English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Looking for a game name ?

Old 14 March 2002, 16:26   #41
Tim Janssen

Smile Rebel Racer on C64? Great!

It comes as a real surprise to me that Rebel Racer is released on C64. This game is very rare, that is for sure. In the 6 years I hunt for C64 games, I have never found Rebel Racer. Do you have a .D64 or T64-file of it? It would be great to have this game in my posession.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 14 March 2002, 17:21   #42
Korodny
Zone Friend

Rebel Racer (C64)

@Tim:

I'm too lazy to upload my own version (I would have to get my C64 from the cellar first, quite a task ), so I'll upload the Success version I found at the Digital Dungeon (ftp://ftp.scs-trc.net/pub/c64/Scene).

In other words: It's untested. If it does make any problems, tell me and I'll upload my own version.
Old 14 March 2002, 22:49   #43
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Ummm...this one is LYNXed.
In case you don't want to go through this unpacking pain, I've uploaded a D64 for you I just created.
Old 15 March 2002, 12:31   #44
Tim Janssen

Smile C64 fun

Thanks for uploading Rebel Racers, Andreas.
It would not be a problem if the C64-file was lynxed. I have all sorts of possible C64 file transformation-tools in my posession and have unlynxed many C64 games before in DOS. Pity I burned my C64-games collection to CD-rom last week. I called it '3450 C64 games'. With Rebel Racers added to the collection, I ought to call it 3450 C64 games plus one.
Old 25 March 2002, 09:52   #45
Tim Janssen

Arrow About (A)tron 5000

Cody,
I have checked out the screenshots you provided for Atron 5000/ Tron 5000 and I think these are two completely different games.
In Zzap! issue 43, November 1988, page 79 they reviewed Atron 5000 by softwarepublisher Players. The screenshots in this game looked very different to those provided by you. I hoped I could put a link to that review at http://www.zzap64.co.uk but since that site is down I'll try to describe it.

Here is an excerpt of the game which hopefully will ring a bell: The main game is split up in two horizontal screens and features bass-relief graphics. The area in which the Tron-cycles move are scattered with obstacles and walls. Some bonus-objects can be picked up and can be used to obstruct the opponent (e.g. suddenly let appear a wall). There is no ingame music, only sampled spot effects. Overall there are 8 zones to conquer which can be all accessed from the main menu. Maybe I will post some screenshots of the Zzap! Atron 5000-review tomorrow.
Old 15 August 2006, 10:16   #46
Zeewolf
I am an Amiga man.

I've still yet to find this game and therefore decided to bump this thread.

Its definitely none of the games mentioned so far.

Definitely a tron game that followed a seqence of demos. If I remember definitely a green alien in one of the demos which I believed went "ha ha ha" before moving onto another demo.

The game itself was brilliantly addictive. I think you could choose the number of light cycles in the game depending on difficulty (upto 8 I think). And you could have 2 human players in it. When you pressed the fire button on your joystick you'd really speed up and you whizzed across the screen trying to block off your opponents. Im sure the cpu players were a red line and human players were a white line and a yellow line.

Cant really remember much else. Just gutted I cant remember the name of it. Was a really good 2 player game.

Old 15 August 2006, 11:58   #47
Haakon

A shot in the dark, but if i remember correctly so had Predator Megademo a Tron game in it where you could play 2 humans and 2 computer at the same time.
Old 15 August 2006, 16:43   #48
Turrican

Also looking for a tron-type game!

I am too looking for a tron-type game!

I had it on a disk with 3 other games! It's quite simple. You play against 3 computer-players. the screen is gray and the gaming area is only one screen. every player (not sure, but i think it's even multiplayer) starts in a corner. on the right is the scoreboard. after some rounds the player with the most points (driving the most time) wins.

I always thought the games name starts with "qu" like quatron or something like that but I found nothing like that so far...

thx in advance for hints!

