June 2008, 21:32   #22
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Ah, didn't know that. Just asked bippy to search for it in his Amiga collection

I kinda forgot to mention the HD crash with 150gb amiga stuff on it that I have err lost (For now :P)

Tho someone wants to go halves on professional recovery, but alas it is still to expensive at like 200 each!!!!
Old 19 June 2008, 21:44   #23
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Anyone has a idea how to change the text (seems to be ASCII code)?
Really? I think I've got the files stored on a HD from my original version, I'll look into them.
If it's as easy as UBEK that is pure ASCII, and I've gladly translated it, there's no use for a coder and I might even do it meself.
Old 20 June 2008, 00:20   #24
TCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5h00n4y View Post
Really? I think I've got the files stored on a HD from my original version, I'll look into them.
If it's as easy as UBEK that is pure ASCII, and I've gladly translated it, there's no use for a coder and I might even do it meself.
Go for it Shoonay! I would love to see that game translated
There are many nice polish games and it's a bit hard to play some of them without a translation.
Old 20 June 2008, 00:22   #25
Rebel-CD32
Amiga will never die!

Send a message via MSN to Rebel-CD32
I was thinking of making a new Rock Star kind of game, similar to the band management sims, but with a bit of a twist, when you go to the gigs and have to play, the game becomes more challenging. I'd make it so you either use the Aiga's keyboard (or perhaps a MIDI keyboard if you have the quipment) for playing keyboard music, and a joypad or PS2 Guitar (using a PS2-CD32 adapter) for playing guitar music. Then it'd be similar to Guitar Hero (or Shredz64 on the Commodore 64), where you have to repeat a pattern that scrolls onto the screen, and the more accurately you copy the pattern, the more points you get and the further you progress through the game.

I think a game like this should start off small, you're a teenager who wants to form a band, so you put ads in the paper and interview band members, get the band together, then manage how much they practice, kick them out if they start slacking off, organise tours and stuff, then finally you play on gig night.

Would a game like this go down well with the Amiga community? I can propose it to Underground Arcade and see if we can make it. Perhaps use digitised graphics to speed things up, people could even submit photos of themselves looking like rockstars to be used as selectable band members in the game.
Old 20 June 2008, 01:56   #26
EmuChicken

lol... thanks for the replies.... just checking the links out now....

Rebel : maybe use of equipment would be cool too, you gotta buy your own crap, or rent the live halls amp setups then maybe get an inconstant sound.
Old 20 June 2008, 08:12   #27
EmuChicken

hmnn, I just tried "Rock Manager" ,,, and it sucks... sorry :-(
Old 20 June 2008, 11:42   #28
Ironclaw
Banned

Hmm, tempting to alter the gfx in the game and make an alt version. Rockstar Raped My Hamster
Old 26 June 2008, 15:34   #29
EmuChicken

Anyone have any information on "Rockstar ate my hedgehog" ? or any other games similar?

ta
Old 28 June 2008, 17:07   #30
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Here's another one, called Kudos Rock Legend, found when browsing Game Giveaway of the Day
Old 30 June 2008, 11:43   #31
EmuChicken

Hey this Kudos Rock Legend is pretty good... anyone who liked Rockstar will prolly like this one... gets a lil annoying when everyone in the band get pissy when you get semi-known and you practice in a garage tho ;-)

It also incorporates some of the "do it yourself" thing that Rebel mentioned before.. to get your skills up you need to use your keyboard like a piano and copy stuff in a simon-styled game...
AdSense AdSense