English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 01 July 2011, 15:33   #441
Phantom
Adventurer

Don't have time to read 400+ posts of this thread, but Vesalia has already NatamiMX (not for sale) but at least listed for September this year. I don't know if this has been mentioned already here.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 02 July 2011, 19:51   #442
prowler
Global Moderator

I like their style at Vesalia; you can't fault their optimism!

Surely THE most essential trait for an Amiga reseller.
Old 19 June 2012, 14:10   #443
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

@Part of my subscription review,prune and revival process@

I'm sorry but I just couldnt help sharing the laugh I had when I spotted this in my thread subscriptions... Summer 2008...

Old 19 June 2012, 14:22   #444
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
http://www.natami.net/knowledge.php?...729&order=&x=1

First post by Claudio Wieland...
Old 19 June 2012, 15:49   #445
roy bates

i dont think its ever going to see daylight,i wont hold my breath on this one.
Old 19 June 2012, 16:13   #446
moijk
License to Bubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy bates View Post
i dont think its ever going to see daylight,i wont hold my breath on this one.
I highly doubt Thomas will let his hard work go to waste. But I'm not holding my breath to the launch.
Old 19 June 2012, 16:39   #447
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamiga2002 View Post
Yeah posted after it was already 3 years and 9 months overdue!
Old 19 June 2012, 22:36   #448
Lord Aga
MI clan prevails

Quote:
Originally Posted by moijk View Post
I highly doubt Thomas will let his hard work go to waste.
True. He has finished the LX board. Then, the MX. Now he is working on the final version called the MD. Minor tweaks to make it perfect for the public release.

Now, after all this, and everything he has already accomplished in the past years, does anyone think Thomas will just drop the project ?

Would you ?

Would I ?
Old 19 June 2012, 23:41   #449
desiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Aga View Post
Would I ?
Hunchback!!

Oh, sorry, old joke...

Anyway, it does seem like it's so close that it's likely to be released in some way..
Not sure I'm the target audience, and probably not a purchaser..
But fingers crossed that it makes it to release..

desiv
Old 23 June 2012, 18:01   #450
fishyfish
Banned

By who's definition would leaving it after 5 or so years mean it hasnt scratched the original itch? Surely that's up to the developer? He's done his work, and has mostly reached his goals, so who knows, maybe he's happy with that? From what Ive seen Im under the impression that its was more the people riding Thomas's tailcoats and trying to validate themselves by claiming to be "on the natami team" that were the ones who promoted it as something that would be on sail at all, let alone given dates.

I was also under the impression that the announcement from a month or so back was made by people other than Thomas, claiming that there'd be something for sale in the future, but not under the name Natzmi.

To me it looks like Natami has all but been abandoned, the only few people claiming it'll still happen being those that were never really part of "the team" anyway?
So far as Im concerned its over and done with. As I pointed out more than a few times I was sceptical in the past about it ever seeing the light of day. Now moreso than ever.

Not being negative here, Thomas did some good work with his project, and Im happy for him to have had some success with the engineering side of it. The often heard claims of it being a new, "super amiga" that people can buy at some point I believe to be more a figment of a small group of peoples imaginations (those that liked to tell others theyre a member of the natami team but who actually did nothing). Sorry if I drone on those people a little, but it annoys me to see others try to take credit for someone elses work, and unfortunately there was a few of those "involved" with the natami engineering experiment project.
Old 23 June 2012, 19:44   #451
Samurai_Crow
Total Chaos forever!

Send a message via Yahoo to Samurai_Crow
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishyfish View Post
Not being negative here, Thomas did some good work with his project, and Im happy for him to have had some success with the engineering side of it. The often heard claims of it being a new, "super amiga" that people can buy at some point I believe to be more a figment of a small group of peoples imaginations (those that liked to tell others theyre a member of the natami team but who actually did nothing). Sorry if I drone on those people a little, but it annoys me to see others try to take credit for someone elses work, and unfortunately there was a few of those "involved" with the natami engineering experiment project.
Just a few comments: Most of the members of the NatAmi team were software people. In other words, we needed working hardware to start our end of the project. I was reluctant to join the team because I didn't have the funds to buy a prototype NatAmi board but I joined. I have a few regrets but mostly because of things that I said to Thomas himself, not because of what was planned. And before anyone asks, my role was to be the device driver designer for AROS 68k.
Old 16 July 2012, 00:44   #452
imigger
Banned

i reckon my winkle will actualy grow anothe 15inches before this comes out lol.
Old 16 July 2012, 00:50   #453
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
From what Ive seen Im under the impression that its was more the people riding Thomas's tailcoats and trying to validate themselves by claiming to be "on the natami team" that were the ones who promoted it as something that would be on sail at all, let alone given dates.
Exactly! Big Gun anyone?

Quote:
100% ACK!
Old 31 July 2012, 01:23   #454
imigger
Banned

im buying a time machine to go back to 2008 as i missed natami coming out and im really upset.

maybe while im back in 2008 ill say im going to bring out a super computer called amiga 1 tastic , and see what happens to the thread in 2012.
Old 18 August 2012, 00:37   #455
OlafSch

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
Exactly! Big Gun anyone?

100% ACK!
I do not want to make any comments regarding "Thomas Amiga Project" (called "Natami") anymore, only a short because I was also a "Team-Member" and always called a lazy dog only trying to get some of the shine of Thomas great work. I do not want to make him or his work down but I now understand that collaboration and opensource is the only way to go. Always if there are big "Egos" involved (and there are a lot of big "Egos" in the community) it all ends in a dead end. It is correct that there were expectations rising (partly because of the communication by team-members) that were outside the reality but if the person that has the knowledge does not correct it, not in the public forum nor in the team area, then the person that does not correct this in time is partly to blame. And if this person is not interested in people outside but want it to do solely on its own way, without anyone participating in any kind why making a website and talking of "team"? Why not work in it at home and secretely and only informing people when it is ready (or never if there is no interest anymore). I really do not understand it. I cannot say much about the reasons of the delays (f.e. redesign) or about the choice of tools and technologies because I lack the knowledge. But always blaming the "lazy team" is a lot too simple.
Old 18 August 2012, 03:34   #456
TCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlafSch View Post
It is correct that there were expectations rising (partly because of the communication by team-members) that were outside the reality but if the person that has the knowledge does not correct it, not in the public forum nor in the team area, then the person that does not correct this in time is partly to blame.
Sorry, but that makes no sense. If you have no clue about what's going on, why make comments about anything then?
Old 18 August 2012, 10:56   #457
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
Some info leak from Thomas would be good, even if it's tiny just to know that the project is still ongoing and not buried. Now it feels like someone was waving a candy in front of you and then just puts it in his pocket and don't answer any pleas...
Old 07 November 2012, 03:32   #458
Kitty
Cant rain all the time..

this has got to be the biggest vapourware scam ever, I want my 1000 deposit back.
Old 07 November 2012, 04:34   #459
Akiko

@kitty

I hope your your kidding right?!?
Old 07 November 2012, 05:24   #460
NovaCoder

All of the these FPGA projects seem to have trouble getting a something to retail (only MiniMig has really made it to-date).

FPGA Arcade continues slowly, Clone-A is apparently also alive but again is moving very slowly.
AdSense AdSense