English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 16 May 2008, 13:50   #41
AndreasM
Registered User
AndreasM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: germany
Posts: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco pedrana View Post
never said you are a bad guy:
oh, i heard other words on EAB for me.

Quote:
i may strongly disapprove your vision in which you support this community
what special?

that i work for free for the Amiga Future?
That i work for free like projects like Guru-Book?
or that i hold the rights from our software?
AndreasM is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
Old 16 May 2008, 14:00   #42
EmuChicken
Senior Member
EmuChicken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Nagoya, Japan (moved!)
Age: 34
Posts: 719
@Andreas.,.. if you want to print the book, PRINT IT ALREADY! . .. Theres ALWAYS going to be pirates, hackers and whatever... I mean look at video games sales... if you're gonna just keep complaining about piracy, then you'll NEVER get anything done...

I like downloading audio cds n stuff... HOWEVER... if I like it , I BUY IT! - and I'm sure this rings true to anything available online (unless not available elsewhere!)

This projects not dead due to piracy... its due to you guys not printing it! - piracy, as always, is just a lame excuse.

edit: @ "ACP & TCP" as a company... if you want money, make something worth buying and do so. If you want to support the community, share your old (see: Ancient) work that you're trying to sell today (and most probably failing!)
EmuChicken is offline  
Old 16 May 2008, 14:10   #43
AndreasM
Registered User
AndreasM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: germany
Posts: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmuChicken View Post
@Andreas.,.. if you want to print the book, PRINT IT ALREADY! . .. Theres ALWAYS going to be pirates, hackers and whatever... I mean look at video games sales... if you're gonna just keep complaining about piracy, then you'll NEVER get anything done...

I like downloading audio cds n stuff... HOWEVER... if I like it , I BUY IT! - and I'm sure this rings true to anything available online (unless not available elsewhere!)

This projects not dead due to piracy... its due to you guys not printing it! - piracy, as always, is just a lame excuse.
again. Ralph say no.

and i dont like, too. i work for free, just for fun. the pirates damage my fun. why the user think i must anythink do?

Quote:
edit: @ "ACP & TCP" as a company... if you want money, make something worth buying and do so. If you want to support the community, share your old (see: Ancient) work that you're trying to sell today (and most probably failing!)
is it not enough what i make for the community? the Amiga Future page, fullversion foir free download and many other.

with our sorftware we payed the develope from new software. we payed the pages. why think everybody when i make some for free i must do all for free?
AndreasM is offline  
Old 16 May 2008, 14:17   #44
EmuChicken
Senior Member
EmuChicken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Nagoya, Japan (moved!)
Age: 34
Posts: 719
Quote:
i work for free, just for fun. the pirates damage my fun. why the user think i must anythink do?
No, they dont damage your fun, you just THINK they do...

Quote:
Is it not enough what i make for the community? the Amiga Future page, fullversion foir free download and many other.
Really? .... damn I'm not up to date at all ;-) - I just remember the ACP company messing around with the downloads on WHDLoad sites etc...

Edit: uh, better apologize... sorry everyone for going a bit nuts! :-) ... unintended... I just get irritated at times... Did anyone remember my site maybe around 6-10 years back? I had like Amiga kickstart roms up for download... amiga games, adfs, snes, megadrive, arcade, amstrad roms all up for free download? I didn't even pay anyone... just all from my heart... I had fun making the site, and people had fun playing the games I provided.... It was probably illegal but I had a banner that said if you dont own it , you need to detelete it within 24 hours... so it was completely legal like.... ;-)

Last edited by EmuChicken; 16 May 2008 at 14:23.
EmuChicken is offline  
Old 16 May 2008, 14:24   #45
AndreasM
Registered User
AndreasM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: germany
Posts: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmuChicken View Post
No, they dont damage your fun, you just THINK they do...
its only possible what i feel

Quote:
Really? .... damn I'm not up to date at all ;-) - I just remember the ACP company messing around with the downloads on WHDLoad sites etc...
messing whdload sites? what mean you?

look at amigafuture.de whta we make all for free. look which software are in develope at the moment by us.

i make only website trouble when they make us trouble, example spread our own software.
AndreasM is offline  
Old 16 May 2008, 14:43   #46
Marcuz
Wurk???
Marcuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: .
Age: 41
Posts: 5,185
Please guys, let not become this thread a fight over apc-tcp. let's be ok with the fact that we disagree on it being good for amiga users or not.
it's perfectly ok for it to exist.
Marcuz is offline  
Old 16 May 2008, 14:51   #47
EmuChicken
Senior Member
EmuChicken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Nagoya, Japan (moved!)
Age: 34
Posts: 719
"messing whdload sites? what mean you?"

