English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 15 March 2008, 02:10   #1
zigmund

Need to boot from Wb floppy with acess to CF0:

I've replaced my A1200 120 Mb hard drive with a new 2.1Gb and I've previously made a copy of my original system to a Compact Flash card.

After the hardrive partitioning with HDToolBox, I have installed Workbench 3.0 from my original floppy's and I've made two attempts to copy the old files over to the new HD, replacing the newly installed system files but, so far, I've ended with some errors, missing files and such.

It will be much easier for me if I could simply boot from a floppy and copy the original system files and configurations over the new formated partition. To do that, however, I need to boot from a modified Workbench3.0 floppy disk with CF access.

Anyone has any idea how to setup such a Wb boot disk?

Thanks in advance.

AdSense AdSense  
Old 15 March 2008, 02:24   #2
davideo
Amiga Tomcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigmund View Post
To do that, however, I need to boot from a modified Workbench3.0 floppy disk with CF access.

Anyone has any idea how to setup such a Wb boot disk?

Thanks in advance.
The original ADAPCMCFL floppy disc (and a valid Workbench disc) I got with my adaptor and CF Card allows you to boot up with a CF0: device and allows the HD to be seen.

Have you tried yours?

Dave G

Last edited by davideo; 15 March 2008 at 02:46. Reason: Forgot that you need wb disc as well
Old 15 March 2008, 10:04   #3
zigmund

Thanks Dave, for your reply. Well, no because I don't have that "ADAPCMCFL floppy disc". I just bought one PCMCIA adaptor and plug it to the Amiga PCMCIA port, following the threads here, in eab, but I do have the original (and valid) Workbench3.0 disc set.

I was kind of surprised, being away for so long of the Amiga scene, that I could use a CF card at all. I begin to read posts and looking for Amiga related stuff on the web and I decided pick up my A1200 back to life. Soon, I realized that my humble 120Mb HD has to be replaced.

Can you tell me what files are inside that ADAPCMCFL floppy? I could try to make one.

Thank you in advance

Old 15 March 2008, 14:13   #4
musojon74

Welcome to EAB!

You'll need to get Fat95 (http://main.aminet.net/pub/aminet/disk/misc/fat95.lha) and also CFD (http://main.aminet.net/pub/aminet/driver/media/cfd.lha). You should be able to fit the required files onto your WB disk (make a copy though in case). Boot from your wb disk, install cfd (stick the files from c into your wb:c, compactflash.device into wb:devs, and CF0 and CF0.info into your devs:dosdrivers folder. That should do it!

edit: then you install fat95 with it's installer! nearly missed that.

Last edited by musojon74; 15 March 2008 at 14:14. Reason: stupidity
Old 15 March 2008, 15:37   #5
zigmund

Thanks musojon74

Worked!
Made a copy of Wb3.0, deleted some files to make some free space and added compactflash.device in to DEVS:, fat95 in L: and CF0 in DEVSOSDrivers.

Thanks again...

Old 15 March 2008, 16:19   #6
musojon74

No probs - glad to be of service

Jon
AdSense AdSense