English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 18 December 2007, 06:31   #181
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred the Duck View Post
I guarantee once this dies down, the weirdos will crawl back to the cyber-amiga-fanatic cave where they came from and not post here again.
And if anyone does no lie what I say, tough. Be a man about it and don't whine.

This is exact the same i've said to DoubleD last evening. You are damn right my friend.

Last edited by Retro-Nerd; 18 December 2007 at 06:53.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 18 December 2007, 06:35   #182
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountRaven View Post

I would spend some valuable time rolling arround your nice forum and
keep searching for a PPC card to build that PPC Amiga system that
would make me available to buy a real copy of OS4 and run it.... You
see I have not a MacMini Wink! Wink!

Keep on the AMIGA way!
Well this is the first decent post in this thread so far, even if i don't care about AmigaOS4/PPC stuff. But running AOS4 on a Amiga with a PPC card makes at least sense. They are very hard to find these days, CountRaven. Maybe you can find something on eBay.
Old 18 December 2007, 07:05   #183
AmigaMac

I have just received an email death threat because of my gift. This does not scare me! I will not stop until I prove my gift is real for Amiga fans. Amiga OS 4 forever!

Old 18 December 2007, 09:22   #184
motorollin

Why is it childish to want to run OS4 on a Mac? And Retro Nerd why in the next breath do you encourage another poster to scavenge for a PPC card? What's the difference? Oh about 700MHz :roll: Maybe you would prefer for OS4 only to run on old, unreliable, rare and extremely expensive hardware? *That* sounds pretty childish to me.

Furthermore, the argument that there is no point running OS4 because there is no software is ridiculous. How do you expect people to develop software with no way to run the OS? Maybe if it were possible to run this OS on some cheap and accessible hardware there would be more development. But that won't happen as long as the only hardware which supports it is old, impossible to find and prohibiively expensive. Then you will get your wish - no future for Amiga.

I for one am still sceptical about this. I won't believe it until I see it running.
Old 18 December 2007, 09:31   #185
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Here is a picture of a macmini.

Old 18 December 2007, 10:28   #186
Stokey

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorollin View Post
Why is it childish to want to run OS4 on a Mac? And Retro Nerd why in the next breath do you encourage another poster to scavenge for a PPC card? What's the difference? Oh about 700MHz :roll: Maybe you would prefer for OS4 only to run on old, unreliable, rare and extremely expensive hardware? *That* sounds pretty childish to me.
There's a lot of dicks posting anti-OS4 sentiments. I can only assume it's jealousy. Why else would they be so vocal about it? If they really didn't care they'd kill the thread with silence.
Old 18 December 2007, 11:03   #187
DrF
Blessed A1200 Of TeH Rat

Looking through this thread I see people want hard evidance, sure there are a few pics of something, I guess all will be settled WHEN/IF this magic appears.
Old 18 December 2007, 11:11   #188
P-J
EAB veteran... Honest!

Send a message via MSN to P-J
My god; I can't believe this freakshow is still going.
Old 18 December 2007, 11:57   #189
gmostar

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorollin View Post

Furthermore, the argument that there is no point running OS4 because there is no software is ridiculous. How do you expect people to develop software with no way to run the OS? Maybe if it were possible to run this OS on some cheap and accessible hardware there would be more development. But that won't happen as long as the only hardware which supports it is old, impossible to find and prohibiively expensive. Then you will get your wish - no future for Amiga.

I for one am still sceptical about this. I won't believe it until I see it running.
If it had no interest we wouldn't be seeing this poor spectacle, not from people who are actively discussing it (with some experimentation) but from guys so full of themselves that they use no rational arguments, and flame everyone that have an opposing opinion . The internet is filled with this, I wonder if all these people were discussing this on a round table, making eye contact with each other would be capable of saying the same things. Everybody has a gigantic pair of brass balls when posting on the internet as long as guarded by it's anonymity . But thats my 2 eurocents.