nah, ... I cant actually remember XD

... ok Marco... I'll leave it at that . :-) - sometimes I go off on one :E
EmuChicken is offline  
Old 16 May 2008, 15:58   #48
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits
cosmicfrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: leek, Staffs, UK
Age: 50
Posts: 3,555
Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
How dose A
Unfortunately, the release of the 800-page extended edition of the Amiga Guru Book (covering OS 3.x and beyond) scheduled for April was preempted by some fool seeding a scan of the older version into one of those pirate-to-pirate networks
Prove B
eliminating all hopes of me ever being able to recover the cost of a reprint

Perosnaly I can`t see the logic

just sounds like fee advertising 2 me
cosmicfrog is offline  
Old 16 May 2008, 16:32   #49
Marcuz
Wurk???
Marcuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: .
Age: 41
Posts: 5,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicfrog View Post
How dose A
Unfortunately, the release of the 800-page extended edition of the Amiga Guru Book (covering OS 3.x and beyond) scheduled for April was preempted by some fool seeding a scan of the older version into one of those pirate-to-pirate networks
Prove B
eliminating all hopes of me ever being able to recover the cost of a reprint

Perosnaly I can`t see the logic

just sounds like fee advertising 2 me
well on that i can understand the position of the author, most of all if he too aspires (perish the thought) to see some money for his work, cut the expenses of publishing.

i would say that if you run the numbers of the publication and you amount to a minimun number of people needed to buy the book to meet the expenses and that's larger than the number of people you think will buy it after having advertised it to your target market AND your target market is also the only one eventually interested to the same text online as a torrent...

i need to learn to use pauses in my phrases...
Marcuz is offline  
Old 16 May 2008, 17:46   #50
_ThEcRoW
Amiga Geek
_ThEcRoW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Age: 38
Posts: 903
You don't give your magazine for free. At least on what free means to you.
I get always a order link when clicking on a magazine.
So, don't tell you do all for free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasM View Post
again. Ralph say no.

and i dont like, too. i work for free, just for fun. the pirates damage my fun. why the user think i must anythink do?



is it not enough what i make for the community? the Amiga Future page, fullversion foir free download and many other.

with our sorftware we payed the develope from new software. we payed the pages. why think everybody when i make some for free i must do all for free?
_ThEcRoW is offline  
Old 16 May 2008, 17:52   #51
AndreasM
Registered User
AndreasM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: germany
Posts: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by _ThEcRoW View Post
You don't give your magazine for free.
i work for free for the magazine. dont make money with this. same the writers. there work for free, too.

Quote:
At least on what free means to you.
look at our page www.amigafuture.de

we have 3.000 articles online, 11.000 screenshots, many fullversionen, freeware and many more.

Quote:
I get always a order link when clicking on a magazine.
So, don't tell you do all for free.
order link? on the left side on the page are the link to our shop. thats normal on a page...


ahh, now i understand. look here: http://www.amigafuture.de/kb.php?mode=cat&cat=10

here found you more as 40 issues what you can read online.
AndreasM is offline  
Old 16 May 2008, 18:06   #52
BippyM
Global Moderator

BippyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Nottingham, UK
Age: 42
Posts: 8,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasM View Post
but EAB are a part from the what kill my fun at this project. how many copies from the Guru-Book must i delete in the zone? 3? 4?
that the reason why i dont invest time to talk with Ralph for change his decide.

sure, i am the bad guy for you. but i dont kill the project! the project killed by the pirates.

Fortunatley the EAB does have the zone, Unfortunately it is occasionally abused. I have always deleted anything from the zone you have requested (Or should I say demanded as manners are not in your vocabulary). I have also removed anything from the zone that is owned by yourselves or has anything to do with you, and also anything which is still maintained (and is not related to you)!

To say EAB is bad, is a waste of time. It is not us who scanned the book, it isn't us that have distributed it and I know for sure there'd be at least a 20-30 members who would have paid for the updated book in either PDF or physical form, myself included!
BippyM is offline  
Old 16 May 2008, 18:23   #53
AndreasM
Registered User
AndreasM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: germany
Posts: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym View Post
Fortunatley the EAB does have the zone, Unfortunately it is occasionally abused. I have always deleted anything from the zone you have requested (Or should I say demanded as manners are not in your vocabulary). I have also removed anything from the zone that is owned by yourselves or has anything to do with you, and also anything which is still maintained (and is not related to you)!

