English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 27 May 2008, 18:01   #21
Macca
Zone Friend
Macca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Gloucester
Posts: 578
Funnily enough that's exactly what I'm thinking of doing next year. Have the loft converted then it will be my domain. No one will dare enter!


M.
Macca is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
Old 27 May 2008, 19:32   #22
chiark
Needs a life

chiark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: England
Posts: 1,621
I heartily recommend it. A friend converted his a little while after and he's christened it the pr0n lopht... Mine contains only the stuff that Zetr0 and EVO car magazine enthusiasts would find arousing

Unfortunately my youngest son (18 months old) now sees ladders as a challenge and is adept at climbing them. Unfortunately descending isn't quite something he's mastered.
chiark is offline  
Old 28 May 2008, 07:19   #23
Techx
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Middletown NJ, USA
Age: 45
Posts: 71
very funny we are all in the same situation.. i have a nice office with loads of pcs and my amigas set up but my wife is expecting in the winter and i will have to do something about all of it, but i always regretted selling my c128 when I was a kid, no way I'd ever part with my amigas.. you do have to make sacrifices for your children but we have the right to our own space and things we enjoy in life as well, it's a balance between the two
Techx is offline  
Old 28 May 2008, 09:11   #24
Macca
Zone Friend
Macca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Gloucester
Posts: 578
I'm lucky that myself and the wife don't want kids. So more space for me and my computers! Once the loft and workbenches are completed I'm literally having a row of computers (C64 / Amiga 1200 / 2000 and whatever else I can lay my hands on).

Can't wait but it will be about a year!


M.
Macca is offline  
Old 28 May 2008, 17:27   #25
blade002
Zone Friend
blade002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Australia
Age: 43
Posts: 2,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techx View Post
very funny we are all in the same situation.. i have a nice office with loads of pcs and my amigas set up but my wife is expecting in the winter and i will have to do something about all of it, but i always regretted selling my c128 when I was a kid, no way I'd ever part with my amigas.. you do have to make sacrifices for your children but we have the right to our own space and things we enjoy in life as well, it's a balance between the two
I find it funny how things as small as the Amiga & C64 in size, need to be sold up in order to make room for something else. In all honesty i think its just women trying to change us to the point of where we are no longer us, but somebody they are molding us into becoming, which has its good points and bad points.

In this case, its a "bad" point.
blade002 is offline  
Old 28 May 2008, 17:30   #26
DDNI
Targ Explorer

DDNI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern Ireland
Age: 43
Posts: 5,090
Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade002 View Post
I find it funny how things as small as the Amiga & C64 in size, need to be sold up in order to make room for something else. In all honesty i think its just women trying to change us to the point of where we are no longer us, but somebody they are molding us into becoming, which has its good points and bad points.

In this case, its a "bad" point.
blade0002 very well said old chap!

Here is my phone number 555-ICUTYOURBALLSOFF. Would you call my missus and explain that theory to her....
DDNI is offline  
Old 28 May 2008, 17:47   #27
blade002
Zone Friend
blade002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Australia
Age: 43
Posts: 2,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDNI View Post
blade0002 very well said old chap!

Here is my phone number 555-ICUTYOURBALLSOFF. Would you call my missus and explain that theory to her....
Too late, already lost my balls to another one of those vindictive manipulative creatures called Women

About the only thing left if my Twizzle Stick and i am kind of keen on keeping that for now, but thanks for the offer
blade002 is offline  
Old 28 May 2008, 18:26   #28
musashi5150
move.w #$4489,$dff07e
musashi5150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Norfolk, UK
Age: 36
Posts: 2,284
We should probably not offer bodyparts to DDNI's missus anyway... that's a road we shouldn't take
musashi5150 is offline  
Old 28 May 2008, 18:33   #29
Ironclaw
Banned
Ironclaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: ...
Age: 39
Posts: 3,313
Sell it all and use WinUAE with your PC. Will give you more space, money, cheaper bills.. etc etc etc.
Ironclaw is offline  
Old 28 May 2008, 19:01   #30
chiark
Needs a life

chiark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: England
Posts: 1,621
Cheaper bills? Just out of interest, on what basis are you making that statement?

Not on energy bills... An A1200 power supply is a 23W device. Running a decent PC that can emulate all that well is going to consume a little more than 23w

WinUAE is a great proposition for the Amiga, but to me there is something beautiful about old hardware - hence why I collect it .
chiark is offline  
Old 28 May 2008, 19:55   #31
Harrison
classicamiga.com
Harrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: UK
Age: 43
Posts: 155
We have to all stick together as males and stand firm against women! We will not give up our Amigas! I know my soon to be wife will continue to pursue the attempt to downsize my study so that it eventually fits into the corner of the living room behind the door! But she won't succeed. While we have two spare bedrooms in the house I do not see a need to have both occupied by unused beds!