Anyway I can only hope it works, it could open a couple of doors, I'm not expecting my two A1200 (and their respective addons) to last more than a couple of years, and they already serve their purpose: pure retrogaming.

Thats all I had to say so Merry Xmas everyone (nice and not nice)
Old 18 December 2007, 12:03   #190
P-J
EAB veteran... Honest!

Send a message via MSN to P-J
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaMac View Post
I have just received an email death threat because of my gift. This does not scare me! I will not stop until I prove my gift is real for Amiga fans. Amiga OS 4 forever!
Whatever you do, don't fuck off and die or anything. I'd hate for that to happen.

There are enough freaks here already and you're just tugging their strings and making them worse. Someone is going to have to clear up all the rabid froth when this is over and I'm sure it won't be you.
Old 18 December 2007, 12:04   #191
Raffaele

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raffaele View Post
Also the name of the guy who posted this thread here, it remembers me of this site:

http://amigamac.wikispaces.com

Thank you for your kind attention...
Yesterday the user "billt" on AmigaWorld, said that the site I mentioned was created by him, but he knows nothing of any real Amiga-Mac Loader until these two threads on EAB and Amigaworld became known to public...

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/...order=0#417744

Quote:
This wiki site is mine. I hadn't heard any of this leaked file rumors until this very thread, and I'm very sceptical that any of that rumor is true.
So the site amigamac.wikispaces has nothing in commn with this wannabe user "AmigaMAC" here on EAB...

The mystery continues...

Old 18 December 2007, 12:06   #192
mr_0rga5m
Tik Gora :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaMac View Post
Email death threat ?! How does that work then, They fill your inbox with so much mail you keel over from the shock ? Stop being such a drama queen.
Old 18 December 2007, 12:14   #193
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

Let people enjoy what they want to enjoy, whats so wrong with that? they arent hurting you... if this is a hoax and it does indeed smell like a hoax, oh well. Just proves there are people out there that are interested in OS4 no mater how useless it may appear to others. If you arent interested fine, move along... nothing to see here.
Old 18 December 2007, 13:32   #194
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

/me looks at THB
Old 18 December 2007, 14:11   #195
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

/me looks at KGs caravan and the beating it is about to recieve...
Old 18 December 2007, 14:21   #196
Retro1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigarlz View Post
I have the same result on a macmini ppc powermac10, 1 4.8.9f1 bootrom built on 12/10/04

This means that need a firmware update?

I dont buy my macmini ppc from ebay.
Is there any source or way to flash a MacMini to the persific Firmware?

Or Dump a FirmWare
Old 18 December 2007, 15:06   #197
Merlin
AmiBay MegaMod

This thread is strangely hypnotic... I have to keep coming back to read it, even though I know it's car-crash Internet....

@ Amigamac

Enough double talk, either post proof or go away, things are bad enough without you winding up the natives...as far as I am concerned this is a waste of a CD, time and brain cells, what use is an OS for a Mac Mini with a specific hardware and firmweare setup, with a user base of the order of classic Amigas? If it was for a G3 or somethign more readily available then I would be interested.

Merlin
Old 18 December 2007, 15:25   #198
Charlie
. . Mouse . .

@Mods:
As always an important point well made.
(hey, this is the EAB! Moments of madness aside, this is a friendly place)

@Everyone else - for so many varied reasons (especailly Mick_AKA for an all-time classic reply):
This must be the most entertaining thread 'we've' been involved with for some time!
(many thanks)
Old 18 December 2007, 16:02   #199
jabsy
Yeah Hup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_s View Post
Can someone re-do an iso but containing the greatest hits of The Spice Girls instead

haha.. it'd even be the same size... under 2 megs...
Old 18 December 2007, 16:28   #200
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@jabsy

lets not forget that whole 2MB's includes a 1MB lead in .... and a 1MB lead out...

AdSense AdSense