English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 16 February 2002, 14:03   #1
Paul
RIP Friends

Post WinUAE has a new maintainer

Just seen this at http://amiga.nvg.org/uae/messages/1159.html

Quote:
Many of you will not care, some of you will be very happy, and a few will despair...

But Toni Wilen has taken over all WinUAE development, porting, maintenance, etc. I will no longer be actively contributing (corrupting?) the UAE port on Win32 systems.

Good luck with future efforts, and I hope to be using an even better Amiga emulator in six months.

Brian.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 16 February 2002, 16:30   #2
Ian
HIGH FIVE!!

I would just like to thank BK for his efforts through all the flaming, bitching and moaning he quietly released the best version of WinUAE ever IMO (0.8.17r3)

And we all know Toni has been really active in the WinUAE hierarchy for some time now, after all I think he is personally responsible for emulating the AGA chipset (Might be wrong but I think it's all his work)

And I would also use this opportunity to say to all member's, although Toni is a member here the Official UAE board is where all bug's should be reported. I'm sure we don't want Toni to leave this forum because he's constantly being told "Fix this" or "You've added this and now that doesn't work" like people do on the Official board with BK (and probably now Toni)

I'm not Toni, but if I were this sort of thing would put me right off coming here.

I'm sure if Toni wishes to use this forum for posting bug's and other such stuff, RCK could easily add a section just for that (Like the WinFellow section), leaving Toni to get on with normal business in the other section's of this forum

Anyway, this is my two cent's, hopefully Toni will clarify what HE want's to happen in the upcoming day's.
Old 16 February 2002, 17:13   #3
Paul
RIP Friends

Thanks BK.

And everything Ian said above.
Old 16 February 2002, 18:06   #4
RCK
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ian
...Official UAE board is where all bug's should be reported.
Hihi lol, I know that a lot of people considered the warlock board as 'the official UAE', but why ?
I mean, there is no links from originals emulator pages to this board, and it's only "The UAE Board" for amiga@nvg home

Of course I could put up one dedicated "WinUAE" dedicated sub-forum, I'm only waiting for tony's wish
Old 16 February 2002, 18:17   #5
oldpx

Quote:
Hihi lol, I know that a lot of people considered the warlock board as 'the official UAE', but why ?
Maybe because Brian King occasionally posts there.

Old 16 February 2002, 18:24   #6
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

WinUAE forum is ok if you feel WinUAE needs dedicated forum. I don't care if it is WinUAE or just emulator problems board or something else

No, I am not going anywhere.. and I hate UAE board's ancient board-software. (but don't tell anybody )

Expected release date of WinUAE0.8.20R1: next weekend, with full CD32 support.

BTW: Any ideas how to prevent stupid email questions like "can you send me cd32 kickstart roms"? I really hope I don't get multiple questions like that but...
Old 16 February 2002, 18:30   #7
stainy
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to stainy Send a message via MSN to stainy
Whoa!!

I say again, whoa!! full cd32 support!!
Old 16 February 2002, 18:50   #8
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Question

Has the sound issue,(to make it more like the sound from the WinUAE 08.8r8),been addressed yet?
Then it might be an enjoyable experience on Windows 98 again.
Old 16 February 2002, 19:03   #9
Ian
HIGH FIVE!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Toni Wilen
BTW: Any ideas how to prevent stupid email questions like "can you send me cd32 kickstart roms"?
Don't answer any of mine

You can set up message rules to block emails containing certain thing's such as "Where can I get rom's/games/prostitutes?"

If that fails' you can ban certain people from sending you email's
Old 16 February 2002, 21:10   #10
jmmijo

@Toni, as for the stupid emails question, use Ian's suggestion or better yet, setup a .procmail filter, if your isp supports this

@Stainy, yeah baby, full CD32 support. Now I'm glad I got some of that software from you

I also want to thank BK for all his hard work in supporting the WinUAE. I hope that he migrates to this, the best damn Amiga board period!!! To quote a sports show I know
Old 16 February 2002, 21:46   #11
RCK
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Toni Wilen WinUAE forum is ok if you feel WinUAE needs dedicated forum. I don't care if it is WinUAE or just emulator problems board or something else
I will update the board sub-section.
Quote:
BTW: Any ideas how to prevent stupid email questions like "can you send me cd32 kickstart roms"? I really hope I don't get multiple questions like that but...
From EAB, only registered users can send you email. But if you have to much spam from here, I will add the "Hide Email Address?" option into the usercp.
Old 17 February 2002, 02:31   #12
Chuckles
The Ancient One

Quote:
Originally posted by Toni Wilen
Expected release date of WinUAE0.8.20R1: next weekend, with full CD32 support.
Holy cow! That's a lot sooner than I could ever have imagined! I look forward to playing with it, although in my case, I won't have much use for the CD32 support. Every new release seems to get a bit closer to perfection though, imho.

I had dropped an e-mail to Brian to give him a fix for the GUI, and learned that you were taking over maintenance when he forwarded it to you and sent me a reply to let me know. I think Brian's done a hell of a job, but it's good to know that this is being taken over by someone who's already been heavily involved. Best of luck to you, and I hope you know your efforts are greatly appreciated.
Old 17 February 2002, 03:50   #13
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

This is excellent news.

Hopefully now the new developer will be able to improve WinUAE, rather than whatever BK was doing (adding extra bugs? :-) )

Here's my two cents' worth for what I see as the most important new features for WinUAE:

1. better compatibility
2. more speed
3. more stability

Good luck TW, I wish you all the best.
Old 17 February 2002, 07:42   #14
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

I would just like to thank Toni for being the one to take over this project. When I saw the subject line of this thread, I didn't know what to expect, but when I learned that Toni was the new emcee, I was delighted. I know you'll do a cracking job. Best news all week!
AdSense AdSense