As for converting a study into a kids play room! Why? Surely they can play in their bedrooms! I think parents deserve a play room more than the kids!
Harrison is offline  
Old 28 May 2008, 20:22   #32
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?
Zetr0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 43
Posts: 9,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
We have to all stick together as males and stand firm against women! We will not give up our Amigas! I know my soon to be wife will continue to pursue the attempt to downsize my study so that it eventually fits into the corner of the living room behind the door! But she won't succeed. While we have two spare bedrooms in the house I do not see a need to have both occupied by unused beds!

As for converting a study into a kids play room! Why? Surely they can play in their bedrooms! I think parents deserve a play room more than the kids!
!!!!!HERE HERE!!!!!
Zetr0 is offline  
Old 28 May 2008, 21:02   #33
Ironclaw
Banned
Ironclaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: ...
Age: 39
Posts: 3,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiark View Post
Cheaper bills? Just out of interest, on what basis are you making that statement?

Not on energy bills... An A1200 power supply is a 23W device. Running a decent PC that can emulate all that well is going to consume a little more than 23w

WinUAE is a great proposition for the Amiga, but to me there is something beautiful about old hardware - hence why I collect it .
I'm basing that on the fact that probably every person today has a PC. You have Amigas+PC, remove Amiga and play Amiga on PC = cheaper electricity bills as only one computer instead of several is needed in each household.
Ironclaw is offline  
Old 28 May 2008, 21:18   #34
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Retro-Nerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Germany
Age: 45
Posts: 10,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclaw View Post
I'm basing that on the fact that probably every person today has a PC. You have Amigas+PC, remove Amiga and play Amiga on PC = cheaper electricity bills as only one computer instead of several is needed in each household.
Sure, and this 1.21 gigawatts Amigas costs thousands once a month.
Retro-Nerd is offline  
Old 28 May 2008, 21:38   #35
Ironclaw
Banned
Ironclaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: ...
Age: 39
Posts: 3,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
Sure, and this 1.21 gigawatts Amigas costs thousands once a month.
Just saying it's cheaper to have a PC than a PC+more computers ... then it's more space etc again.
Ironclaw is offline  
Old 28 May 2008, 21:58   #36
twizzle
Registered User
twizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: taunton.som.uk
Age: 66
Posts: 681
i totaly agree with all the above statements,
regarding women wanting what they want us to become, and telling us men what & where & when & how we must conform to there rules

what about what we want ?

they want us to get rid o`ve all our hobbies and other things that we like to do,so that they can dictate our live`s

talk about give and take
twizzle is offline  
Old 28 May 2008, 22:08   #37
Ironclaw
Banned
Ironclaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: ...
Age: 39
Posts: 3,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by twizzle View Post
i totaly agree with all the above statements,
regarding women wanting what they want us to become, and telling us men what & where & when & how we must conform to there rules

what about what we want ?

they want us to get rid o`ve all our hobbies and other things that we like to do,so that they can dictate our live`s

talk about give and take

That's why I'm single... I hate women! ... love girls...... and I will never ever get married... 101% sure. I've learned from the best - Al Bundy.

But unlike alot of men, I won't succumb to womens orders... if they want me to do something and I don't feel like it.. I SAY so...
Ironclaw is offline  
Old 28 May 2008, 22:16   #38
StarEye
Zone Friend
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Norway
Age: 40
Posts: 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclaw View Post
I've learned from the best - Al Bundy.
Oh, hi there Bud!
StarEye is offline  
Old 28 May 2008, 22:30   #39
twizzle
Registered User
twizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: taunton.som.uk
Age: 66
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclaw View Post
That's why I'm single... I hate women! ... love girls...... and I will never ever get married... 101% sure. I've learned from the best - Al Bundy.

But unlike alot of men, I won't succumb to womens orders... if they want me to do something and I don't feel like it.. I SAY so...
thats why i am now single again and have been for the past 20 years
my front room is my play room
and if i want to stay out late fishing, I can (now) without any ear ache
twizzle is offline  
Old 28 May 2008, 23:21   #40
Ironclaw
Banned
Ironclaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: ...
Age: 39
Posts: 3,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by twizzle View Post
thats why i am now single again and have been for the past 20 years
my front room is my play room
and if i want to stay out late fishing, I can (now) without any ear ache
Good for you, there are not many smart people like us. Most people think about their appearence and falls for the "social images", that everyone should have a GF or they are afraid to be considered gay and stuff... and that everyone should be married etc.. lol.. not me .

I'm FREE! and I'm lovin' it.
Ironclaw is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Lincs Amiga User Group aka "LAG" Meeting Confirmed for Sat 2nd of March" rockape News 2 21 February 2013 23:46
"Reminder "Lincs Amiga User Group aka "LAG" Meet Sat 5th of January 2013" rockape News 4 30 January 2013 01:06
CD32 Image-Name-Bug: "...(bla)[!].zip" -> "...(bla)[" / "...[test].zip" -> "...[tes" cfTrio support.WinUAE 8 18 December 2012 17:31
"Lincs Amiga User Group aka "LAG" meet confirmed on Saturday the 5th of January 2013" rockape News 2 06 November 2012 21:16
Problems with "Thespywholovedme", "Flood", "Shinobi" sareks support.Games 12 03 May 2006 15:52

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Page generated in 0.37021 seconds with 11 queries