Old 01 November 2009, 00:35   #49
Zeewolf
I am an Amiga man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
A shot in the dark, but if i remember correctly so had Predator Megademo a Tron game in it where you could play 2 humans and 2 computer at the same time.
After 7 years, I'm still looking for this game. It's eluded me all these years. Can somebody please upload the predator megademo that Haakon was referring to? Hmmm, I maybe shooting in the dark here as I don't even know how many predator megademo's there have been over the years. It might not even be that.

Many thanks.
Old 01 November 2009, 00:40   #50
TCD

Seems like there is only one : http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=10306
Hope it's the one you search for
The original links are down, so use these ones :
http://www.scene.org/file.php?file=/...A.dms&fileinfo
http://www.scene.org/file.php?file=/...B.dms&fileinfo
Old 01 November 2009, 13:52   #51
Zeewolf
I am an Amiga man.

The search goes on.......

I'm afraid that isn't the demo with the tron game that I was looking for. I think I may have to concede defeat in looking for this one.

It's the green alien in it that I thought would give it away, but it's proving to be elusive.

Thanks anyway guys.
Old 03 November 2009, 16:47   #52
Titler
Zone Friend

I also have a vague memory of a mass multiple player Tron clone on the Amiga, which also included that speeding up button, but in my memory it was pure lines dashing everywhere... however I've just been through my old collection of Amiga discs (having to use a screwdriver to flip open the lock, as I've long since mislaid the key for the disc holders) and the only 3 I've got as far as I can tell are;

Tracers: 2 Players, chunky chunky early amiga graphics, but it puts in many, many AI players on top of you two;

http://hol.abime.net/4026

Tangle: 4 simultaneous human players, but no AI, on the Amiga Power 27 cover disc;

http://amr.abime.net/issue_27_coverdisks

and Megatron, a 2 player only, line drawn game on the One Amiga 46 coverdisc;

http://amr.abime.net/issue_329_coverdisks

None of them from what I can see after a quick WinUAE play have a speed-up button though. I'm not sure you're wrong that there was one, but if I ever had it, it's not coming to hand easily in a rummage through all my old, badly labelled and mostly pirated discs!
Old 09 November 2009, 23:08   #53
Zeewolf
I am an Amiga man.

How sad am I?! I've even started dreaming about this now!

I did remember another fact about the demo. The iron maiden - Eddie or alien head character I remember saying 'Stay a while, stay forever' and then laughing. I don't know if that helps at all? The tron game was right at the end of the demo.
Old 09 November 2009, 23:24   #54
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
Could it be Qix?
Old 09 November 2009, 23:29   #55
Zeewolf
I am an Amiga man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamiga2002 View Post
Could it be Qix?
No i'm afraid not.
Old 28 February 2010, 17:06   #56
microslave
Amiga 1000 [1986]

I think you found the Tron game now

Hi Zeewolf,

I think we were looking for the same game/demo. I started a thread about this some time ago. Here's the link:

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=28749

It's on a disk "Hotest Stuffs in 1988 (1988)(Megaforce).zip" that I found on planet emu. I remembered the short intro too ("Stay a while, stay forever...<evil laughtner>", so that helped me remembering.

Hope, you are still looking for that, are you?

Regards
Old 04 August 2010, 12:38   #57
Zeewolf
I am an Amiga man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by microslave View Post
Hi Zeewolf,

I think we were looking for the same game/demo. I started a thread about this some time ago. Here's the link:

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=28749

It's on a disk "Hotest Stuffs in 1988 (1988)(Megaforce).zip" that I found on planet emu. I remembered the short intro too ("Stay a while, stay forever...<evil laughtner>", so that helped me remembering.

Hope, you are still looking for that, are you?

Regards
I don't believe it!!! After 8 years my search for this is finally over. Thank you Microslave. This IS the demo/game I've been looking for. This tron game is GREAT!!! I hope everybody else enjoys it too. Thanks again mate! Ahhh the memories.
AdSense AdSense