To say EAB is bad, is a waste of time. It is not us who scanned the book, it isn't us that have distributed it and I know for sure there'd be at least a 20-30 members who would have paid for the updated book in either PDF or physical form, myself included!
i dont say the EAB are complete bad. but the eab (right, there deleted when i request. but how many must i request?) have a big part that I (i talk from me, nor for Ralph!) loose my motivation.

Ralph decide to close the project.

the only what i can make is that i talk with him that he changed his opinion.

but i loose my fun at this project.

to many trouble with the pirate copies. i have do enough to start the project, that ralph write changes and make the print data. i search a print company what can print books from 50-xxx for a good price. all this for free. i would dont make money. when we have maked money with the project i would give all to the amiga future webpage. i do many for this project (and other), but when i read sime comments i must ask: why? and why think people that i there help that Ralph change his mind.

i dont damage the project.

say thanks to the uploader from the torrent!
AndreasM is offline  
Old 16 May 2008, 18:26   #54
BippyM
Global Moderator

BippyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Nottingham, UK
Age: 42
Posts: 8,621
This book has nothing to do with eab..

Unfortunately the few mods cannot watch the zone 24 hours a day, so we cannot always know what is in the zone..

Yeah I appreciate you have to tell us sometimes, but how is it our fault what users upload?

All we can do is remove it as soon as it is noticed by someone (you, us, an honest member)!!
BippyM is offline  
Old 16 May 2008, 18:37   #55
AndreasM
Registered User
AndreasM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: germany
Posts: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym View Post
This book has nothing to do with eab..

Unfortunately the few mods cannot watch the zone 24 hours a day, so we cannot always know what is in the zone..

Yeah I appreciate you have to tell us sometimes, but how is it our fault what users upload?

All we can do is remove it as soon as it is noticed by someone (you, us, an honest member)!!
i know. the mods/admin delete it.

but you must understand me, too. the problem with the pirate copies is, that they damage every motivation to use my time without money for the community. and when i read than some comments... must nothing say... for me are the eab a big part for MY decide that i do nothing more for this project. the same for the other non profit projects what we would release this year.

when ralph ask me that i help him... sure i do it. bi i do nothing that he change his way.
AndreasM is offline  
Old 16 May 2008, 18:49   #56
BippyM
Global Moderator

BippyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Nottingham, UK
Age: 42
Posts: 8,621
I understand exactly what you say and I understand how frustrating it may be, but at the same time, you worked against us despite myself offering to work with you to help the Amiga community..

Manners cost nothing.. remember that
BippyM is offline  
Old 16 May 2008, 18:55   #57
EmuChicken
Senior Member
EmuChicken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Nagoya, Japan (moved!)
Age: 34
Posts: 719
Quote:
i search a print company what can print books from 50-xxx for a good price. all this for free. i would dont make money. when we have maked money with the project i would give all to the amiga future webpage.
seriously, you make no sense....

for any project to work, you need to first spend money! ... and you just said... "I dont make money" then say "but when we make money with the project, it goes all to the amiga future webpage"

Blaming pirates, then EAB? ... Seriously, if you want satisfaction, just get something MADE, and then you'll get your rewards... stop blaming stuff!
EmuChicken is offline  
Old 16 May 2008, 18:55   #58
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Retro-Nerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Germany
Age: 45
Posts: 10,745
You could have accept prepaid orders. I can't guess the worldwide interest in this item, maybe 100-150. Then print 200 copies (50 for stock) and ship this damn book. But PLEASE, stop the whining about EAB & pirates.
Retro-Nerd is offline  
Old 16 May 2008, 18:55   #59
AndreasM
Registered User
AndreasM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: germany
Posts: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym View Post
I understand exactly what you say and I understand how frustrating it may be, but at the same time, you worked against us despite myself offering to work with you to help the Amiga community..

Manners cost nothing.. remember that
i dont work against you. dont have the time for this

but i say everytime that what i think. and the eab (and only this forum) make me trouble.

and i dont know how i can cooperate with the eab.
AndreasM is offline  
Old 16 May 2008, 18:57   #60
BippyM
Global Moderator

BippyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Nottingham, UK
Age: 42
Posts: 8,621
Ask politely for things to be removed. Be less aggressive, if you want to be aggressive then be aggressive towards the person uploading the file to the zone etc..

I will always work with you in removing anything that is yours and so will the other mods!
BippyM is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Apc&tcp 2008 AndreasM News 7 30 January 2008 13:16
APC&TCP is searching for developers AndreasM Amiga scene 1 31 May 2007 12:34
Reprint of the Amiga Guru Book AndreasM News 14 20 April 2007 19:50
APC&TCP is getting 14 years old AndreasM News 0 04 May 2006 18:03

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Page generated in 0.26777 seconds with 11 queries