English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 05 December 2007, 16:09   #1
adonay
active amiga 1200 user

Send a message via MSN to adonay
Problems with MiamiDx

I have MiamiDX from old and used to use it together with my Key file i just tried to get my amiga 1200 online yesterday and sucseeded. But Miami says my version is not registerd something that is total bullshit as i have the MiamiDX.key in both S: and Miami folder. Additional to this the net will time out after 30 min playtime. Is this due to unregisterd version ? I never had this problem last time, tried most things to NO avail... Thank you guys for any sugestions.. I am using classic wb with my amiga btw and run that version of Miami and just added key ..
AdSense AdSense  
Old 05 December 2007, 16:46   #2
Bloodwych

Have you tried the DX key provided in the MyFiles/Install/MiamiDX/Keys drawer?

Perhaps you are using a Miami 3.0d key with the DX version? I'm not sure as I've never used it myself, just provided the software in the install directory.

Perhaps this thread is of some use:

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=20043

Old 05 December 2007, 17:05   #3
Bloodwych

Ok, I've just tried this and after installing MiamiDX, I simply copied the keyfiles already provided with the ClassicWB to the install directory. You need to copy all three files, then it runs in registered mode.
Old 05 December 2007, 17:44   #4
adonay
active amiga 1200 user

Send a message via MSN to adonay
Thanks Bloodwych that worked a treat seems i only kept the file named Miamidx and not the 2 other ... Great stuff .. Out of interest why do you supply such an old version of AWEB in classicwb ? I use Ibrowse(unregisterd) and newest aweb
Old 05 December 2007, 19:39   #5
Bloodwych

Glad you got it working.

The AWeb provided is the last non-beta stable release before it went open source.

The problem with the newer versions is that they are slower on machines further down the hardware scale (you've got an 060 you lucky git ) and I don't have chance to check the latest versions for stability.

Therefore it's best to keep the last stable and best performing (in terms of speed) version in the base installs, then people can upgrade and customize them to their own needs.
AdSense AdSense