English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 13 March 2002, 06:10   #1
tassy

using tracktool and diskwiz

hello,
having already used adf2disk and tracksaver to write adfs to amiga disks i am finding that some games(entity for one) are not copying correctly(crashing etc),so i want to try tracktool and diskwiz to see if they can make a better job of transferring games to disk,but i can not get em to work !!.tracktool docs say install to c directory on amiga,does it mean the ram disk(tried that and started tracktool,but after usage commands nowt happens after i press return,at this point the file should be shoved onto disk,but nothing happens).i know i must be doing something wrong,so could some gent explain tracktool operation to an idiot like me,as it seems not to run via the same standard procedure as adf2disk etc.
im having th exact same prob with diskwiz.
cheers

AdSense AdSense  
Old 13 March 2002, 06:40   #2
jmmijo

Like most Disk Based OS's, AmigaDOS also has a command directory, it's called the 'c' directory! Just open a newcli and use the copy command like the following:

copy sourcefile(s) c:

where the sourcefile(s) means the source location of the file or files you want to copy and c: is the command directory! Be sure to use the : after the c, as this is the default alias for the command directory!

You can also use wildcard chars like # and ? to copy multiple files like in the following command:

copy df0:#? c:

this would caopy all files from the root of the disk in drive df0: to the c: directory!

Also, you may want to try another adf reader/writer, I personally use TSgui short for Tracksaver GUI. You can find it on Aminet!
AdSense AdSense