English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 25 January 2008, 21:17   #21
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_rollings View Post
Cody of HoL has kindly agreed to let me use the HoL resources, so that makes things a lot easier... (except for the watermarks, of course )
I'm absolutely positive that the kind / helpful HOL team will send you whatever images you need without watermarks
AdSense AdSense  
Old 25 January 2008, 21:34   #22
RCade

Hi Andrew,

It would be great to see this idea published. I've read your ZX Spectrum book (a fantastic trip down memory lane) and pre-ordered the C64 book a few weeks back now (roll on Feb :-)) and loving the layout and style of the whole thing.

I wish you luck on the c64 book and hope you consider doing the Amiga justice by doing something similar.

All the best,

RCade

Old 25 January 2008, 21:51   #23
Photon

Hey, thanks for telling us a bit about yourself! I'm a dev member on BitWorld and do a bit of "research" myself. (I'm not knocking it, at least two people I know are actually doing doctoral thesis on the Amiga scene )

We're (mostly) into OCS demos, so if your books are about games there are probably other teams on here that can help you better. But if you ever do a book on the scene, don't hesitate to use our database or hop on #amigaexotic on IRCnet

Personally, I think it'd be well within the realms of possibility to interest a publisher in a book about the scene even without pre-orders Most of us old sceners are "ripe" for a book buy right about now, as long as it's accurate
Old 25 January 2008, 23:24   #24
NLS
Ancient User

seems like great work - I am probably getting all three, if you tell me how (in Greece)

I am sure that I'll get pissed that games chosen for CBM64 probably will not be the same as I would choose (I have a list of ~250 games as favorites in my Gamebase collection - either because I had those back then and they bring up memories, or because they are "heavy" titles successfully ported, or because I simply like them)... but anyway I'd love the book
Old 26 January 2008, 01:00   #25
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

I've read BuZz's speccy one, and I'm in for an Amiga one.
Old 26 January 2008, 04:14   #26
andrew_rollings

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLS View Post
seems like great work - I am probably getting all three, if you tell me how (in Greece)

Check the links in my sig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
I've read BuZz's speccy one, and I'm in for an Amiga one.
BuZz's?

Andrew
Old 27 January 2008, 12:18   #27
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Sorry I should have said

"I've read BuZz's copy of your speccy book, and I'm in for an Amiga one."

BuZz is the founder of Exotica and lives round the corner from me. He pre-ordered very early and is very active on the retrogaming scene, so I thought you may have talked to him.

So if you are going to talk about the different Amiga software companies, are you going to include Thalion? Hint Hint.

Last edited by alexh; 27 January 2008 at 12:23.
Old 29 January 2008, 05:47   #28
andrew_rollings

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
So if you are going to talk about the different Amiga software companies, are you going to include Thalion? Hint Hint.
Yep... Amberstar's on the list.

Andrew
Old 29 January 2008, 06:41   #29
BuZz

Send a message via ICQ to BuZz
Did I mention that the book still PONGS of printing ink. ;-)
Old 22 March 2008, 14:37   #30
merman

Send a message via MSN to merman Send a message via Yahoo to merman
Hi, I'm Andrew Fisher, author of the Commodore 64 Book which is NOW AVAILABLE - http://c64goldenyears.com - and I'll also be collaborating with Andrew Rollings on the Amiga book.

We're going to be tweaking the design for the Amiga book, but it will follow a very similar format to the Speccy and C64 ones.

Oh, and a big Hi to BuZz, we met at the recent Retrovision event...
Old 06 July 2010, 19:16   #31
merman

Send a message via MSN to merman Send a message via Yahoo to merman
Just to let people know...

Due to health and personal problems for both myself and Andrew Rollings, the Amiga Book has been heavily delayed. It's not cancelled, but is behind another project in the "queue". Hopefully I will have better news soon.
Old 06 July 2010, 19:18   #32
BuZz

Send a message via ICQ to BuZz
thanks for the update. I wish you both a speedy recovery. Cheers! (Hi too btw, only just saw your message above - only 2 years late!)
Old 06 July 2010, 19:33   #33
chiark
Needs a life

get well soon!
Old 07 July 2010, 02:03   #34
Pyromania

I'm interested in your book, get well soon.
Old 23 January 2011, 14:05   #35
hitm4n

Hiive book order

I understand there are personal problems going on, i'm sorry to read about that and i wish Andrew and his wife all the best.

I read on 29th May 2010 about the personal stuff and Andrew did state in June 2010 "On the hiive books front, I'll try and get the refunds for generation zx sorted in the next two or three weeks". Generation ZX was the book i had on pre-order and i have never received an email/refund or any contact.

I have left a couple of messages on the Hiive website contact form along with my email address over the last 6-7 months and had no responses to either.

I own The first 3 books (Speccy, C64 and 8Bit) and i would simply like to know if the books are cancelled or not and if am due a refund or i just have to wait a bit longer.

I am happy to wait of course but a long time has now passed since i pre-ordered and i am really struggling to get any info back. Thanks to anyone from Hiive who can help me out.
AdSense AdSense